HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Value of: Methot, Boychuk, Braun, Prout or Stone to Tampa (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1418341)

Jacko95 05-02-2013 01:44 PM

Methot, Boychuk, Braun, Prout or Stone to Tampa

As well known, Tampa needs a new 2nd pairing righty. I don't know a hell lot about all those players other than stats, so it wouldn't be wise to make any proposal.
All these guys offer what Tampa needs (at least at the stat sheet). They are all rightys, they all know how to use their body (both hitting and blocking shots), but Tampa fans just know to good that those stats are not all (yes I'm looking at you Brewer).
So can these guys play good, mistake free defense? And at least get a pass to somebody who is able to get the puck in the O-zone.

If so please make me an offer, but NOT include Stammer, Hedman, Killorn, Gudas, our first or Vasilevski.
I know those guys (at least if they fit the bills) won't come cheap.

If I missed a guy that could be interesting as well, offer what you want. Oh yes and this player should not be 30 yet.

Hatrick Marleau 05-02-2013 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jacko95 (Post 65107467)
As well known, Tampa needs a new 2nd pairing righty. I don't know a hell lot about all those players other than stats, so it wouldn't be wise to make any proposal.
All these guys offer what Tampa needs (at least at the stat sheet). They are all rightys, they all know how to use their body (both hitting and blocking shots), but Tampa fans just know to good that those stats are not all (yes I'm looking at you Brewer).
So can these guys play good, mistake free defense? And at least get a pass to somebody who is able to get the puck in the O-zone.

If so please make me an offer, but NOT include Stammer, Hedman, Killorn, Gudas, our first or Vasilevski.

If I missed a guy that could be interesting as well, offer what you want. Oh yes and this player should not be 30 yet.

Braun has been playing great on our shutdown pair with Vlasic. Not really interested in trading him now.

SpezDispenser 05-02-2013 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jacko95 (Post 65107467)

1.Methot is a lefty.

2.He's almost untouchable from the Sens POV as he logs massive minutes and slots into our top 4 very comfortably.

Jacko95 05-02-2013 01:53 PM

^^ Missed that with lefty sorry, would still like to get him, but I understand, you aren't the best defensive team either and I'm asking for one of your top defenders.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hatrick Marleau (Post 65107699)
Braun has been playing great on our shutdown pair with Vlasic. Not really interested in trading him now.

I expected this response for Braun, but you guys really could need some offensive help. No interest in Purcell?

Hatrick Marleau 05-02-2013 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jacko95 (Post 65107911)
I expected this response for Braun, but you guys really could need some offensive help. No interest in Purcell?

We don't need offensive help. We are rolling 4 lines now. If anything we could use another good dman in the offseason.

guyzeur 05-02-2013 02:13 PM

Quote:

^^ Missed that with lefty sorry, would still like to get him, but I understand, you aren't the best defensive team either and I'm asking for one of your top defenders.

2nd in league in goals against this year

Jacko95 05-02-2013 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guyzeur (Post 65108941)
2nd in league in goals against this year

Yeah, but that's your Goalies, your defense is nothing special without Karlsson, with him this gets a whole lot different.

Altimus 05-02-2013 02:27 PM

Bostons getting crowded on the blueline if redden has a good playoff. Boychuk seems like the best to make a deal for.

guyzeur 05-02-2013 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jacko95 (Post 65109207)
Yeah, but that's your Goalies, your defense is nothing special without Karlsson, with him this gets a whole lot different.

It's the system we're playing: we try not to stay to long in our zone by having a structured plan to get out of it without icing the puck.

You should watch some of our games next year when every ones back.

In a couple years, Karlsson, Methot and Cowen will be a top 3 as good as any team in the league.

SpezDispenser 05-02-2013 02:36 PM

Quote:

Are we not? We're the stingiest team in the league defensively.

EDIT: I see it's been discussed already, I should read the whole thread before posting. Our D is rock solid, it's part system, part nice players. Methot was absolutely at the head of the pack this year though, he was our best D-man easily.

TheJuxtaposer 05-02-2013 02:45 PM

Not particularly interested in moving Braun. If we do keep Burns up front (I have absolutely no clue what will happen), we'd be more interested in adding a defenseman than trading one, particularly Braun. If a defenseman is traded, it'll be Boyle.

nmbr_24 05-02-2013 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Altimus (Post 65109655)
Bostons getting crowded on the blueline if redden has a good playoff. Boychuk seems like the best to make a deal for.

As a Bruin fan I do not want to see them trade Boychuk.

There are Bruins fans who would want to deal him but I get the feeling that management likes him as much as I do and I just don't see a beneficial deal for both teams. Even if Redden were to have a great playoff he won't be replacing Boychuk, maybe they keep him as a bottom pairing guy for next season, but I just don't see them relying on Redden to play in the 2nd pairing, that would be a big mistake in my opinion.

Redden and Ference will be UFAs in the off season, the Bruins will be tight with the cap and probably won't have the cash to give either of those guys as much or more than they are making now and neither are as good as Boychuk. I think it is a lot better to let rookies replace your #5,6, or 7 guys than trying to replace your #3 guy with a guy like Redden. Sure, re-sign Redden, but for the #6-7 spot.

Jacko95 05-02-2013 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guyzeur (Post 65109997)
It's the system we're playing: we try not to stay to long in our zone by having a structured plan to get out of it without icing the puck.

You should watch some of our games next year when every ones back.

In a couple years, Karlsson, Methot and Cowen will be a top 3 as good as any team in the league.

I agree with you 100%. Sorry if my "message" was missleading. On paper I wouldn't call your D top10, but your system works pretty well, so they make up for it very very well. (as you stated)

And I'm looking forward for some very exciting Tampa-Ottowa games :) But it's pretty hard to watch lots of games from Germany as the games normally start at 1am (7pm in NA)