HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Value of: Sean Couturier to Edm (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1418255)

BowDangles 05-02-2013 12:01 PM

Sean Couturier to Edm

Think a deal can be done centred around 7th overall + prospect/pick for Sean?

Philli can use the pick to draft a defence man that they need.

Jack de la Hoya 05-02-2013 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BowDangles (Post 65100107)
Think a deal can be done centred around 7th overall + prospect/pick for Sean?

Philli can use the pick to draft a defence man that they need.

Honestly, not really interested in moving Couturier for a draft pick.

J. Schultz fits the Flyers needs perfectly, but would create a major hole for Edmonton.

EDIT: As I've said elsewhere, if Monahan and Lindholm are off the board and EDM wants Lazar, I think a pick swap makes sense. Oilers could pick up an extra picks(s) and still get their guy at 11. Flyers would get first (or maybe 2nd) choice among the second-tier defensemen.

Oberyn 05-02-2013 12:04 PM

I wouldn't do it if I was Edmonton and Nurse/Monahan are still on the board.

BowDangles 05-02-2013 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoofSlashFoig (Post 65100249)
I wouldn't do it if I was Edmonton and Nurse/Monahan are still on the board.

I can see them drafting Monahan but not nurse. They need a player to play next year. Even if nurse does play next year he will need to be severely sheltered and Edmonton does not have the D core to do that...

Trafalgar Law 05-02-2013 12:09 PM

Would rather just take Monahan/Lindholm, I feel those 2 have higher offensive ceilings.

Curufinwe 05-02-2013 12:10 PM

Nurse needs to play at least one more year in Junior. The Flyers should be fine with just the 11th pick. No need to trade Couturier to get the 7th pick as well.

Petro Points 05-02-2013 12:14 PM

Would it be easier to pry B.Schenn out of PHI than Couturier ? Not sure how PHI fans\management rate the 2 young Flyers.

Trading away J.Schultz right now would be impossible and will make any free agent think 10 times before signing with EDM.
N.Schultz is the most tradable Oiler D... Any interest in him?

<-- Petry to PHI could also make sense..

Akonite 05-02-2013 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BowDangles (Post 65100371)
I can see them drafting Monahan but not nurse. They need a player to play next year. Even if nurse does play next year he will need to be severely sheltered and Edmonton does not have the D core to do that...

From what I've seen/read about Monahan, he wouldn't be fully ready for the nhl next year either. Needs more time to season his offensive game in the CHL.

A player to play next year would be in the Barkov variety and that's not very likely.

Tripod 05-02-2013 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curufinwe (Post 65100477)
Nurse needs to play at least one more year in Junior. The Flyers should be fine with just the 11th pick. No need to trade Couturier to get the 7th pick as well.

If I was the Flyers, and I got offered the #7 + a 2nd for Couts + a 3rd...I would do that deal. Then try and draft 2 d-men...hopefully Nurse and Risto. That would go a long way to fixing the long term defensive issues for Philly. And then with the 2 early second rounders, hope that someone falls a bit or try and trade up to add another player.

PayItForward 05-02-2013 12:21 PM

I don't see the point. The only player that really fills a need for the Flyers would be Justin Schultz and that makes no sense for the Oilers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by magnoctophas (Post 65100423)
Would rather just take Monahan/Lindholm, I feel those 2 have higher offensive ceilings.

I'm one of the hardest Flyer fans on Couturier, but honestly, I don't see why Monahan has a higher ceiling than him. I won't comment on Lindholm since I haven't seen him enough, but IMO Monahan and Couturier have similar ceilings. People act like Couturier has the ceiling of some 40 point player, but IMO he can be a consistent 60 point player if put in the right situation.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Petro Points (Post 65100665)
Would it be easier to pry B.Schenn out of PHI than Couturier ? Not sure how PHI fans\management rate the 2 young Flyers.

Trading away J.Schultz right now would be impossible and will make any free agent think 10 times before signing with EDM.

Probably not with Luke Schenn being here.

Jack de la Hoya 05-02-2013 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Petro Points (Post 65100665)

The Schenn-Couturier debate will go on for a while, I'd guess, but the acquisition of Luke Schenn makes it very difficult to imagine the team trading Brayden.

I don't think the Oilers should deal J. Schultz either--but he's really the only piece that would makes sense for Couturier. Petry doesn't hold enough value--he might make sense in some other move, but not for Couturier. Klefbom is still a prospect.

N. Schultz doesn't really fit a need. As I've suggested elsewhere, the Flyers are sort of locked in with their six defensemen for next year, barring a trade:

Timonen-Schenn
Meszaros-Coburn
Grossmann-Gustafsson

Gustafsson has to be sent through waivers to go to the AHL, so I think that last spot is his to lose.

LEIFey 05-02-2013 12:32 PM

As has been stated several times, the Flyers would want someone like J. Schultz. The Oilers wouldn't make that deal. There's not much else to say.

Petro Points 05-02-2013 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Akonite (Post 65100845)
From what I've seen/read about Monahan, he wouldn't be fully ready for the nhl next year either. Needs more time to season his offensive game in the CHL.

A player to play next year would be in the Barkov variety and that's not very likely.

He is probably more NHL ready than most other top 10 picks... The has played 3 full CHL seasons already and should be ready for the next step..

PhillyCurt12 05-02-2013 12:40 PM

Would Klefbom be available?

Jray42 05-02-2013 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LEIFey (Post 65101433)
As has been stated several times, the Flyers would want someone like J. Schultz. The Oilers wouldn't make that deal. There's not much else to say.

Came in to say this. Schultz is the only piece that makes sense for philly, and, likewise,edm would never move him.

oilerbear 05-02-2013 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhillyCurt12 (Post 65101787)

He lead the SEL in +/- for Dmen @ the time of injury this year.
@19 years old.
MacT has him on the team in one of his presser's.

Jack de la Hoya 05-02-2013 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oilerbear (Post 65106907)
He lead the SEL in +/- for Dmen @ the time of injury this year.
@19 years old.
MacT has him on the team in one of his presser's.

...and this is why Couturier can't be dealt for a young PMD. No one is willing to give up anything of value for him.

I see only darkness 05-02-2013 03:04 PM

If Monahan and Lindholm are both gone (who I think may by close to Couts) I would try and move something for him.

Trafalgar Law 05-02-2013 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhillyCurt12 (Post 65101787)

For Couturier, yes as long as we don't have to add our 7th overall (or the obvious 5).

Klefbom+2014 1st for Couturier+2nd

Cootsfanclub 05-02-2013 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magnoctophas (Post 65109617)
For Couturier, yes as long as we don't have to add our 7th overall (or the obvious 5).

Klefbom+2014 1st for Couturier+2nd

Flyers say no to this. Coots isn't being moved for an unproven player. This where the Scott Laughton talk comes up again.

PALE PWNR 05-02-2013 04:10 PM

Couturier is available for Schultz. And not Nick. Outside of that, NO.

SchennSational1022* 05-02-2013 05:09 PM

If you're not offering J Schultz theres nothing to be seen here.