HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   The Carey Price Discussion Thread (Part 3) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1417375)

the 05-01-2013 10:52 AM

The Carey Price Discussion Thread (Part 3)

Quick had a amazing game yesterday, he really gave L.A a winning chance yesterday. Hopefully Price will have a similar performance.

hototogisu 05-01-2013 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the (Post 65023507)
Quick had a amazing game yesterday, he really gave L.A a winning chance yesterday. Hopefully Price will have a similar performance.

Similar, but not identical. :nod:

Price wouldn't even be alive to start game 2 in this city if he made the blunder that Quick did.

Lars Mon Amour 05-01-2013 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hototogisu (Post 65023633)

Price wouldn't even be alive to start game 2 in this city if he made the blunder that Quick did.

People would still be outside trying to find his house. :laugh:
Anyways, I remember Price did something almost identical to what Quick did yesterday. It was in the 2011 playoffs. Game 3 vs. the Bruins?

hockeyfan2k11 05-01-2013 11:14 AM

Quote:

Right...after winning a cup and a Conn Smythe he would have been chased out of town for that blunder (which Price has made before but not in the playoffs). :shakehead

WeThreeKings 05-01-2013 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 (Post 65024441)
Right...after winning a cup and a Conn Smythe he would have been chased out of town for that blunder (which Price has made before but not in the playoffs). :shakehead

uiCk 05-01-2013 11:24 AM

lol nice one WTK

is one of the first games i remember watching actually, 1 year after immigrated here.

Agnostic 05-01-2013 12:25 PM

Quote:

Not really . Price made that blunder in 2011 playoffs but few remember it .

hockeyfan2k11 05-01-2013 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeThreeKings (Post 65024769)

If you think the fans had anything to do with chasing him out of town then you are not worth talking to. Roy HATED the coach. The coach wanted to treat Roy like the rest of the players...hence he left him in the game for all 11 goals.

Keep comparing Price to Roy. I get a :laugh: every time I read it.

hockeyfan2k11 05-01-2013 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agnostic (Post 65027481)
Not really . Price made that blunder in 2011 playoffs but few remember it .

I do...but hey...Price is the victim here so why remember such things?

Mats86 05-01-2013 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeThreeKings (Post 65024769)

Rift between Roy and Tremblay why he wanted out. Didn't you read Roy's book?

Lafleurs Guy 05-01-2013 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 (Post 65030499)
If you think the fans had anything to do with chasing him out of town then you are not worth talking to. Roy HATED the coach. The coach wanted to treat Roy like the rest of the players...hence he left him in the game for all 11 goals.

There's absolutely no doubt that the fans played a huge role here. If they don't egg him on he doesn't explode the way he did.

Yeah, he hated the coach and there's no doubt that Tremblay (and Corey and Roy himself) was an idiot here. But when the fans got on Roy that's when he really got upset. You saw the hands go up with the mock cheer.

I don't see how you can say that the fans played no part in what happened here.
Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 (Post 65030499)
Keep comparing Price to Roy. I get a :laugh: every time I read it.

You have to be fairly dense not to see that folks are comparing how the fans have treated previous goalies and not the goalies themselves.

hockeyfan2k11 05-01-2013 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy (Post 65034513)
There's absolutely no doubt that the fans played a huge role here. If they don't egg him on he doesn't explode the way he did.

Yeah, he hated the coach and there's no doubt that Tremblay (and Corey and Roy himself) was an idiot here. But when the fans got on Roy that's when he really got upset. You saw the hands go up with the mock cheer.

I don't see how you can say that the fans played no part in what happened here.

So you think if the fans didn't jeer him after that game, he wouldn't have left? How old were you during that time? He HATED Tremblay. They had all kinds of problems. That game was the tip of the iceberg because TREMBLAY embarrassed Roy by leaving him in. It wasn't the fans. It was the dumb coach and management that chased him out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy (Post 65034513)
You have to be fairly dense not to see that folks are comparing how the fans have treated previous goalies and not the goalies themselves.

that's not the only comparison, btw. You must be fairly dense to not even see the Roy comparisons in virtually every knock on Price. "But Roy lost games in 93". "Even Roy had screw ups". It's silly.

Just as silly as you calling Price's season before the last 5 or so games "vezina-like". :laugh:

Lafleurs Guy 05-01-2013 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 (Post 65036053)
So you think if the fans didn't jeer him after that game, he wouldn't have left? How old were you during that time? He HATED Tremblay. They had all kinds of problems. That game was the tip of the iceberg because TREMBLAY embarrassed Roy by leaving him in. It wasn't the fans. It was the dumb coach and management that chased him out.

I remember it clearly and watched it live. I was absolutely disgusted by the way the fans treated Roy.

And no, I don't think he would've left. I think that the situation came to a head and Roy exploded. I think that the management we had in place wasn't mature enough to be able to bring everyone back to the table and let cooler heads prevail.

Do you seriously think this was a premeditated decision? Of course it wasn't. It was an emotional response to a coach leaving him in and having the fans embarrass him with taunts and mock cheers.

How old were you man? You think he sat back that night and said... "Geez, tonight I'll let in nine goals and then bolt from the team because I hate my coach" - get real man. There's no way that it gets that bad if his own fans aren't sitting there jeering him the way they did. Tremblay provided the fuse and the fans lit the match.
Quote:

that's not the only comparison, btw. You must be fairly dense to not even see the Roy comparisons in virtually every knock on Price. "But Roy lost games in 93". "Even Roy had screw ups". It's silly.

Please find me a post anywhere where anyone is saying that Price is as good as Roy. You're being stupid here. Nobody is saying he's Roy or Dryden. Stop with the ridiculous strawman crap.

The point those folks are making is that Roy (as great as he was) was run out of town. Tons of folks thought he was a one hit wonder after 86 and most wanted him dealt before than '93 cup win. There was ALWAYS doubt with him on the part of the fans. Tons of folks thought Hayward was the better goalie - think about it. Brian Freaking Hayward... just like right now some folks are calling for Budaj. Our fans are full retard sometimes.

If Roy can't get the fans on his side what chance does any goalie have? The fans in Montreal are freaking crazy when it comes to netminders.
Quote:

Just as silly as you calling Price's season before the last 5 or so games "vezina-like". :laugh:

Take it up with the coaches who saw it that way. Take it up with the players who see him as being one of the hardest goalies to score against... Tons of analysts out there has said he was in the Vezina discussion before his tank job. I don't think he would've won (how the hell could anyone but Bobrovski win) but he would've been nominated. I'm not sure if the coaches vote but a hell of a lot of analysts have shared the opinion.

sandysan 05-01-2013 03:25 PM

Quote:

I wonder how many people in La are clamoring for Bernier in nets for game 2.

Mats86 05-01-2013 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy (Post 65036897)
I remember it clearly and watched it live. I was absolutely disgusted by the way the fans treated Roy.

And no, I don't think he would've left. I think that the situation came to a head and Roy exploded. I think that the management we had in place wasn't mature enough to be able to bring everyone back to the table and let cooler heads prevail.

Do you seriously think this was a premeditated decision? Of course it wasn't. It was an emotional response to a coach leaving him in and having the fans embarrass him with taunts and mock cheers.

How old were you man? You think he sat back that night and said... "Geez, tonight I'll let in nine goals and then bolt from the team because I hate my coach" - get real man. There's no way that it gets that bad if his own fans aren't sitting there jeering him the way they did. Tremblay provided the fuse and the fans lit the match.

Please find me a post anywhere where anyone is saying that Price is as good as Roy. You're being stupid here. Nobody is saying he's Roy or Dryden. Stop with the ridiculous strawman crap.

The point those folks are making is that Roy (as great as he was) was run out of town. Tons of folks thought he was a one hit wonder after 86 and most wanted him dealt before than '93 cup win. There was ALWAYS doubt with him on the part of the fans. Tons of folks thought Hayward was the better goalie - think about it. Brian Freaking Hayward... just like right now some folks are calling for Budaj. Our fans are full retard sometimes.

If Roy can't get the fans on his side what chance does any goalie have? The fans in Montreal are freaking crazy when it comes to netminders.

Take it up with the coaches who saw it that way. Take it up with the players who see him as being one of the hardest goalies to score against... Tons of analysts out there has said he was in the Vezina discussion before his tank job. I don't think he would've won (how the hell could anyone but Bobrovski win) but he would've been nominated. I'm not sure if the coaches vote but a hell of a lot of analysts have shared the opinion.

Why respond if you do not know what you are talking about? Roy left because of feud with Tremblay. Says so in Roy's book, "Winning...Nothing Else". It almost broke Roy's spirit to leave Montreal he did not want to go but knew him and Tremblay could not co-exist together. Book goes in great detail of feud between Patrick and Mario. Roy burst out laughing at something Tremblay said. Then when introduced as head coach in dressing room Tremblay refused to shake Roy's extended hand. Roy liked to relax and concernrate before games in clinic as dressing room was to noisy. Tremblay peeled him out and posted signs saying only injured players allowed in clinic. Tremblay picked on him continously. Game before Detriot game he peeled Roy out in front of Pierre Turgeon for having beer in his room. This was against club policy but Roy did not frequent the strip clubs like other players. Educate yourself on topics before flying off on a tangent.

Lafleurs Guy 05-01-2013 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mats86 (Post 65041723)
Why respond if you do not know what you are talking about? Roy left because of feud with Tremblay. Says so in Roy's book, "Winning...Nothing Else". It almost broke Roy's spirit to leave Montreal he did not want to go but knew him and Tremblay could not co-exist together. Book goes in great detail of feud between Patrick and Mario. Roy burst out laughing at something Tremblay said. Then when introduced as head coach in dressing room Tremblay refused to shake Roy's extended hand. Roy liked to relax and concernrate before games in clinic as dressing room was to noisy. Tremblay peeled him out and posted signs saying only injured players allowed in clinic. Tremblay picked on him continously. Game before Detriot game he peeled Roy out in front of Pierre Turgeon for having beer in his room. This was against club policy but Roy did not frequent the strip clubs like other players. Educate yourself on topics before flying off on a tangent.

Dude, everyone knows there was a rift between them... (we knew it back before the blowup) and if you had to read a book to learn this then I don't know what to tell you.

This was not a premeditated action. The whole thing had been festering for a while and Roy blew his stack when he was left in net and the fans jeered him. He went back to the bench and was furious. He was apologetic afterwards but like I said, mgmt. wasn't mature enough to patch things up and Corey was all about appearances no matter what.

The whole thing blew up during that game and yes, the fans had a lot to do with it. Once he lost his mind, that was it. And Corey wasn't mature enough to let things blow over and patch things up between Tremblay and Roy. Inexperienced coach and GM and moron for a President combined with a hothead and fans that were acting like idiots. That's what ****ing happened dude.

So please don't sit there and try to tell us about a book you read and try to tell us about things that you obviously weren't around to know anything about.

hockeyfan2k11 05-01-2013 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mats86 (Post 65041723)

Pretty much this. I mean...this is common knowledge...yet Lafleur calls me dense. LOL.

Lafleurs Guy 05-01-2013 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 (Post 65048347)
Pretty much this. I mean...this is common knowledge...yet Lafleur calls me dense. LOL.

Yes. Very dense...

hockeyfan2k11 05-01-2013 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy (Post 65049031)
Yes. Very dense...

Keep trying to rewrite history....champ! :laugh::laugh:

Whitesnake 05-01-2013 07:12 PM

At one point, in Montreal, chances are we will have to build a team so strong that goalies might become not as important. A great team with a Jeff Hackett in net might just be what the doctor ordered. Totally low profile....not amongst the highest paid players on the team but still gets the job done. Yes, Halak was a hero.....but imagine if he started to underperform...as hero he was, he would also have become a zero in due time.

At one point, I do believe that a goalie like Craig Anderson would have been perfect for this market. We love to "kill" our goalies here... and ressuscitate them to kill them again. Probably a little tougher to do so when you actually have no fun doing it. Seems fun to do it to Price. Was surely fun to do it to Theodore....to Thibault. To Roy. Nobody cares about Hackett. People didn't care too much about Huet as well. And then, you also have to accept that even if they are low profile, at one point, they will be interchangeable at some point. A long term relationship with a goalie...not sure I'll see that soon.....Price will need some luck and some hard work to convince me he has a future EVEN if he's just good. Everything and everybody told us he'd be extraordinairy. People will only be accepting this from now on. Let's hope I'm wrong.

habsfanatics 05-01-2013 07:15 PM

I don't think the fans played much of a role in Roy's departure.

Lafleurs Guy 05-01-2013 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whitesnake (Post 65053943)
At one point, in Montreal, chances are we will have to build a team so strong that goalies might become not as important. A great team with a Jeff Hackett in net might just be what the doctor ordered. Totally low profile....not amongst the highest paid players on the team but still gets the job done. Yes, Halak was a hero.....but imagine if he started to underperform...as hero he was, he would also have become a zero in due time.

At one point, I do believe that a goalie like Craig Anderson would have been perfect for this market. We love to "kill" our goalies here... and ressuscitate them to kill them again. Probably a little tougher to do so when you actually have no fun doing it. Seems fun to do it to Price. Was surely fun to do it to Theodore....to Thibault. To Roy. Nobody cares about Hackett. People didn't care too much about Huet as well. And then, you also have to accept that even if they are low profile, at one point, they will be interchangeable at some point. A long term relationship with a goalie...not sure I'll see that soon.....Price will need some luck and some hard work to convince me he has a future EVEN if he's just good. Everything and everybody told us he'd be extraordinairy. People will only be accepting this from now on. Let's hope I'm wrong.

Once you build a contender, I think that goalie is going to come under the microscope no matter what. It's worse for Price because the team is built around him and PK.

And the downside of going with a Hackett type guy is that you could wind up in a situation like Philly's or Toronto's where they've been searching for years.

habsfanatics 05-01-2013 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy (Post 65054771)
Once you build a contender, I think that goalie is going to come under the microscope no matter what. It's worse for Price because the team is built around him and PK.

And the downside of going with a Hackett type guy is that you could wind up in a situation like Philly's or Toronto's where they've been searching for years.

Philly would have been better to abort their search and continue to do what made them successful

hockeyfan2k11 05-01-2013 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by habsfanatics (Post 65054253)
I don't think the fans played much of a role in Roy's departure.

Well then..according to Lafleur, you're dense too. The fans didn't play a role. Some posters are so far up Price's ass, they'll make up all kinds of crap to defend him.

Whitesnake 05-01-2013 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy (Post 65054771)

But Hackett was way more valuable than anything the Leafs and Philly had.