HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Which Propsects have the best trade Value? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=14158)

Chayos 09-24-2003 09:52 PM

Which Propsects have the best trade Value?

you notice in most of the proposals certain prospects names ome up a lot. My question is who are the 10 most requested prospects value wise.

Mine would be these in no particular order.

1) Pitkanen
2) Spezza
3) Komisarek
4) carlo coliacovo
5) Tyutin
6) Rick Dipietro
7) Krajicek
8) Rita
9) Ruutu
10)Miller

You tell me where I messed up. Please note players from 2003 draft class are except as they haven't had a season to prove anything since they were drafted

andora 09-24-2003 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chayos1
1) Pitkanen
2) Spezza
3) Komisarek
4) carlo coliacovo
5) Tyutin
6) Rick Dipietro
7) Krajicek
8) Rita
9) Ruutu
10)Miller

well, as many problems as ruutu has caused, i gotta believe he'd be higher then 9. i'd also have to put krajicek higher then tyutin.. while carlo should be lower then ruutu imo... i'll take a stab...

1 - spezza
2 - pitkanen
3 - ruutu
4 - komisarek
5 - miller
6 - dipietro
7 - rita
8 - colaiacovo
9 - krajicek
10 - tjutin

andora 09-24-2003 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JTL
move carlo to number 10 and it looks about right.

yeah, i had trouble with those bottom three.. in my eyes in terms of talent i'd have carlo nine, with kraijcek number eight...

i just know carlo is pretty valued, which is something i've never agreed with, as i've never been too high on him.. (hope he proves me wrong though ! )

Bird Law 09-25-2003 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andora's box
yeah, i had trouble with those bottom three.. in my eyes in terms of talent i'd have carlo nine, with kraijcek number eight...

i just know carlo is pretty valued, which is something i've never agreed with, as i've never been too high on him.. (hope he proves me wrong though ! )

...and Tjutin is generally seen as a better prospect in most rankings. :rolly:

Spiffy 09-25-2003 02:51 AM

Sadly enough I think Rita has very little trade value and if he'll be traded it will most likely be as a throw in. He is one of my favourite prospects but with the oilers not trusting him to be a regular after spending all that time on the farm lowers his trade value alot and I think his NHL career will end with less than 100 games if he doesn't get out of the oiler system.

Kritty 09-25-2003 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mattihp
Sadly enough I think Rita has very little trade value and if he'll be traded it will most likely be as a throw in. He is one of my favourite prospects but with the oilers not trusting him to be a regular after spending all that time on the farm lowers his trade value alot and I think his NHL career will end with less than 100 games if he doesn't get out of the oiler system.

I would have to disagree. I think Rita has pretty good trade value around the league, and he definitely will not be a throw in. If that was the case, the Oilers would be better off keeping him because he is a far better asset than a throw in.

And it's not the Oilers not trusting him, it's the situation in Edmonton. Rita has been outplayed by some other LWers and with the depth the Oilers have, Rita is better served playing big minutes in Toronto for another year. He still hasn't been given a true shot to earn minutes in Edmonton. He is definitely in their future plans and I'm sure Lowe knows what he is doing with Rita. Of course Rita will feel that he should play now but with Torres on a 1 way contract and the play of others, he's likely the odd man out for the time being. He has only played 2 season in the AHL and has been a very very solid player both seasons so I don't see how that lowers his trade value. He's being groomed for a top 6 role in Edmonton, and he appears to be on the right track towards that.

Blackjack 09-25-2003 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reveille

I read a blurb in the paper that said Tjutin is having a weak camp. Is that true?

Pure Slaughter Value 09-25-2003 09:17 AM

I read a blurb in the paper that said Tjutin is having a weak camp. Is that true?

A Ranger fan could probably get into more detail, but there was an article in the NY Post solely on the fact that Tyutin hasn't impressed and his coverage has been sub-par. The emphasis on the article was that the Rangers expected and wanted him to impress at camp, as he's impressed everywhere else. Apparently he'll be playing with the Wolfpack.

andora 09-25-2003 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reveille

and we all know how accurate those knobs are :p...it is trade value though, not being better

USC Trojans 09-25-2003 10:13 AM

In terms of value, it'd probably be:

MA Fleury
Lehtonen
Pitkanen
Spezza

good goalie prospects are rare, and so are defensemen. Good forward prospects are a dime a dozen, except for the special ones like Spezza.

btmarshall 09-25-2003 10:31 AM

I've seen Steve Eminger fairly high on some rankings, and he pops up in proposals periodically. It looks as though he will be a top-four pairing defenseman this year, paired with Brendan Witt. Eminger beat out Nolan Yonkman, who appears headed for the AHL for a while longer.

