HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Buffalo Sabres (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   End Of Season Press Conference 1PM today (Audio Link, Post #1) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1415785)

betterdays 04-29-2013 11:14 AM

End Of Season Press Conference 1PM today (Audio Link, Post #1)
 
Can we start a thread to discuss the PC today?

My issue is the criticism that TP is getting for not addressing the media directly.
Although he certainly does not have to, I think he should. Why not stand up to the media? He's got nothing to be ashamed of.

His goal was to win the Cup within 3 years, and to win further Cups afterward. He spent a ton of money to build a positive energy around the team, and to bring in talent. It failed, and his team fell miserably short. So what? Chamopionships cannot be guaranteed, but he certainly took a swing for the fences.

If I were Terry, I would attend the PC. His enthusiasm can be contagious and the team and community needs that right now. "F" the media.......he fell short of his goal, but time to set another one and take another swing at it. No shame in that.

EDIT: link to presser http://audio.wgr550.com/a/74119983/s...ar-presser.htm

betterdays 04-29-2013 11:17 AM

By the way, there is a link on the Sabres' home page to watch (listen?) to the PC at 1PM.

couture23 04-29-2013 11:17 AM

They'll say they failed to meet their goals, future goals are now set, blah blah blah.

"This team will be contending for a playoff spot next season." - Darcy Regier

Beerz 04-29-2013 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by betterdays (Post 64893571)
Can we start a thread to discuss the PC today?

My issue is the criticism that TP is getting for not addressing the media directly.
Although he certainly does not have to, I think he should. Why not stand up to the media? He's got nothing to be ashamed of.

His goal was to win the Cup within 3 years, and to win further Cups afterward. He spent a ton of money to build a positive energy around the team, and to bring in talent. It failed, and his team fell miserably short. So what? Chamopionships cannot be guaranteed, but he certainly took a swing for the fences.

If I were Terry, I would attend the PC. His enthusiasm can be contagious and the team and community needs that right now. "F" the media.......he fell short of his goal, but time to set another one and take another swing at it. No shame in that.


I'd rather hear from Ted Black than Terry Pegula.

I honestly want to hear from an owner of any team as little as possible.

Fund the team and let the upper management talk hockey.

DixonWard15 04-29-2013 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beerz (Post 64893787)
I'd rather hear from Ted Black than Terry Pegula.

I honestly want to hear from an owner of any team as little as possible.

Fund the team and let the upper management talk hockey.

agreed. :handclap:


This is just the media trying to create something out of nothing, if Pegula's doesn't talk then he is an absentee owner and if he gets involved then he is the owner that is a meddler.

If you can't see the benefit that Terry Pegula has provided to City of Buffalo and Western New York in general then I think you need to get your head examined.

tsujimoto74 04-29-2013 11:53 AM

Hopefully we get a glimpse into what the plan is right now. I feel like it's been hinted at that they intend to do a full rebuild, like, the kind where you expect every core veteran player gone and a near total roster overhaul by the time the team is competing for a playoff spot again. We'll see.

Beerz 04-29-2013 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 (Post 64895593)
Hopefully we get a glimpse into what the plan is right now. I feel like it's been hinted at that they intend to do a full rebuild, like, the kind where you expect every core veteran player gone and a near total roster overhaul by the time the team is competing for a playoff spot again. We'll see.

I don't think they'll give that type of indication. Stating so would put them in a disadvantage with Miller/Vanek.

flyingpig 04-29-2013 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 (Post 64895593)
Hopefully we get a glimpse into what the plan is right now. I feel like it's been hinted at that they intend to do a full rebuild, like, the kind where you expect every core veteran player gone and a near total roster overhaul by the time the team is competing for a playoff spot again. We'll see.

I dont expect that info. Anticipate semi apology for not meeting goals and vagueness about future, conversations with Miller and Vanek, young new core, building the right way while getting a competitive team on ice as quickly as possible.

couture23 04-29-2013 12:03 PM

We need a bigger media room.

Why don't they do the press conferences in the lobby of the FNC anymore? Didn't they do that a few times?

Beerz 04-29-2013 12:03 PM

I wish they'd open a mic on Harrington and Sullivan so we could hear their sophomoric conversation.

couture23 04-29-2013 12:05 PM

Hey Harrington, zip it.

couture23 04-29-2013 12:05 PM

They said it! Rebuild!

http://i.imgur.com/RTp10ee.gif

Chainshot 04-29-2013 12:06 PM

Missed the first few minutes. Anything good?

couture23 04-29-2013 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chainshot (Post 64896397)
Missed the first few minutes. Anything good?

Darcy said he is going to sit down with Ron over the next few weeks to talk about his future as HC.

Harrington asked if they were rebuilding, Ted said yes - "rebuild, reboot..whatever you want to call it."

Rhett4 04-29-2013 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chainshot (Post 64896397)
Missed the first few minutes. Anything good?

Black: Darcy staying. Rebuild in progress.
Regier: No decision on Rolston. Discussions to come. He did well.

Zip15 04-29-2013 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chainshot (Post 64896397)
Missed the first few minutes. Anything good?

Not really. Decision to keep Regier was made in January. Black clarifies that Regier is not his employee, they both report to Pegula.

Chainshot 04-29-2013 12:11 PM

Ugh, can't get the feed to run smoothly on either the laptop or my handheld.

couture23 04-29-2013 12:12 PM

They really need to quit it with the raising ticket price questions.

Rhett4 04-29-2013 12:13 PM

Jerry Sullivan...story written before he gets his question answered. What a bozo.

couture23 04-29-2013 12:13 PM

The media is atrocious. I am so happy I don't have to deal with them living across the lake.

Jame 04-29-2013 12:13 PM

wow... :rolleyes:

JAMG 04-29-2013 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhett4 (Post 64896861)
Jerry Sullivan...story written before he gets his question answered. What a bozo.

Loved how black handled that

TakeThatTootoo 04-29-2013 12:14 PM

I'd like to slap Jerry with my ****

couture23 04-29-2013 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TakeThatTootoo (Post 64896933)
I'd like to slap Jerry with my ****

I hope "hand" wasn't the bleeped out word.

Zip15 04-29-2013 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhett4 (Post 64896861)
Jerry Sullivan...story written before he gets his question answered. What a bozo.

They always write the story beforehand. Ask Ryan Miller. ;)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:14 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.