HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   OT: Jay Onrait and Dan O'Toole appreciation (and goodbye) thread (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1420029)

Mr_Lyle 05-03-2013 10:06 PM

OT: Jay Onrait and Dan O'Toole appreciation (and goodbye) thread

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2013/...or-fox-sports/

I know not everyone likes those 2 but I think this is a big loss to the sports scene in Canada. I wish them all the best. Mornings won't be the same without them. Good luck down south boys.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt 05-03-2013 10:08 PM

They are awesome. They made TSN fun and sometimes they need to be more than just a news outlet. They started to get it now with the Luongo skit and the Hangover parody.

Player 61 05-03-2013 10:10 PM

They are Going to FOX Sports. Good Luck Bro's! :handclap::handclap:

thewall 05-03-2013 10:21 PM

This sucks.. really love that combo...

Gonna miss these quotes:

Boborovskyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Canadiannnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Friend of the show
Producer Tim
Skinnnnnnnnnnerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!

habtastic 05-03-2013 10:23 PM

Huge loss for Canada.

Weirdest thing is when I see people commenting about how annoying "those" highlight guys were. Noticed it on our board actually, referring to highlights from the night when Jay and Dan are describing things hilariously as usual. It's like they don't get the humour or they think it's actually serious.

Really wonder what kind of program they're going to have at Fox Sports. I honestly can't think of a funnier duo on television in the modern area. They're brilliant.

HatTricK09 05-03-2013 10:23 PM

Nooooo :(
They are so funny

habtastic 05-03-2013 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thewall (Post 65237447)
This sucks.. really love that combo...

Gonna miss these quotes:

Boborovskyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Canadiannnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Friend of the show
Producer Tim
Skinnnnnnnnnnerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!

Hahah, I love that one. Jay used it tonight when talking about the captain of (I think) the Edmonton Oil Kings.

Bask 05-03-2013 10:25 PM

still makes me laugh every time

compile 05-03-2013 10:31 PM

As much as I like them, **** them both.

Could give a rats ass about any Canadian leaving this beloved country to go work there for more money.

They'll be back as American's don't understand Canadian humor.

le_sean 05-03-2013 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by compile (Post 65238419)

Could give a rats ass about any Canadian leaving this beloved country to go work there for more money.

Yes damn them for wanting to make more money and exposure.

overlords 05-03-2013 10:34 PM

I never really found them funny. good luck to them, though.

Hermamoud 05-03-2013 10:35 PM

One of my favorite quotes was when they were showing Guy Boucher going nuts during a time out and said: "Here you see Guy Boucher reminding his players that he will kill James Bond"

Blackshad 05-03-2013 10:36 PM

This really suck... They were really good and funny. One of the reason to watch sportcenter for sure.

When Jay Ontrait did the weather it was of the funniest sketch i have seen.

habtastic 05-03-2013 10:42 PM

Quote:

Are you serious? So basically they work for TSN for 15 years, in many ways change the face of sportscenter, we have to see Dregger's smug face 90% of the time, and they basically go on to do better things or more prolific things...and you blame them?

How do you you know what the details are? If they are going to do their own show or even something that gives them more time - good for them. It's our fault (Canada) for not having the forum to offer them that platform. BTW a LOT (understatement of the millenium) of Canadians go to the US to further their careers and in entertainment to do more creative things. Forget TSN for a second, Canadian tv SUCKS. Like BAD. So if you want to do something interesting and even worthwhile, you have to go south.

You should read the article in which they say that although they're going to the states, they'll always be Canadian. They are patriotic.

Can't believe you'd chastise them for taking the next steps in their careers. If they had the exact same opportunity in Canada, they wouldn't leave. Good for them. This is not deserting your country. You must HATE 50% of Hollywood's biggest and/or best stars.

Also it's funny you mention Canadian sense of humour. This argument can be based on things like Arrested Development being canceled cuz Americans at the time didn't get the subtle genius though more Canadians did (% wise). There are far more shows like AD now and if you look at the shows the CBC or CTV make, they make me thoroughly embarrassed. Garbage production, not the least bit funny, just badddd. Canadians have a great sense of humour, just no good production companies. That Jerry Dee show is pathetic. He's hilarious, but the show sucks. So..."Canadian", feeding into the worst stereotypes.

Bad Natey 05-03-2013 10:44 PM

I hope we still get WJC wake-up calls from them...

Blackshad 05-03-2013 10:45 PM

Quote:

Would you work in the state if i offer you 300k a year?

Dont be silly, as much as you are a patriot, everyone has a price.

JMMR 05-03-2013 10:45 PM

Anyone listen to the pod cast?
Its gold!

4Beliveau 05-03-2013 10:53 PM

Really liked them for a long time but found them getting harder and harder to enjoy. Way too much trying to be funny all the time. Anyway, they'll be perfect on Fox Sports.

Hope we get to see Hedger every morning now!

coolasprICE 05-03-2013 10:56 PM

Meh. People still watch sport highlights ?

sheed36 05-03-2013 11:03 PM

I'm gonna miss this from TSN's trade deadline day coverage..

donghabs98 05-03-2013 11:05 PM

Big loss. They were the best and they were the reason I always tried to stay up late just so that I could listen to some of the stuff they say

MJG 05-03-2013 11:06 PM

Sad news. They will be missed. They're great.

Eeeeeeeeelllllllllllllliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiooooooooooot ttttttttttt!

dackelljuneaubulis02 05-03-2013 11:07 PM

It's really just Onrait. His Bobrovsky thing kills me. It probably helps that I don't watch them all the time.

sheed36 05-03-2013 11:07 PM

"Mike, *****'s at the door." :laugh:

BackhandToeyJoey 05-03-2013 11:07 PM

Are they going to FOX sports errrrrrrrrr!?