HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Dallas-Buffalo (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1418903)

oconnor9sean 05-02-2013 11:47 PM

Dallas-Buffalo

To Dallas: Tyler Ennis + 2013 5th

To Buffalo: Brett Ritchie + Boston 2013 1st (assuming they make the ECF) + Phillip Larsen

Buffalo gets: one of Dallas' top prospects, a first round pick, and a young NHL d-man with 2 years of NHL experience and top 4 potential. And also clears up space in their log jam of top 6 centers.

Dallas gets: a top 6 center, and frees up a spot on the d core for Oleksiak/Morrow/Connauton

Thoughts?

Mr Misty 05-03-2013 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oconnor9sean (Post 65156393)

To Buffalo: Brett Ritchie + Boston 2013 1st (assuming they make the ECF) + Phillip Larsen

Buffalo gets: one of Dallas' top prospects, a first round pick, and a young NHL d-man with 2 years of NHL experience and top 4 potential. And also clears up space in their log jam of top 6 centers.

Dallas gets: a top 6 center, and frees up a spot on the d core for Oleksiak/Morrow/Connauton

Thoughts?

I don't think their GM has the leeway to wait for somebody like Ritchie or the pick to turn into contributing NHLers.

La Cosa Nostra 05-03-2013 12:15 AM

No. Ennis is only 23 and not fully developed yet averages 55 points per 82 games. Not a stretch to say when be reaches his potential that he will be a 70 point center. The kid reminds me of a young Briere. A lot of Sabre fans want to trade Ennis because he isn't a big bruising player but not me. I'm very content rolling with a center core of Ennis-Hodgson-Grigorenko-Girgensons, all project (or already are) to be top 6 centers and they are 23,23,18 and 19 years of age.

Pohlow 05-03-2013 12:16 AM

Would much, much rather keep Ritchie and fill centers from the draft + FA + trading for a better center.

I wouldn't even do Ennis for Ritchie + Bos 1st, why throw in Larsen?

Djp 05-03-2013 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oconnor9sean (Post 65156393)

Thoughts?

Not happening. Ennis s still young. Is it possible he could be moved...yes...but in a trade who could help now. He could be someone they trade if they would try t o acquire bob Ryan or Chris Stewart.

He is just 23... In a rebuild you keep these players.

They aren't going to trade up for an avg prospect plus a bottom of the 1s pick that is an utter crapshoot on gettng something with the pick.

thefifagod 05-03-2013 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Djp (Post 65161695)
Not happening. Ennis s still young. Is it possible he could be moved...yes...but in a trade who could help now. He could be someone they trade if they would try t o acquire bob Ryan or Chris Stewart.

He is just 23... In a rebuild you keep these players.

They aren't going to trade up for an avg prospect plus a bottom of the 1s pick that is an utter crapshoot on gettng something with the pick.

You contradict yourself saying they'd trade him for help now in a rebuild. They're not looking for immediate help. That being said, this trade isn't enticing. Ennis would be used to get a bigger fish (not either of those guys mentioned, that's ludicrous) or as a piece to move up in the draft (e.g. Ennis +8th overall for 4th overall)

Dirty Kari 05-03-2013 12:49 AM

Ritchie could be as good as Ennis. Adding a 1st+Larsen to that is unwise to say the least.

SuperSaiyanSTARS 05-03-2013 12:49 AM

Would not trade Ritchie for Ennis. No.

Djp 05-03-2013 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thefifagod (Post 65162657)
You contradict yourself saying they'd trade him for help now in a rebuild. They're not looking for immediate help. That being said, this trade isn't enticing. Ennis would be used to get a bigger fish (not either of those guys mentioned, that's ludicrous) or as a piece to move up in the draft (e.g. Ennis +8th overall for 4th overall)

No...what I am saying is they aren't going to give him up for prospects...but they opt to mvove him to get better. They aren't trading him to rebuild.

He is an RFA in 2014 so they may opt to move him in the right deal...but the player coming back is a young vet under 27 with at least a few years experience.

tsujimoto74 05-03-2013 01:27 AM

The thing I'm most confused about is how you got the idea Buffalo has a logjam of top 6 centers :laugh: Kevin Porter was our 2nd line center by the end of the season. Kevin. Porter.

La Cosa Nostra 05-03-2013 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thefifagod (Post 65162657)

Darcy Regier will not trade Tyler Ennis to move up 4 spots. Sorry, moving from 8 to 4 isn't worth a 23 year old 55 point center with 70+ point potential. Maybe if it was moving up from 5 to 1 and we got Mackinnon or Drouin maybe, but trade Ennis so we can draft Barkov over Monahan or Nurse? Umm no. And I would bet anything that Darcy wouldn't do anything so ridiculous either.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperSaiyanSTARS (Post 65162971)
Would not trade Ritchie for Ennis. No.

