HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: #3 Overall Pick + for a #1 Defenseman (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1416731)

hfgreg 04-30-2013 02:49 PM

#3 Overall Pick + for a #1 Defenseman

So, I have seen a ton of threads pop up where people are wanting a shot at the #3 overall pick (likely Drouin). I think the ONLY thing that the Bolts would give him up for would be a #1 defenseman as we would also love to have this kid playing with Stamkos for years to come.

We would also add to the pick for the right dman as well.

gudzilla 04-30-2013 03:04 PM

i read somewhere about a proposal of:

kulikov, rights to weiss, 31st overall + a conditional pick if they resign weiss

to florida:
3rd overall+lecavalier (huge cap dump). it's not likely that florida would keep lecavalier or buy him out, but maybe a 3-way trade would work for florida

i think that would be decent value, depending on the conditional pick ofc

Mayor Bee 04-30-2013 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hfgreg (Post 64966107)
So, I have seen a ton of threads pop up where people are wanting a shot at the #3 overall pick (likely Drouin). I think the ONLY thing that the Bolts would give him up for would be a #1 defenseman as we would also love to have this kid playing with Stamkos for years to come.

#3 overall to Columbus for Ryan Murray?

HangingWithMrCooper 04-30-2013 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dej (Post 64967093)
i read somewhere about a proposal of:

kulikov, rights to weiss, 31st overall + a conditional pick if they resign weiss

to florida:
3rd overall+lecavalier (huge cap dump). it's not likely that florida would keep lecavalier or buy him out, but maybe a 3-way trade would work for florida

i think that would be decent value, depending on the conditional pick ofc

In what world would Lecavalier waive his NMC to go to the Panthers?

gudzilla 04-30-2013 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HangingWithMrCooper (Post 64967577)
In what world would Lecavalier waive his NMC to go to the Panthers?

there have been more shocking waiving of NMC. campbell waived his a few years back to join.

people talk about buying him out. theoretically, i think that's close to the value, even if i think pantehrs might have to add a decent pick or some medium-end prospect

he probably wouldn't waive, but idk.

416Leafer 04-30-2013 03:17 PM

Legitimate #1 defencemen are very very rarely available via trade.

I think you could get a legitimate top pairing defenceman, a guy like Girardi, Bygulian, Enstrom, Yandle, etc (one team or the other may have to add), but guys like Weber, Pietrangelo, Suter, Karlsson, Keith, Doughty, OEL, etc etc simply aren't going to be traded.

Who was the last legitimate #1 D to get traded (who wasn't on an expiring contract)? Campbell, Bouwmeester, Burns, etc are the closest I can think of, but they fall in the same category as the Byfgulian/Yandle/etc guys. Top pairing Dmen, but not necessarily solid #1s.

IPreferPi 04-30-2013 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mayor Bee (Post 64967557)

I match/counter CBJ's offer with Brandon Gormley.

Rschmitz 04-30-2013 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hfgreg (Post 64966107)

Agreed. Doubt we see anything happen though and we'll draft Drouin

The Fear Boners 04-30-2013 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 416Leafer (Post 64967775)
Legitimate #1 defencemen are very very rarely available via trade.

I think you could get a legitimate top pairing defenceman, a guy like Girardi, Bygulian, Enstrom, Yandle, etc (one team or the other may have to add), but guys like Weber, Pietrangelo, Suter, Karlsson, Keith, Doughty, OEL, etc etc simply aren't going to be traded.

Who was the last legitimate #1 D to get traded (who wasn't on an expiring contract)? Campbell, Bouwmeester, Burns, etc are the closest I can think of, but they fall in the same category as the Byfgulian/Yandle/etc guys. Top pairing Dmen, but not necessarily solid #1s.

I think "very very rarely" is still being generous. :laugh:

When was the last legit number one dealt? Pronger?

Riptide 04-30-2013 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mayor Bee (Post 64967557)

That's a realistic trade.

