HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Detroit Red Wings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   MLive: Jan Mursak ends stay with Detroit organization, signs deal with Russian team Amur (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1424155)

Goose Status Loose 05-08-2013 03:27 AM

Jan Mursak ends stay with Detroit organization, signs deal with Russian team Amur

Quote:

Per MLive:

The 25-year-old right winger confirmed Tuesday he signed a two-year contract with Amur Khabarovsk, a team in the KHL. The deal, announced in Russia, is for one season with player option for the second season.
http://www.mlive.com/griffins/index....y_with_de.html

Your thoughts?

Henkka 05-08-2013 03:39 AM

Good luck for him. He will make a nice career in European sized hockey rinks.

SoupNazi 05-08-2013 06:35 AM

Best of luck Jan.

I wonder if he was sure he wouldn't get an NHL team?

joe89 05-08-2013 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoupNazi (Post 65591223)
Best of luck Jan.

I wonder if he was sure he wouldn't get an NHL team?

Not a one-way deal anyway. At his age you wanna start making some sure money.

BSHH 05-08-2013 07:22 AM

After not being claimed off waivers (surprisingly for me), Mursak could easily evaluate his future options. While the incredibly long travels certainly will annoy him, playing in Khabarovsk must be an unique experience for Mursak. Amur sold out every home game for seven years counting, didn't they? I wish him all the best, would have loved to see more from him in a Red Wings uniform and like the remote underdog Amur even more than I already did.

Gruß,
BSHH

mindfly 05-08-2013 07:22 AM

Good riddance

Vladdy84 05-08-2013 07:43 AM

It's a shame he got hurt when it looked like he had a real chance to make his mark last year.

Good luck Jan.

Cyborg Yzerberg 05-08-2013 09:01 AM

Should have been on the team this year. Best of luck, Jan.

nik jr 05-08-2013 09:14 AM

khabarovsk is near the pacific ocean and very close to russia's border with china. probably has the worst travel burden of any professional sports team, since KHL also has teams in eastern europe.

best of luck to him

Shoalzie 05-08-2013 09:50 AM

Surprised he didn't wait for free agency to maybe try to get with another club...he's probably beyond playing in that AHL at this point. He had success during the lockout but gets hurt in the opener and this year was pretty much lost from the start. He wasn't going to get another chance with the Wings...can't blame him for leaving.

Yemack 05-08-2013 10:04 AM

best of luck

RedWingsNow* 05-08-2013 10:33 AM

Hopefully he finds his way back.
He's got the speed and hands for the NHL.
He needs the opportunity and some health

With a puck-possession coach, Mursak would have gotten his opportunity.

f1seb 05-08-2013 10:38 AM

At 25 years old it's time to get out and start making some money. There is really no point in sitting around in the AHL. You've done your development stint as far as I'm concerned. If hockey is your career then you go where the money is, it's a no brainer.

Hobnobs 05-08-2013 11:01 AM

Another reason to watch more KHL games :yo:

Pizzarena91 05-08-2013 11:47 AM

Its too bad it seemed like he was a star in the making but it was clear on some nights he needed to smooth out his abilities. I think the wings could have made him the backup though especially next season.

It kinda fits his personality from what I have seen. Can't picture him being good at waiting his turn.

Can't argue with the wings management they produce winners but some of their handling of their young players seems to really hurt in the long run. Back in the day when you had a hall of fame team young players could understand why they don't break the lineup until 24-25 but now there is no excuse. They don't have a roster good enough to justify keeping these kids in the AHL

kuick 05-08-2013 12:53 PM

He put up some awesome numbers overseas during the lockout, let's see if he can repeat them in the KHL.

Sucks he's leaving but who can blame him? We barely have room for Tatar and Nyquist on the team next year as it is. If he can stay healthy in Russia, I think he'll be back in the NHL pretty soon. Unfortunately, that probably won't be in Detroit. Best of luck to him.

France Nielsen 05-08-2013 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kuick (Post 65609027)
He put up some awesome numbers overseas during the lockout

In a brutal, brutal league. We're not talking about the SEL.

The Zetterberg Era 05-08-2013 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru Meditation (Post 65610147)
In a brutal, brutal league. We're not talking about the SEL.

He also outproduced Tomas Vanek and Grabner and by comfortable margins in that league.

The top 20 in scoring over there especially during the lockout is guys almost everyone should recognize in terms of die-hard hockey fans.

I expect Mursak to finish in the top 20 in KHL scoring next year.

Cursed Lemon 05-08-2013 01:33 PM

Just couldn't make room for him, it's a shame.

TCNorthstars 05-08-2013 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fedorov (Post 65604421)
Its too bad it seemed like he was a star in the making but it was clear on some nights he needed to smooth out his abilities. I think the wings could have made him the backup though especially next season.

It kinda fits his personality from what I have seen. Can't picture him being good at waiting his turn.

Can't argue with the wings management they produce winners but some of their handling of their young players seems to really hurt in the long run. Back in the day when you had a hall of fame team young players could understand why they don't break the lineup until 24-25 but now there is no excuse. They don't have a roster good enough to justify keeping these kids in the AHL

A star in the making?:laugh:

SoupNazi 05-08-2013 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TCNorthstars (Post 65614239)
A star in the making?:laugh:

Yeah, I'm not sure about that either.

Bench 05-08-2013 03:22 PM

We're all made of star stuff.

Actual Thought* 05-08-2013 03:22 PM

His inability to stay healthy certainly hurt his chances of an NHL career. If he could have stayed healthy for more than one game in a row things may have worked out differently. The guy really had a string of bad luck.

Actual Thought* 05-08-2013 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bench (Post 65619059)
We're all made of star stuff.

Yes and we are all unique snowflakes.

needzmoarcleary 05-08-2013 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fedorov (Post 65604421)

He's a goalie now?:sarcasm: