HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Did the Ducks Win the Gardiner/Lupul Trade? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1416303)

hlaverty06 04-29-2013 10:00 PM

Did the Ducks Win the Gardiner/Lupul Trade?

Lupul was an injury prone player (hell look at this season) who would have never lived up to expectation in Anaheim, Gardiner showed that he has glaring flaws this season and Beauchemin (Norris candidate) was an established number 1 this season

All hail RC

tml145 04-29-2013 10:02 PM

OK.....

SoulAssassin 04-29-2013 10:03 PM

As an unbiased observer, Id tend to agree. Gardiner has been dismal this season, cant even crack a lineup containing Kostka and Gunnarsson. Lupul is injured easier then Crosby and Beauchemin has been the reason the Ducks have done so well. If he was in contract year like Getzlaf and Perry, the Ducks would have had to trade one of them.

This one goes to Anahiem

JayP812 04-29-2013 10:03 PM

Very underrated trade. Lupul is awful defensively, Gardiner is probably a bust. Beauchemin is a stud for Anaheim. Great move by Murray.

FlamesFreak4 04-29-2013 10:03 PM

Beauchemin is clearly the best peice of that trade right now, hes easily a cantidate for the Norris. ANA had no choice but to move the injury prone Lupul.

KesselLooksLikeRadar* 04-29-2013 10:04 PM

Yeah, I hate the fact we got a PPG winger and a great potential top 4 defenseman for a guy who wasn't living up to expectations in Toronto. Does that phrase sound familiar?

PuqTalk 04-29-2013 10:04 PM

Wait... is- is everyone actually serious?

Marc the Habs Fan 04-29-2013 10:04 PM

I hate the Leafs, but no, they won this trade. You can't just judge it in the context of this season alone. Gardiner was really good last year.

BigBenSF* 04-29-2013 10:05 PM

Beauchemin has been incredible this season, while Gardiner will be stuck in the minors and Lupul will be in the press box for the rest of their lives.

Ducksforcup 04-29-2013 10:05 PM

Hard to argue against the fact that Beauchemin is the best player in this trade, HOWEVER Bob Murray can be criticized for the fact that he let Beauchemin go in the first place.

Polo* 04-29-2013 10:05 PM

What kind of trolling is going on here..............

cant tell if anyone is actually serious or not

Crispy Crust 04-29-2013 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoulAssassin (Post 64933355)
As an unbiased observer, Id tend to agree. Gardiner has been dismal this season, cant even crack a lineup containing Kostka and Gunnarsson. Lupul is injured easier then Crosby and Beauchemin has been the reason the Ducks have done so well. If he was in contract year like Getzlaf and Perry, the Ducks would have had to trade one of them.

This one goes to Anahiem

Randy Carlyle loves him some Kostka. Not really Gardiner's fault. Makes one mistake and he is banished for eternity.

Honour Over Glory 04-29-2013 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hlaverty06 (Post 64933189)
Lupul was an injury prone player (hell look at this season) who would have never lived up to expectation in Anaheim, Gardiner showed that he has glaring flaws this season and Beauchemin (Norris candidate) was an established number 1 this season

All hail RC

I don't care for either teams, but there is no way in hell that the Leafs lost that trade. In a shortened season, Beauchemin is a Norris Candidate. The Leafs got a top 6 player and a potential top 4 defenseman.

Leafs are now a playoff team, how have they lost?

BigBenSF* 04-29-2013 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PuqTalk (Post 64933421)
Wait... is- is everyone actually serious?

I've never been so serious about something in my life.

couture23 04-29-2013 10:06 PM

Wait, so the Gardiner praising has stopped?

Liminality 04-29-2013 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBenSF (Post 64933467)
Beauchemin has been incredible this season, while Gardiner will be stuck in the minors and Lupul will be in the press box for the rest of their lives.

Pretty much sums up this thread

FlamesFreak4 04-29-2013 10:08 PM

Gardiner could easily amount to a bust after not being able to lock up a roster spot on the Leafs. Beachemin has been amazing. How many consecutive games has Lupul played without being injured?

West Coast Bias* 04-29-2013 10:08 PM

Gardiner, in particular, has been in and out of the press box all season and it's quite the feat to get benched in favor of the trio of Kostka, O'Byrne, and Fraser. What's gone wrong with him?

It's pretty clear that Lupul is damaged goods at this point in his career. What use is there in a PPG player when he misses 75% of the season?

BigBenSF* 04-29-2013 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlamesFreak4 (Post 64933655)
Gardiner could easily amount to a bust after not being able to lock up a roster spot on the Leafs. Beachemin has been amazing. How many consecutive games has Lupul played without being injured?

I haven't checked, but I'm pretty sure it's 3.6 games.

The Mighty Duck Man 04-29-2013 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan (Post 64933443)
I hate the Leafs, but no, they won this trade. You can't just judge it in the context of this season alone. Gardiner was really good last year.

So, we base it in the context of last season alone?

It is funny, though. Barely a year ago HF routinely joked how all Burke does is hose Murray and if the Ducks traded Ryan the Leafs would get him for nothing or whatever. Now people have realized Beauchemin's pretty good and Gardiner was overhyped.

Oh, and why can't both teams win again?

HappyGilmourr 04-29-2013 10:09 PM

There is no loser in this trade... this is a rare circumstance both teams benefited. Beauch is better in the west, Lupul is made for the east. I'll take Lupul and his shortened PPG seasons and a projected top 3 d-man over Beauchemin who wasn't getting the job done here... Beauchemin was also just a free agent signing that didn't work out. I'm glad the trade is working out for the ducks too - but this is trade has paid off tremendously for TO. Seems like a good hockey trade to me.

Milan the God* 04-29-2013 10:09 PM

Beauchemin is a boss. Very underrated in the media.

Lupul has been great for the Leafs, but is injured a lot. Gardiner hasn't impressed me a lot yet, but he's young and does have skill.

I think this is a win-win.

Poundcake 04-29-2013 10:10 PM

The Ducks were actually lucky to get a franchise defender out of those two...and cleared the deadweight in the process.

Lupul was on the decline and Gardiner has always had problems moving his feet, IMO.

Dark Knight 04-29-2013 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayP812 (Post 64933363)
Very underrated trade. Lupul is awful defensively, Gardiner is probably a bust. Beauchemin is a stud for Anaheim. Great move by Murray.

Are you kidding me?

Lupul is absolutely fine defensively and Gardiner had a tough season injury wise.

Modo 04-29-2013 10:11 PM

I do not agree.

Lupul, while injury prone, has been an explosive addition to Toronto's offense. I think they're just fine with the cost it took to bring him in. And if Gardiner fails to stick, I think they can still get a decent return on the trade market. :dunno: