HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Draft Day Trades (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1417479)

Georgia Panther 05-01-2013 01:26 PM

Draft Day Trades

Florida trades Bjugstad to Van for Luongo and Markstrom plus to Tampa for the third overall. With the second and third overall selections the Panthers take MacKinnon and Drouin uniting them in Florida in 2013/14 with Luongo returning as their goalie. Ducks :loony:

Djp 05-01-2013 01:32 PM

You think you could get Tampa Bays #3 for Markstrom :rolleyes:

2 Weekes Notice 05-01-2013 01:34 PM

Well, good thing your plan for the future doesn't involve Huberdeau, given that he'd probably have to be the "plus" to get Tampa's 1st with Markstrom.

Woof.

Prongo 05-01-2013 01:34 PM

Tampa would then have Markstrom, Lindback, and Bishop. Dont think that is happening. I think if Florida was willing to trade Bjugstad for Luongo, he would be in Florida by now.

veedubn1 05-01-2013 01:35 PM

Luongo couldn't get Bozak plus two 2nd round picks at the TDL and you think he can get an awesome prospect during the summer?

EL OH EL

Georgia Panther 05-01-2013 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Djp (Post 65031105)
You think you could get Tampa Bays #3 for Markstrom :rolleyes:

Markstrom, Kulikov and Fla's second rounder, which is the first in the second round for the third overall.

couture23 05-01-2013 01:40 PM

Dude...no.

Beezeral 05-01-2013 01:41 PM

Abort thread

Pantherfan12 05-01-2013 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Georgia Panther (Post 65030733)
Florida trades Bjugstad to Van for Luongo and Markstrom plus to Tampa for the third overall. With the second and third overall selections the Panthers take MacKinnon and Drouin uniting them in Florida in 2013/14 with Luongo returning as their goalie. Ducks :loony:

What? You can't be serious? You want to trade a 6'6 center who projected to be a 1/2 center ( which weve never had)for Luongo AND THEN you want to trade Markstrom, the franchise goalie who's beaten out all of Lunquists accomplishments until the NHL, to Tampa, a cross state rival. PLUS more for the 3rd overall pick???

veedubn1 05-01-2013 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Georgia Panther (Post 65031337)
Markstrom, Kulikov and Fla's second rounder, which is the first in the second round for the third overall.

Still doesn't explain why the Panthers trade for a 34 year old goalie while at the same time drafting two teenagers in the top 3.

Just admit you didn't think this proposal through.

Vankiller Whale 05-01-2013 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pantherfan12 (Post 65031611)
What? You can't be serious? You want to trade a 6'6 center who projected to be a 1/2 center ( which weve never had)for Luongo AND THEN you want to trade Markstrom, the franchise goalie who's beaten out all of Lunquists accomplishments until the NHL, to Tampa, a cross state rival. PLUS more for the 3rd overall pick???

Key point here, I think.

No way Markstrom gets you anywhere near the 3rd overall, especially with the way he's been playing this year.

EDIT: Although Kulikov would definitely make Tampa think about it, I would wager.

YP44 05-01-2013 01:44 PM

Quote:

It is closer but there is no need for Markstom in Tampa. The way Bishop finished the season why would they do this.

Jacko95 05-01-2013 01:49 PM

And somebody is always able to make a worser offer than the previous worst offer of all time.

why the hell should Tampa trade for a young goalie when they have Bishop, Lindbäck, Janus AND Vasilevski, let alone give up the 3rd overall for an unproven goaltender.

And why should Florida trade Markström away just to give up another high-end talent to get a bad contract of an aging goalie?

Georgia Panther 05-01-2013 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by veedubn1 (Post 65031733)
Still doesn't explain why the Panthers trade for a 34 year old goalie while at the same time drafting two teenagers in the top 3.

Just admit you didn't think this proposal through.

Madness I agree. I let my desire to add Luongo, a funny guy, and unite MacKinnon and Drouin in Fla get the best of me.

Howboutthempanthers 05-01-2013 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Georgia Panther (Post 65030733)

I'd rather have MacKinnon, Bjugstad and Markstrom, than MacKinnon, Drouin and Luongo. And I'm nowhere near as sold on Drouin as most people are. And I flat out don't want Luongo. So you know I don't want to give up Bjugstad for him.

veedubn1 05-01-2013 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Georgia Panther (Post 65032195)
Madness I agree. I let my desire to add Luongo, a funny guy, and unite MacKinnon and Drouin in Fla get the best of me.

