HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Value of: Alfredsson's Rights to Toronto (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1417011)

hlaverty06 04-30-2013 09:53 PM

Alfredsson's Rights to Toronto

The Leafs have a major problem with their second line RW situation. Kulemin is a third liner, and Frattin looks to be a career AHLer, so, they need someone to play with Kadri who can mentor him. What would it take for Toronto to trade for Alfie's rights?

KesselLooksLikeRadar* 04-30-2013 09:54 PM

You know, in a perfect world, it would be nice to have Alfie. He's a good two-way player; but I am not sure is he's the guy that will be a good fit with Kadri, considering Alfie's offensive skills aren't what they used to be.

yakfish 04-30-2013 09:55 PM

I'm not sure Alfredsson would be welcome in Toronto.

PriceIsGod 04-30-2013 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hlaverty06 (Post 64989159)
The Leafs have a major problem with their second line RW situation. Kulemin is a third liner, and Frattin looks to be a career AHLer, so, they need someone to play with Kadri who can mentor him. What would it take for Toronto to trade for Alfie's rights?

I actually agree here , Kulemin is a third liner i mean sure he can bring it sometimes but to be honest he is a third liner , I also agree with the Frattin thing , Sure he had some great plays obviously some OT Beauty's but he has a nice big AHL Spot. I don't know what it would take but Alfie would be great to teach Kadri.

CoachBadkitten 04-30-2013 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yakfish (Post 64989301)
I'm not sure Alfredsson would be welcome in Toronto.

Nice to know Toronto doesn't welcome very skilled, wingers who would help their team tremendously.

The Produce Man 04-30-2013 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hlaverty06 (Post 64989159)

Given the fact they are fierce rivals, Gardiner or Rielly + is the logical starting point.

sunsoutgunsout 04-30-2013 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Produce Man (Post 64989357)
Given the fact they are fierce rivals, Gardiner or Rielly + is the logical starting point.

I think most Leafs fans are really high on Rielly, so Rielly straight up for Alf seems like a really good hockey trade.

SoulAssassin 04-30-2013 09:58 PM

Alfredsson would make the Leafs a legit contender. Starts with Morgan if you ask me...

Water Knight 04-30-2013 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KesselLooksLikeRadar (Post 64989261)
You know, in a perfect world, it would be nice to have Alfie. He's a good two-way player; but I am not sure is he's the guy that will be a good fit with Kadri, considering Alfie's offensive skills aren't what they used to be.

What do you mean, Alfie still is at a level that would make an impact on the Leafs and he would be a great mentor. I say that Jake Gardiner+ going back the sens way would benefit both sides.

Kyle93 04-30-2013 10:02 PM

No thanks, also what's with your problem with the leafs? You always seem to start up threads about them, usually negative.

yakfish 04-30-2013 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoachBadkitten (Post 64989343)
Nice to know Toronto doesn't welcome very skilled, wingers who would help their team tremendously.

He has been a career rival to the Leafs. When the Leafs play the Sens he gets boo'ed anytime he touches the puck (regardless of venue! LOL). He won't be that productive if he plays at all next season. He is less than a half PPG winger (at this point of his career). He has excellent experience and would most like be a great mentor for young players but not much of an asset beyond that. I wouldn't be willing to give up much for him especially since you would be trading within the division to a hated rival.

hlaverty06 04-30-2013 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle93 (Post 64989777)
No thanks, also what's with your problem with the leafs? You always seem to start up threads about them, usually negative.

They're my second favorite team, sorry if it came across that way. Not sure how adding a top 6 winger is negative

EscapeGoat 04-30-2013 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoulAssassin (Post 64989529)
Alfredsson would make the Leafs a legit contender. Starts with Morgan if you ask me...

Morgan who? Certainly not Morgan Rielly.

Avs44 04-30-2013 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle93 (Post 64989777)

How is this a negative thread :shakehead

Kyle93 04-30-2013 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hlaverty06 (Post 64989899)
They're my second favorite team, sorry if it came across that way. Not sure how adding a top 6 winger is negative

Alright fair enough, the picks and pieces to acquire him for a couple years of what he has left isn't worth it IMO.

TSA0402 04-30-2013 10:06 PM

1) Alfredsson is not being traded.

2) No way in hell Alfredsson is going to Toronto.

Water Knight 04-30-2013 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yakfish (Post 64989841)
He has been a career rival to the Leafs. When the Leafs play the Sens he gets boo'ed anytime he touches the puck (regardless of venue! LOL). He won't be that productive if he plays at all next season. He is less than a half PPG winger (at this point of his career). He has excellent experience and would most like be a great mentor for young players but not much of an asset beyond that. I wouldn't be willing to give up much for him especially since you would be trading within the division to a hated rival.

Good point. However, do you think he would be booed / disliked past a the first couple of games or do the leafs fans dislike him enough to make his time there uncomfortable for an extended period of time. I'm not really up on the entire Leafs vs Sens rivalry.

Ace88* 04-30-2013 10:07 PM

Toronto wants absolutely no part of Alfredsson. He could be the prime 90 pt guy he once was and we still dont want him. It's a fundamentally deep rooted thing you see.

EscapeGoat 04-30-2013 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VoicexOfxReason (Post 64990089)
Toronto wants absolutely no part of Alfredsson. He could be the prime 90 pt guy he once was and we still dont want him. It's a fundamentally deep rooted thing you see.

Don't be silly. Alfredsson in his prime would be coveted by any team including the Leafs. However Alfie has lost a step and isn't close to that player anymore. Leafs shouldn't and wouldn't have to give up that much for him. Certainly not any top prospects.

Ace88* 04-30-2013 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EscapeGoat (Post 64990333)
Don't be silly. Alfredsson in his prime would be coveted by any team including the Leafs. However Alfie has lost a step and isn't close to that player anymore. Leafs shouldn't and wouldn't have to give up that much for him. Certainly not any top prospects.

Nope. Leafs dont want that big nosed clown anywhere near our team, not then, not now, not never.

LarKing 04-30-2013 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Produce Man (Post 64989357)

http://blueshirtcentral.blogspot.ca/...nd-league.html - While poorly written, I agree with this person's assessment of Gardiner, and it still stands today, and he is worth more than Alife.

Water Knight 04-30-2013 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VoicexOfxReason (Post 64990551)
Nope. Leafs dont want that big nosed clown anywhere near our team, not then, not now, not never.

Even if you managed to get him cheaply? Why not?

EscapeGoat 04-30-2013 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VoicexOfxReason (Post 64990551)

Maybe you don't. Everyone else would love a prime Daniel Alfredsson. :laugh:

Ace88* 04-30-2013 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Water Knight (Post 64990793)
Even if you managed to get him cheaply? Why not?

Its the principle of it. He captained a team we despise. Dont want.

KesselLooksLikeRadar* 04-30-2013 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Water Knight (Post 64989609)
What do you mean, Alfie still is at a level that would make an impact on the Leafs and he would be a great mentor. I say that Jake Gardiner+ going back the sens way would benefit both sides.

Impact the Leafs? Maybe. In a vacuum, maybe. Is he worth Gardiner+????? Uhmm, I will save my breathe and say "No".