Chayos 09-25-2003 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alzardnp1

MA Fleury
Lehtonen
Pitkanen
Spezza

good goalie prospects are rare, and so are defensemen. Good forward prospects are a dime a dozen, except for the special ones like Spezza.

Fleary was drafted this year so i left him off the list, but missed Lehtonen. So i would remove either Coliacovo, Krajicek, Tyutin or Rita.

Chayos 09-25-2003 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mattihp

I think that oiler fans read to much into the Jani Rita situation. He has Played very well in camp and has been scoring. a post above mentioned he had been playing Lw and got beat our, but from what i read he played a lot of RW in camp so far especially with Reasoner. I think he will make the oilers this year as the 3rd line Rw replacing Pisani. Sure he had a bad playoff last years, but he was sharing icetime with MTL prospects. His prior years playoffs were very strong.

Watch for him to get about 30-38 points thsi season while playing a strong defensive game.

Winston Wolf 09-26-2003 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alzardnp1

MA Fleury
Lehtonen
Pitkanen
Spezza

Goaltenders usually never have equal trade value. Especially goaltending prospects. A defenseman or forward will almost always have higher trade value than a goaltender. If the Flyers or the Senators were to trade Pitkanen or Spezza, they'd get considerably more in return than Pittsburgh or Atlanta would for Fleury or Lehtonen. One reason is goaltending prospects are so unpredictable, so teams aren't willing to give up as much. Another reason is that even proven top goaltenders don't return equal trade value. Just look at when Roy and Hasek were traded. Or even Cechmanek only got a second- round draft pick this summer.
Anyways, I think Pitkanen or Spezza would definitely have the highest trade value because of their awesome potential that no other prospects really have right now.

thome_26 09-26-2003 12:02 PM

IMO Spezza is the best of all them. He's gonna have a big season this year on one of the top two lines with Hossa or Alfredson (which ever he ends up with).

#37-#93-#27* 09-26-2003 12:17 PM

First overall pick 2004 :rolly:

JasonMacIsaac 09-26-2003 08:08 PM

First overall pick in 2005 I would take.

Mike8 09-26-2003 08:44 PM

Trade value would be similar to top prospect rankings, wouldn't it? Nevertheless, mine would be something along the lines of....

1. Jason Spezza
2. Joni Pitkanen
3. Tuomo Ruutu
4. Eric Staal
5. MA Fleury
6. Kari Lehtonen
7. Nikolai Zherdev
8. Nathan Horton
9. Mike Komisarek
10. Dan Hamhuis

Perhaps swap Zherdev/Horton with Komisarek/Hamhuis since the latter are more proven and closer to the NHL, which does influence trade value in this case.

For me, Colaiacovo would not enter the top 50 'most valued' prospects, so I'm not sure what he's doing in the top 10 in this thread.

Profet 09-26-2003 10:50 PM

hrmm...

Tyutin makes the list...but Blackburn doesn't?

weird...

FacelessButcher 09-26-2003 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Profet
hrmm...

Tyutin makes the list...but Blackburn doesn't?

weird...

He does have 63 games on his record maybe hes more of a young star than a prospect

Profet 09-26-2003 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FacelessButcher
He does have 63 games on his record maybe hes more of a young star than a prospect

According to HF prospect Criteria DiPietro isnt a prospect (30 games in 2 seasons)

DiPietro made the list.

So Lets Compare the two...

DiPietro Blackburn
GP: 30 63
MIN: 1668 3499
W: 5 20
L: 20 32
T: 3 4
GA: 92 188
GAA: 3.31 3.22
SOG: 788 1777
SV: 696 1589
SV%: .883 .894
SO: 0 1

These are Career Totals...and keep in mind that DiPietro has been playing on a playoff team.

If neither qualify as prospects...then I'm gonna have to go with Blackburn on the list over DiPietro not just as a Ranger fan but as a hockey fan.

andora 09-26-2003 11:17 PM

oh who gives a crap.. it's just a certain group that this guy picked out, maybe they are his favorites..

it doesn't matter who was left off....

Profet 09-26-2003 11:35 PM

Quote:

oh who gives a crap.. it's just a certain group that this guy picked out, maybe they are his favorites..

it doesn't matter who was left off....

From original post:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chayos1
You tell me where I messed up.

andora 09-26-2003 11:37 PM

yeah, where he messed up ranking THOSE PROSPECTS...

Profet 09-26-2003 11:43 PM

Quote:

yeah, where he messed up ranking THOSE PROSPECTS...

He has already conceded to leaving out one prospect...hence setting a precedent.

I am simply mentioning another player, since he acknowledged the fact that he may have left off some players.