HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Tor-NYI (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1418551)

Tookey98 05-02-2013 06:50 PM

Tor-NYI
 
To NYI- Kessel sign to a new deal
To Tor- Two 1st(13,14) and a 2nd(13 or 14)

If the leafs dont want or cant sign they need to get something for him and it gives more scoring behind Tavares what they despertly need. NYI has alot of young players already so can afford to give up draft picks.

Hotlanta 05-02-2013 06:53 PM

Toronto has waited too long to make playoffs, it sucks we got the Bruins and may get steam rolled but we are on the right path and aren't going to blow up our progress by trading our best player.

Tookey98 05-02-2013 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hotlanta (Post 65123743)
Toronto has waited too long to make playoffs, it sucks we got the Bruins and may get steam rolled but we are on the right path and aren't going to blow up our progress by trading our best player.

That's why I said only if hey can't resign him

WestleySnipez 05-02-2013 07:14 PM

This just made me laugh! Thanks, you made my day.

Seriously though, Toronto would NEVER do this. Especially since the Islanders picks are probably going to be above 15 the next two seasons. Maybe if they were two Top 5/Top 10s.

Jack de la Hoya 05-02-2013 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tookey98 (Post 65125719)
That's why I said only if hey can't resign him

If Toronto can't sign him, what makes you think he'll sign with the Islanders?

hlaverty06 05-02-2013 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tookey98 (Post 65123457)
To NYI- Kessel sign to a new deal
To Tor- Two 1st(13,14) and a 2nd(13 or 14)

If the leafs dont want or cant sign they need to get something for him and it gives more scoring behind Tavares what they despertly need. NYI has alot of young players already so can afford to give up draft picks.

If they can't resign him ( i think they can) they would ask for Strome+1st+ probably

CREW99AW 05-02-2013 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tookey98 (Post 65123457)
To NYI- Kessel sign to a new deal
To Tor- Two 1st(13,14) and a 2nd(13 or 14)

If the leafs dont want or cant sign they need to get something for him and it gives more scoring behind Tavares what they despertly need. NYI has alot of young players already so can afford to give up draft picks.

Kessel's signing a 5-6 yr extension, for Tavares type money($5.5m)?

Jack de la Hoya 05-02-2013 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hlaverty06 (Post 65125795)
If they can't resign him ( i think they can) they would ask for Strome+1st+ probably

Why would the Islanders give up a blue-chip piece for a one-year rental?

CREW99AW 05-02-2013 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya (Post 65126591)
Why would the Islanders give up a blue-chip piece for a one-year rental?

because Milbury's the Isles gm. Oh,wait...:laugh:

Riseonfire 05-02-2013 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hlaverty06 (Post 65125795)
If they can't resign him ( i think they can) they would ask for Strome+1st+ probably

And Snow wouldn't like that.

hlaverty06 05-02-2013 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riseonfire (Post 65130495)
And Snow wouldn't like that.

Good for snow, then they aren't getting kessel :handclap:

CREW99AW 05-02-2013 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hlaverty06 (Post 65130889)
Good for snow, then they aren't getting kessel :handclap:

Good thing for Snow, that he's not after Kessel then.

from today's fanchat
http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey...7071?qr=1&qr=1

1:30
Staple:
Well, I think it's looking more and more like Mark Streit won't be back. Without knowing much about Snow's plans yet, since he's focused on the current squad, I'd think Marek Zidlicky could fit a short-term plan on D. Big shot, PP experience. He's not terrific in his own zone, but he wouldn't be playing big EV minutes. I don't think there'll be many forwards the Isles will
overpay for, not with Strome/Nelson/Nino in the pipeline.

KrisBeKreame 05-02-2013 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hlaverty06 (Post 65130889)
Good for snow, then they aren't getting kessel :handclap:

Fine with us Islander fans

Vor 05-02-2013 09:25 PM

No chance. simply none. in the unlikely event that Kessel doesnt sign, he'll be traded for young roster players with good upside. think the Richards/Carter trades.

Jack de la Hoya 05-02-2013 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VoicexOfxReason (Post 65147787)
No chance. simply none. in the unlikely event that Kessel doesnt sign, he'll be traded for young roster players with good upside. think the Richards/Carter trades.

That doesn't make sense.

In the event that Kessel won't sign, he doesn't hold nearly the value that Richards and Carter did at the time of those trades. He becomes a 1-year rental.

Vor 05-02-2013 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya (Post 65148311)
That doesn't make sense.

In the event that Kessel won't sign, he doesn't hold nearly the value that Richards and Carter did at the time of those trades. He becomes a 1-year rental.

I dont really care if you think that. It is what i feel will happen and it is perfectly reasonable to expect that. Kessel is going to re-sign, but in the extremely unlikely scenario where he doesnt, i could see it being a sign amd trade. So in that situation, yes he xan return that much and probably more.

Jack de la Hoya 05-02-2013 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VoicexOfxReason (Post 65148733)
I dont really care if you think that. It is what i feel will happen and it is perfectly reasonable to expect that. Kessel is going to re-sign, but in the extremely unlikely scenario where he doesnt, i could see it being a sign amd trade. So in that situation, yes he xan return that much and probably more.

Oh, if he's extended at a decent cap hit, he'll definitely return a very good package.

Still, can't see a realistic scenario where Toronto can't get him signed, but a team like the Islanders can.

JuicyJ* 05-02-2013 09:44 PM

He's not going to be signed then traded so posts askin for that are way off base

iPunch 05-02-2013 10:30 PM

Want Kessel? Start with Tavares.

Wouldn't do that? Don't blame you.

Hertl Power 05-02-2013 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iPunch (Post 65154903)
Want Kessel? Start with Tavares.

Wouldn't do that? Don't blame you.

I don't know how to respond to something this bad.

charliolemieux 05-02-2013 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya (Post 65125771)
If Toronto can't sign him, what makes you think he'll sign with the Islanders?

Cuz dey be goin to Brooklyn! :yo:

LEAFANFORLIFE23 05-03-2013 02:14 AM

Toronto is FINALLY on the right path with a solid youth base with Kessel, Kadri, JVR Gardiner, Reily possibly Reimer and solid vets still in their 20's in Phaneuf, Lupul why take the biggest part of that and trade it away nobody does that

giddy up 05-03-2013 04:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iPunch (Post 65154903)
Want Kessel? Start with Tavares.

Wouldn't do that? Don't blame you.

This. This is bad.

RomanianLeafs 05-03-2013 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KrisBeKreame (Post 65132225)
Fine with us Islander fans

even better for us :)///tavares or kessel our teams still will be crushed by penguins and bruins :)

SLAPSHOT723 05-03-2013 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iPunch (Post 65154903)
Want Kessel? Start with Tavares.

Wouldn't do that? Don't blame you.

Go home you're drunk.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:29 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.