That's fine, Sabres have no interest in trading a 23 year old top 6 center for a prospect.Ennis was more productive then Ritchie was and played in a much more physical league. Ennis put up 9 points in 10 games as a 20 year old then led the Sabres in playoff scoring that very same season. The next year which was still considered his rookie year, he put up 20 goals and 49 points. Ennis is going no where. Not to mention Ritchie was a 2nd round pick while Ennis was a 1st rounder in 2008 which is the best draft since 2003.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dirty Kari (Post 65162939)
Ritchie could be as good as Ennis. Adding a 1st+Larsen to that is unwise to say the least.

What has he shown to think he would be as good as Ennis? :shakehead

Pohlow 05-03-2013 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Layne Staley (Post 65165965)
Darcy Regier will not trade Tyler Ennis to move up 4 spots. Sorry, moving from 8 to 4 isn't worth a 23 year old 55 point center with 70+ point potential. Maybe if it was moving up from 5 to 1 and we got Mackinnon or Drouin maybe, but trade Ennis so we can draft Barkov over Monahan or Nurse? Umm no. And I would bet anything that Darcy wouldn't do anything so ridiculous either.

That's fine, Sabres have no interest in trading a 23 year old top 6 center for a prospect.Ennis was more productive then Ritchie was and played in a much more physical league. Ennis put up 9 points in 10 games as a 20 year old then led the Sabres in playoff scoring that very same season. The next year which was still considered his rookie year, he put up 20 goals and 49 points. Ennis is going no where. Not to mention Ritchie was a 2nd round pick while Ennis was a 1st rounder in 2008 which is the best draft since 2003.

Relax guy, no need to get defensive. Bolded made me actually lol.

We want to keep our guy, you want to keep your guy. End thread.

Ogi1Kenobi 05-03-2013 01:35 AM

Brett Ritchie and Alex Chiasson might make the roster this fall. I wouldn't trade him at all. He could very well become our next James Neal.

couture23 05-03-2013 01:50 AM

No thanks, Ennis isn't an issue moving forward and is still very young.

I don't want to overhype prospects like the majority do here, I think Ritchie was a product of Strome. He never but up big numbers without a skilled centre, and we don't have that on our roster as of now besides Hodgson who I'm not even sure will be his linemates come next season.

Dirty Kari 05-03-2013 02:00 AM

Quote:

He has shown a lot of promise in juniors and his short stint in the AHL. He has high potential. Sorry but 55 point potential for 70 isn't exactly an unreachable ceiling. If Ritchie turns into a 50-60 point player is it worth trading him+Larsen+1st for Ennis? Trading him plus Larsen and a 1st (which could be at around the same place Ennis was drafted since you think 26 vs 44 is a massive difference) is overpayment. Sabres are better off keeping him instead of trading him for futures that may not pan out. Dallas is better off stockpiling assets instead of trading multiple assets for one player.

LatvianTwist 05-03-2013 07:41 AM

Stars shouldn't do this. Giving up way too much potential, especially if we still have hope in Larsen.

wunderpanda 05-03-2013 07:56 AM

I'd be more interested in Dillon than Ritchie. Stafford for Dillon?

ZeroPT 05-03-2013 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wunderpanda (Post 65172101)

You're going to get flamed, Dallas trade the best dman prospect they have for a third liner? No.

Dominic Roussel 05-03-2013 08:32 AM

Quote:

Wow. I needed a good laugh this morning. :laugh:

Djp 05-03-2013 09:31 AM

Stafford for Dillon?

Where do I sign......

stokes84 05-03-2013 09:56 AM

Dan Catennaci + Buffalo 2nd + Mike Weber for Loui Eriksson

Deal?

Sony Eriksson* 05-03-2013 10:02 AM

Quote:

Perhaps Ritchie scoring 41 goals in 53 games this season with Niagra....just going out on a limb here. Plus Ritchie is only 19 compared to Ennis who is 23. Also he said "could" not "definitely" better.

Sony Eriksson* 05-03-2013 10:03 AM

Quote:

How about Jordie Benn for Myers?

:shakehead

stokes84 05-03-2013 10:09 AM

Everyone has prospects like Brett Ritchie. They are a dime a dozen. If he were traded to Buffalo, he'd be our 8th or 9th best prospect. You don't trade a top 6 forward for that piece.

Chaos 05-03-2013 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stokes84 (Post 65175981)
Everyone has prospects like Brett Ritchie. They are a dime a dozen. If he were traded to Buffalo, he'd be our 8th or 9th best prospect. You don't trade a top 6 forward for that piece.

Name the 7 or 8 guys that would be ahead of him.