HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Edler to Detroit (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1422515)

Diamonddog01 05-06-2013 03:20 PM

Edler to Detroit

Here's my kick and the can for an Edler draft day deal.

Detroit

Edler

Vancouver

Helm
Rights to Filppula
2013 1st

Assuming Van can sign Filppula, this could solve a few of Vancouver's issues at forward.

Vankiller Whale 05-06-2013 03:23 PM

No. If we're trading Edler, the package should involve a young potential star forward.

The Zetterberg Era 05-06-2013 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diamonddog01 (Post 65438531)

Detroit

Edler

Vancouver

Helm
Rights to Filppula
2013 1st

Assuming Van can sign Filppula, this could solve a few of Vancouver's issues at forward.

I hope you realize Filppula wants five million+ so you are actually losing cap space something you don't have. Don't know if the Wings would do this, they certainly like Edler and would give this a long think. They value Helm but he is not unmovable as I am sure some Wings fans are about to attempt to state. The Wings are also pretty high on this draft, would not move the first at the deadline, so it is hard to read. Still think Vancouver doesn't touch this because of the cap implications and likely wanting a younger package player with higher upside.

Momesso 05-06-2013 03:25 PM

Yeah, I'd want Nyquist as part of that deal.

The Zetterberg Era 05-06-2013 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Momesso (Post 65438809)
Yeah, I'd want Nyquist as part of that deal.

My guess is Tatar is available before Nyquist, but he isn't a terrible asset.

ValidVick* 05-06-2013 03:31 PM

Edler is not available. People need to give this team a chance with a new coach before the "rebuild" threads..

Diamonddog01 05-06-2013 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Zetterberg Era (Post 65438805)
I hope you realize Filppula wants five million+ so you are actually losing cap space something you don't have. Don't know if the Wings would do this, they certainly like Edler and would give this a long think. They value Helm but he is not unmovable as I am sure some Wings fans are about to attempt to state. The Wings are also pretty high on this draft, would not move the first at the deadline, so it is hard to read. Still think Vancouver doesn't touch this because of the cap implications and likely wanting a younger package player with higher upside.

Presumably the team will manage to trade Luongo, and either find a taker for Booth or buy him out.

I'd offer Filppula 4.5 and see what happens. Our forward group becomes much better, and Detroit gets a 1st pairing guy.

For Vancouver this would be doable:

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Filppula - Kesler - Kassian
Higgins - Helm - Hansen
Pinizotto (or upgrade) - Lapierre - Weise

Vankiller Whale 05-06-2013 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diamonddog01 (Post 65439209)
Presumably the team will manage to trade Luongo, and either find a taker for Booth or buy him out.

I'd offer Filppula 4.5 and see what happens. Our forward group becomes much better, and Detroit gets a 1st pairing guy.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Higgins - Helm - Hansen

We can improve our forward group to a comparable degree without trading Edler.

Heck, we could just throw 5 mil at Flippula in free agency and let Roy walk if we wanted to.

Helm isn't enough of an upgrade over Schroeder to merit trading Edler.

Diamonddog01 05-06-2013 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale (Post 65439611)
We can improve our forward group to a comparable degree without trading Edler.

Heck, we could just throw 5 mil at Flippula in free agency and let Roy walk if we wanted to.

Helm isn't enough of an upgrade over Schroeder to merit trading Edler.

Disagree strongly. Helm is a massive upgrade over Schroeder, and is one of the best 3rd line C's in the league imo.

StringerBell 05-06-2013 03:48 PM

This would be a terrible deal for us. Please God no.

Vankiller Whale 05-06-2013 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diamonddog01 (Post 65439749)
Disagree strongly. Helm is a massive upgrade over Schroeder, and is one of the best 3rd line C's in the league imo.

