HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Mock Drafts (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   english stars fan's 2013 mock v1.0 (first 14) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1418225)

English stars fan 05-02-2013 10:04 AM

english stars fan's 2013 mock v1.0 (first 14)

Hi all, this is my first mock draft for this year. Feedback and constructive criticism is welcome!

:avs - D Seth Jones. Avs take the hometown boy they hope will be EJ's partner for years to come.

:panthers - C Nathan MacKinnon. Florida takes the BPA allowing Huberdeau to make the move back to wing. Will form a deadly pairing in the SE for years.

:bolts - LW/C Jonathan Drouin. Tampa takes the BPA and finds an instant replacement for when St. Louis hangs up his skates.

:nashville - C Sasha Barkov. The preds use a rare trip to the top of the draft to acquire one of the highest ceiling forward prospects for years. The elite forward talent they really need.

:canes - C Sean Monahan. The Canes take the very solid, capable centerman who gives them crazy depth down the middle.

:flames - C Elias Lindholm. Without much depth in their prospect pool the Flames take a guy they hope will form a deadly duo with Baertschi.

:edmonton - LW Valeri Nichushkin. Looking to get bigger up front and help on the back end it's a tough call for the Oilers. The prospect of Nichushkin making room for their skill forwards is too much to pass on though.

:sabres - D Darnell Nurse. With the hope of getting tougher on the backend the Sabres draft the big, bruising Dman from the O.

:devils - LW/C Hunter Shinkaruk. Lacking high-end talent in the forward group, the Devils take one of the biggest offensive forces in the draft.

:stars- D Rasmus Ristolainen. Though not a position of need, the Stars are more than happy to add the mobile Finnish puck-mover to their growing ranks of D-prospects.

:flyers - D Nikita Zadorov. A team looking for defensive help, the Flyers take Zadorov rather than drafting out of the W. The bulky but very intelligent Zadorov could prove to be a long-term fixture on their blueline.

:coyotes - C Curtis Lazar. Looking for offensive help, the desert dogs take Lazar, a very solid centre prospect from Edmonton.

:jets - C/LW Max Domi. Though not known for taking small players early, the Jets see incredible offensive potential and great compete level in Domi.

:cbj - C Alex Wennberg. Looking for someone with high-level playmaking skill, the BJ's take this very quick, slippery, smooth-skating center who also makes his linemates look better as well.

TheJuxtaposer 05-02-2013 03:33 PM

Wow, this is extremely good. Wouldn't be surprised if it played out just like this.

Patmac40 05-02-2013 04:01 PM

Pretty much how I see it going. Looks good.

BarDownBobo 05-02-2013 04:28 PM

Worst case scenario for Edm missing on both Lindholm and Monahan, but it is very solid and I could totally see this happening.

ZeroPT 05-07-2013 09:10 AM

I dont like nurse at 8, however I do think that the winnipeg,Pheonix and flames picks are perfect

Vankiller Whale 05-07-2013 09:59 AM

Solid mock. Only thing I'd change is Nurse/Nichushkin.

I don't think the Oilers will take another forward with a top-10 pick this year.