Riptide 04-30-2013 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Still All In (Post 64968451)

Pronger and perhaps Burns (although I consider him more of a top pairing guy vs a #1D). Mind you I wouldn't call Phaneuf, Campbell, etc #1 guys either (yes I know my definition of a #1D means there's very few true #1D in the league).

416Leafer 04-30-2013 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riptide (Post 64968801)
Pronger and perhaps Burns (although I consider him more of a top pairing guy vs a #1D). Mind you I wouldn't call Phaneuf, Campbell, etc #1 guys either (yes I know my definition of a #1D means there's very few true #1D in the league).

Pronger and maybe Boyle are the only guys that come to mind IMO from the last 6-8 years who at the time of the trade, were considered legitimate #1 defencemen. And even Boyle was arguably a notch below a true #1.

Phaneuf at the time of the trade, was not a #1. This year, and only this year IMO has he shown that he can be a legitimate #1. Time will tell if that's just an anomaly due to a shortened season, or if it's a showcase of his future. Burns/Campbell as well I would only call top pairing guys.

The other thing is that when Pronger/Boyle were traded, they were available. No legitimate #1 Defencemen are thought to be available at the moment.

hfgreg 04-30-2013 04:00 PM

I agree that #1s aren't often traded but given the state of the Lightning that is the ONLY thing that would entice us to trade the pick.. take it or leave it.

416Leafer 04-30-2013 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hfgreg (Post 64969949)
I agree that #1s aren't often traded but given the state of the Lightning that is the ONLY thing that would entice us to trade the pick.. take it or leave it.

I agree. That's why I don't think the pick would be traded.

TB is more likely to move some package involving Connolly/Purcell/Vasilevski/etc to acquire a top pairing Dman (not a #1 Dman though) then they are to move the 3rd overall pick IMO.

Because just as much as legitimate #1s aren't traded much at all, top 3 picks are traded just as rarely.

hfgreg 04-30-2013 04:25 PM

Yup, to acquire a top 4 guy.. Pretty much made this thread to set the record straight on the pick.

mondo3 04-30-2013 04:31 PM

Byfugelin?

hfgreg 04-30-2013 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mondo3 (Post 64971719)
Byfugelin?

I would definitely have interest in him but not for the 3rd overall I don't think..

sayheykid 04-30-2013 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mondo3 (Post 64971719)
Byfugelin?

For the third? Hell no.

Koto 04-30-2013 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IPreferPi (Post 64968073)
I match/counter CBJ's offer with Brandon Gormley.

really....?

Murray>Gormley.

And i like Gormley.

IPreferPi 04-30-2013 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Koto (Post 64972443)
really....?

Murray>Gormley.

And i like Gormley.

Murray's ceiling is higher than Gormley's, but Gormley isn't a slouch in upside either. And Murray just lost a year of development due to injury; Gormley is developing on schedule (if not more so) and actually will have a season in the pros under his belt. He'll be ready to contribute on the blueline pretty soon. I would add the Yotes's 1st as well, but only if MacK was still on the board at 3.

That being said, it's all a moot point as it's 99% likely Tampa is just going to draft Drouin and have him replace MSL when he retires.

rajuabju 04-30-2013 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Still All In (Post 64968451)

So you're saying..... there's still a chance!

Reacher Gilt 04-30-2013 05:08 PM

Tyler Myers

Alklha 04-30-2013 05:12 PM

Are the Lightning not in cap trouble? How could they afford to trade a cheap asset for a "#1 Defenseman"?

crowi 04-30-2013 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reacher Gilt (Post 64973411)
Tyler Myers

He is a bum and worth a 6th round pick, because he had a bad season. :sarcasm:

Anaheim offers 5th round pick.

TylerSVT* 04-30-2013 05:32 PM

Giordano
1st 2013 - STL
1st 2013 - Pitts.

Probably overpayment, but its my offer.