That's not what I said. Is the difference between Helm and Schroeder worth a top-pairing(borderline #1) defenseman?

jumptheshark 05-06-2013 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roy Baby (Post 65439121)
Edler is not available. People need to give this team a chance with a new coach before the "rebuild" threads..

the door may not be shut for the nucks to make another serious run-- but it is creeping shut

The Zetterberg Era 05-06-2013 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diamonddog01 (Post 65439209)

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Higgins - Helm - Hansen

My opinion is if Filppula would except 4.5 million he would already have a contract in Detroit. I don't even know if he is worth that right now, he had an absolutely dreadful year at the wrong time.

Momesso 05-06-2013 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Zetterberg Era (Post 65438911)
My guess is Tatar is available before Nyquist, but he isn't a terrible asset.

Thanks. Not that Edler won't be traded, but one of the big holes on the roster is a PMD, and I'm not so sure Detroit can provide that asset.

Many Canuck fans believe Edler (and the rest of the Canucks defense) have struggled under AV's system and because he's had a revolving door of partners since the departure of Ehrhoff. For that reason, I'd actually prefer to hire a new coach and keep most of the core.

It doesn't help that he's been paired with Bieksa in this SJS series, who still looks like he has a groin injury.

Sergei Shirokov 05-06-2013 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ValidVick* (Post 65439121)

This.

Quote:

Originally Posted by StringerBell (Post 65440037)
This would be a terrible deal for us. Please God no.

This. x2

Quote:

Originally Posted by jumptheshark (Post 65440555)
the door may not be shut for the nucks to make another serious run-- but it is creeping shut

Trading Edler doesn't open it anymore than it is.

Iowa Wingsfan 05-06-2013 06:40 PM

Quote:

Detroit

Edler

Vancouver

Helm
Rights to Filppula
2013 1st

I accept that trade and don't lose any sleep. I think this is due to the fact that Helm has not played this year, Filppula = awful (this season), and the defense needs a legit top pairing dman. Done Deal.

Wingsfan2965* 05-06-2013 08:56 PM

Edler might be worth that package, but Detroit isn't going to give up that package for Edler.

Zetterberg4Captain 05-06-2013 09:01 PM

no thx from detroit

our main issue isnt our defence though its an issue

its our lack of high end young offensive talent and toughness none of which edler provides

HUGE pass from the DRW

Number1RedWingsFan52 05-06-2013 09:03 PM

Quote:

Detroit

Edler

Vancouver

Helm
Rights to Filppula
2013 1st

Detroit was'nt about to surrender there 2013 1st for Bouwmeester and there not about to for Alex Edler either.

CommonMeans* 05-06-2013 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ValidVick* (Post 65439121)

It's not a rebuild trade - it's a retooling trade.

Fact of the matter is, in my opinion at least, this team would be better off with a young forward than they would be with Edler.

Even without Edler our d is solid, although that assumes corrado is ready to make the jump - all indications are that he is.

An Edler for young forward (a good center ie Coutorier) addresses our needs now and down the road as he develops.

CommonMeans* 05-06-2013 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Number1RedWingsFan52 (Post 65471175)
Detroit was'nt about to surrender there 2013 1st for Bouwmeester and there not about to for Alex Edler either.

Edler > Bouwmeester inmo.

Diamonddog01 05-06-2013 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Number1RedWingsFan52 (Post 65471175)

Contracts being equal, Edler is a better player than JBo. And in this case contracts are not equal.

Shocked that Wings fans wouldn't go for this personally. Rights to a player generally go for a 4th or 5th rounder, so the trade is more a 1st and Helm for Edler. More than fair.

Wingsfan2965* 05-06-2013 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanuckClown (Post 65472831)

Doesn't really matter. Detroit wants their first this year.

CommonMeans* 05-06-2013 11:42 PM

I don't see the wings and nucks being good trading partners. Both in a similar spot - retooling without tearing it down - unlikely either has pieces they're willing to give up.

Congrats on the win tonight btw. Looked good :)

Number1RedWingsFan52 05-07-2013 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanuckClown (Post 65472831)

Yep pretty much.