It's admirable of you to admit that. :yo:

Howboutthempanthers 05-01-2013 01:56 PM

Quote:

Dude, no. You want to give up Markstrom, Kulikov and a high second rounder just for Drouin?

Pantherfan12 05-01-2013 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale (Post 65031753)
Key point here, I think.

No way Markstrom gets you anywhere near the 3rd overall, especially with the way he's been playing this year.

EDIT: Although Kulikov would definitely make Tampa think about it, I would wager.

What? This was Markstrom' 1st year with the team and it wasn't a full year. Not to mention he was playing behind a team that had tons of holes due to injuries with revolving players who were always rotated. If you put Markstrom behind a team like Chicago,Boston, or Pitt, I think this season goes differently.
No way you trade a 1st rounder in Bjugstad, early 2nd in Markstrom and then some for Druin and Luongo. While I like Luongo, he's 34 with a giant contract and Druin is unproven up until this point. You could say the same regarding Marky,Bjugstad and Mac, but Marky does look like hell be a top goalie in the league and he's huge. Bjugstad looked good in his first stint, although a bit premature considering he went from college to NHL. I think we're giving up wayyyyyyy to much for that pick. Just stay the coarse.

Beezeral 05-01-2013 02:40 PM

yea Id much rather have the current team + Mackinnon, then start blowing things up just to have a top line of Huberdeau-Mackinnon-Drouin.

This is while completely disregarding the luongo stuff

Vankiller Whale 05-01-2013 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pantherfan12 (Post 65033665)
What? This was Markstrom' 1st year with the team and it wasn't a full year. Not to mention he was playing behind a team that had tons of holes due to injuries with revolving players who were always rotated. If you put Markstrom behind a team like Chicago,Boston, or Pitt, I think this season goes differently.
No way you trade a 1st rounder in Bjugstad, early 2nd in Markstrom and then some for Druin and Luongo. While I like Luongo, he's 34 with a giant contract and Druin is unproven up until this point. You could say the same regarding Marky,Bjugstad and Mac, but Marky does look like hell be a top goalie in the league and he's huge. Bjugstad looked good in his first stint, although a bit premature considering he went from college to NHL. I think we're giving up wayyyyyyy to much for that pick. Just stay the coarse.

I never said Florida should trade for Luongo, or the other trade. I'm only saying that Drouin >>> Markstrom in terms of value. Markstrom has a boatload of potential, but he's a much bigger risk to reaching it than Drouin, imo.

Djp 05-01-2013 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale (Post 65036391)
I never said Florida should trade for Luongo, or the other trade. I'm only saying that Drouin >>> Markstrom in terms of value. Markstrom has a boatload of potential, but he's a much bigger risk to reaching it than Drouin, imo.

you dont trade a top 5 pick for an unproven goalie...dont care how good his potential is.

Pantherfan12 05-01-2013 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Djp (Post 65038967)
you dont trade a top 5 pick for an unproven goalie...dont care how good his potential is.

You don't trade a proven( although very limited) goalie for an unproven draft pick,regardless of rank. Whether Drouin becomes the next Kane or not, and he very well may be, IF we trade Marky, were left with Clemmer and Theo, a goalie who's aging and another who's subpar. We would have no one in the system and have to worry about goaltending. Markstrom has shown signs of being a talent in the league and id like to wait him out. Heck, look at Luongo. He was traded to us for not much because NYI had Dipietro and didn't think much of Luongo and look at what happened. We need a solid goaltender who will grow with the team.

supert 05-01-2013 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Howboutthempanthers (Post 65032239)
I'd rather have MacKinnon, Bjugstad and Markstrom, than MacKinnon, Drouin and Luongo. And I'm nowhere near as sold on Drouin as most people are. And I flat out don't want Luongo. So you know I don't want to give up Bjugstad for him.

I am an Oiler fan living in Halifax NS and i watch the mooseheads lots . Drouin is not going to be a star in the NHL . He maybe come a very good player ,but no where near Yakupov,s upside

kihei 05-02-2013 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by veedubn1 (Post 65031233)
Luongo couldn't get Bozak plus two 2nd round picks at the TDL and you think he can get an awesome prospect during the summer?

EL OH EL

Just to keep the record straight. That would be Scrivens and two 2nd round picks, not Bozak.

oStealthKiller 05-02-2013 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kihei (Post 65085083)
Just to keep the record straight. That would be Scrivens and two 2nd round picks, not Bozak.

Even worse! Haha yeah the canucks will be lucky to geta b prospect and a second now