HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Edmonton Oilers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   How much $$$ did that Vancouver game cost Katz? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1417491)

Mowzie 05-01-2013 01:39 PM

How much $$$ did that Vancouver game cost Katz?
 
Apperantly Eberle, J. Schultz, Hall and Yakupov all reached substantial bonuses on the last game of the year. I was wondering what the dollar amounts were?

PumpkinBomb 05-01-2013 01:47 PM

spelled out here: http://www.capgeek.com/faq/how-do-en...racts-work.php

T-Funk 05-01-2013 01:59 PM

Isn't that chart missing some stuff? I was hearing about Hall making some huge sum due to being top 10 in points.

Anyways looks like Schultz made at least $425,000 on that last game (PPG and Assists>25)

oiLowe 05-01-2013 01:59 PM

I was wondering why they were celebrating so much on Schultz goal.

Worries me a bit how over the moon these kids were during that game after the failed season.

SephF 05-01-2013 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-Funk (Post 65032647)
Isn't that chart missing some stuff? I was hearing about Hall making some huge sum due to being top 10 in points.

Anyways looks like Schultz made at least $425,000 on that last game (PPG and Assists>25)

Pretty sure Hall got 2.85 million (full bonuses)

Da McBomb 05-01-2013 02:10 PM

If they cared that much about bonuses, maybe we should put in bonuses for making the playoffs.. then maybe we could finally get somewhere lol

Niet 05-01-2013 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oiLowe (Post 65032657)
I was wondering why they were celebrating so much on Schultz goal.

Worries me a bit how over the moon these kids were during that game after the failed season.

If you just doubled up you'd be over the moon failed season or not

Toydarian 05-01-2013 02:16 PM

Not suggesting that people are, but if there is concern with Oilers players achieving their bonuses there is something wrong.

oilfaninvan 05-01-2013 02:18 PM

This team only gets excited about 2 things: money and pizza.

MisterD 05-01-2013 02:18 PM

I can tell you I'd be thrilled as well to be reaching some big bonuses.

Da McBomb 05-01-2013 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oilfaninvan (Post 65033561)
This team only gets excited about 2 things: money and pizza.

and golfing in late April

plikestechno 05-01-2013 02:20 PM

At least it's money paid out for star quality production. It should be like movies, the stars should get paid the bulk of the money and everyone else shouldn't be working for much more than scale.

The middle/mediocre class of the NHL makes so much money and their production seems so volatile year to year depending on the player.

Don't like it? Become a star then. I have no problem with these guys getting paid as much as possible, this is the business Katz has chosen. It's our bottom 6 and marginal guys that really let this team down this year.

Slats432 05-01-2013 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toydarian (Post 65033497)
Not suggesting that people are, but if there is concern with Oilers players achieving their bonuses there is something wrong.

There is concern that individuals excited about monetary success rather than team success. Good for them they hit them, but that intensity sure could have been used at many other points in the season.

T-Funk 05-01-2013 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SephF (Post 65033125)
Pretty sure Hall got 2.85 million (full bonuses)

For what though?

Under Schedule A, Hall might get the full 850k from ice time, PPG, +/-, and a possible all-star selection if they select that for the purpose of bonuses this year. Otherwise he would make only 637k unless they prorate the cutoff for G, A, P.

But under Schedule B, Hall would be getting nothing.

Ragss 05-01-2013 02:41 PM

Well I'm slightly concerned now....I noticed during the game that J Schultz's goal was the happiest and most excited I've seen the guy as an Oiler.

But...I guess we got him because of that attitude anyways.

Fourier 05-01-2013 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-Funk (Post 65034015)
For what though?

Under Schedule A, Hall might get the full 850k from ice time, PPG, +/-, and a possible all-star selection if they select that for the purpose of bonuses this year. Otherwise he would make only 637k unless they prorate the cutoff for G, A, P.

But under Schedule B, Hall would be getting nothing.

I actually agree with your post.

He probably did get the full schedule A bonus, but at this point there is no way to know if he hit any schedule B bonuses. It is doubtful that he is top 5 for the Hart, so really all that leaves is first or scond all-star team.

OV is pretty much a lock for the first team LW so it is not looking so good for Hall to hit any schedule B bonuses.

Yakupov could be the big winner as he has a very good shot at top three for the Calder based on his 3 goals in the last game. If so he gets $100K for sure but probably more.

Schultz and Eberle would not get any schedule B bonuses. I am not sure if the last game made a difference on the schedule A side either. So really they did not earn all that much additional money with the last little spurt.

CorpseFX 05-01-2013 02:48 PM

very interesting. glad this got brought to attention.

Fourier 05-01-2013 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slats432 (Post 65033757)
There is concern that individuals excited about monetary success rather than team success. Good for them they hit them, but that intensity sure could have been used at many other points in the season.

Hall and Yakupov were probably two of the players who did bring the intensity in the last stretch. And I doubt what you saw had much to do with earning bonuses. In fact as I suggested above it is probably the case that the only player who earned any additional bonuses from the last two games was Yakupov.

Fourier 05-01-2013 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CorpseFX (Post 65035203)
very interesting. glad this got brought to attention.

I'd be curious to know what it is that you are refering to that may have been brought to our attention.

T-Funk 05-01-2013 02:50 PM

That was only his third goal in the last 30 games too. I think it was partially money, but I do also hope they were pumped that they could finish off the season with a home win for the fans after 6 straight games without. Plus these guys love scoring goals, and they matched their goal total in the last 6 games in one game versus Vancouver.

Fourier: I'm pretty sure Schultz only got over the assist minimum (25) and point per game minimum(0.49) in that final game. Looks like he makes 637K in bonuses but before that game he was only getting 212k

Respect Your Edler 05-01-2013 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragss (Post 65034855)
Well I'm slightly concerned now....I noticed during the game that J Schultz's goal was the happiest and most excited I've seen the guy as an Oiler.

But...I guess we got him because of that attitude anyways.

He was working towards that bonus the whole season and he finally got it in the last game. He's a young guy on his first contract too, so that money means a lot to him. I don't blame the guy, everyone likes to get paid.

CorpseFX 05-01-2013 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fourier (Post 65035309)
I'd be curious to know what it is that you are refering to that may have been brought to our attention.

player intent and how frowny these little boys would have been if they took a dump in those final two games. we've already seen little boys like Gagner, in the past, contact EA Sports for making his statistical attributes in a video game less than desirable. poor poopy diaper.

i have no problem with the monetary bonus. i have a problem with intent and immaturity on a hockey team of flunkies who play soft and can barely make tape to tape plays consistently. but then are all boners and butt pats when they hit a bonus for each other.

we wont know for sure but its more than curious.

AlowlyMcOilersfan 05-01-2013 02:56 PM

So, when did Shultz say, "Man, I was happy to get my bonus. I'm going to go buy my jet now"?

OilerTyler 05-01-2013 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragss (Post 65034855)
Well I'm slightly concerned now....I noticed during the game that J Schultz's goal was the happiest and most excited I've seen the guy as an Oiler.

But...I guess we got him because of that attitude anyways.

Maybe he was just excited because he scored a go-ahead goal late in the third period at home against his home town team which happens to be one of the Oilers biggest rivals and a team he snubbed in the last off-season to come here?

Jepprey 05-01-2013 03:14 PM

I like money too.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:33 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.