HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Montreal sign back Latendresse (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1416577)

Greenstickytoes* 04-30-2013 11:22 AM

Montreal sign back Latendresse

Montreal should maybe give him a try. Missing size up front, im sure he
can fill in with a Chucky and Gally line next year. Big body, hits hard, lacks speed
but with a decent wrist shot and physical play he can be a good rental for a year.
this is if ever we cannot put our hands on Bickell.

Method Man 04-30-2013 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenstickytoes (Post 64954391)
can fill in with a Chucky and Gally line next year. Big body, hits hard, lacks speed
but with a decent wrist shot and physical play he can be a good rental for a year.

Calgary should be interested in him too.

Greenstickytoes* 04-30-2013 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abbotsford Heat (Post 64954429)
Calgary should be interested in him too.

i think he rather come to MTL then go to Cal

caley 04-30-2013 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenstickytoes (Post 64954913)

Why? Montreal basically ran him out of town last time?!

Also, this isn't speculation, so I changed it to a proposal.

Ezpz 04-30-2013 12:40 PM

No interest. He's done.

Frank Drebin 04-30-2013 01:09 PM

Quote:

I'd rather him go to Cal then come to MTL

bcv 04-30-2013 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caley (Post 64957609)

He made it clear in the summer that he wanted to be closer to his son and that's why Ottawa was the perfect place for him. So, if he had the choice between MTL and CGY, he would, following his logic, choose MTL.

angry pirate 04-30-2013 01:20 PM

I'd be very happy to have Gui back in Montreal. It's a new front office in Montreal this time around, and he'd come in expected to be a 3rd liner instead of the next great French Canadian Power Forward ala his last go around.

He also chose Ottawa last time because he wanted to live in the area, so if Montreal was interested, I'm sure Gui would be happy to return.

We just have to temper our expectations, acknoledge what he is, and isn't, and not hold against him that he never panned out to be a top 6 forward.

IglooBoy 04-30-2013 01:32 PM

No that's fine. Thank you. Montreal will pass on Latendresse.

He's been unable to play anything close to a full season since 2009. He's been a healthy scratch on a Sens team that is plagued by injuries.

I'm guessing the play of someone like Gallagher hasn't made people realize that it is not the height/weight of the player but how they play.

Give me another Gallagher type player over Latendresse any day.

I don't want Latendresse anywhere near Montreal's lineup unless he is playing against them.

wedge 04-30-2013 01:33 PM

I don'T think we have a place for him in our line-up for next year.

Altimus 04-30-2013 01:34 PM

He's all yours. Been a healthy scratch too many times, there is no way he gets resigned.

HTTP 400 04-30-2013 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caley (Post 64957609)

Not at all. It seems like every time a player leave Montreal people think it's because he was booed out! He was a fan favorite and fans were chanting "Guy, Guy Guy" like they did to Guy Lafleur and Guy Carbonneau.

It seems like he lost all confidence under Jacques Martin and was used as a 4th liner.

That being said, I don't see where he'd fit in Montreal's top 9.

Respeck 04-30-2013 01:48 PM

I'd rather just play Prust on our third line than bring Latendresse back.

Halifaxhab* 04-30-2013 07:31 PM

I dont know. Maybe for a cheap 1-2 yr deal @ about 1 to 1.5M. A big 3rd liner who can hit, bury 15 goals. Why not?

BigNumber1Centre 04-30-2013 07:51 PM

He may be big but I dont find that he plays very big.

WildcatMapleLeafs28 04-30-2013 08:26 PM

I could see Vancouver or New Jersey giving him a shot for 1.0 - 1.5 million..

Blind Gardien 04-30-2013 08:56 PM

I'd say since the Habs have the majority of their roster spots filled already for next season, they aren't really in a position to be signing wildcard reclamation projects like Latendresse. The team will either keep what little room they have for promotion from within, or go with surer bets on any signing up front. :dunno:

Method Man 04-30-2013 09:03 PM

Quote:

Why? He is more likely to get more ice time in Calgary, he is trying to re-establish himself in the NHL and going to a team that can play him a lot is in his best interest. Calgary can do that while they rebuild, Montreal would be crazy to do that since they are more competitive.

BrimStone64 04-30-2013 09:36 PM

Quote:

I'd rather sign Torres or Fedotenko

loadie 04-30-2013 09:37 PM

No thanks to that. Don't need him back

Ginu 04-30-2013 10:41 PM

Quote:

No thx

Treb 05-01-2013 04:57 AM

Quote:

Problem is bolded. He would always be behind the play.

hlaverty06 05-01-2013 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 (Post 64986983)
I could see Vancouver or New Jersey giving him a shot for 1.0 - 1.5 million..

Nooo we have enough 2nd to 3rd line tweeners

Psycho Papa Joe 05-01-2013 06:18 AM

Ryder is an UFA. If he leaves and the habs strike out in adding anyone of significance on the free agent market, he might be worth a look. Maybe as a training camp invite. That way you assess him vs some of the prospects and whether they are ready to make the jump.

JuniorNelson 05-01-2013 06:39 AM

As far as big LWs this summer, there are Clowe and Latendresse and Ponikarovsky. I think Latendresse might be the best option, here.

I am almost certain Vigneault would like this player in Vancouver, especially if Roy remains.