HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Way OT: Family Guy (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=142456)

Balej20* 05-09-2005 01:49 AM

Way OT: Family Guy

Have any of you guys caught any of the new episodes? Is it just me, or have they been horrible? I've been very disapointed, i gotta admit. And that AMerican Dad show is horrendous as well...looks like McFarland should have stopped while he was ahead, cause there was nothing better than the original family guy episodes.

Levitate 05-09-2005 07:35 AM

I don't know if they've been quite as good as the older ones but I've thought they were good and stayed true to the family guy line.

I kinda thought that people wouldn't like them as much cuz of the whole "nothing is as good as the originals" thing that always comes up with stuff like this

american dad isn't too bad either, but it's just kind of family guy with a different family

FLYLine24* 05-09-2005 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balej20
Have any of you guys caught any of the new episodes? Is it just me, or have they been horrible? I've been very disapointed, i gotta admit. And that AMerican Dad show is horrendous as well...looks like McFarland should have stopped while he was ahead, cause there was nothing better than the original family guy episodes.

I think they have been alright, I was cracking up yesterday when Stewie farted and popped a blood vessel in his eye. :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

American dad isnt that bad either, both have there highlights.

Sonny Lamateena 05-09-2005 08:25 AM

I've thought the new Family Guy episodes have been alright, but American Dad just doesn't seem funny.

Kodiak 05-09-2005 08:36 AM

I thought the first new Family Guy was about average for Family Guy, which was pretty damn funny. It's underappreciated because the average Family Guy viewer probably hasn't seen North by Northwest (and maybe not even the original Blues Brothers movie) so they missed some of the jokes.

Last night's ep wasn't as good. It had a couple of moments but on the whole it was weak and predictable. And American Dad is just bad. It's just like Family Guy but without the random humor that makes Family Guy so funny.

Bluenote13 05-09-2005 08:36 AM

I loved last nights episode, Stewie's eye...classic! :biglaugh:

'American Dad' has been ok, give it more time, first episodes of 'Simpsons', 'Seinfeld', etc were not great either.

Levitate 05-09-2005 08:45 AM

i don't think american dad is in a good spot following up the family guy...too similar too close together...they're made by the same guy for god's sake. but i dunno where else they'd put it at the moment

but even in the weaker family guy episodes, there's always some great moments...

'Watch out for the stairs!!"

hehe

Skroob* 05-09-2005 10:08 AM

FG as been alright. They are coming off some time-off, so they may need some time to get steam up again.

As for American Dad... horrible.

Barnaby 05-09-2005 11:08 AM

FG has been solid, American Dad doesn't do it for me tho. Although the one line, "I never apologize, I learned that from G.W." was pretty funny and I like Bush.

Fletch 05-09-2005 11:39 AM

Not loving the Family Guy...

outrageously funny show taken in small doses. I just don't see how many stroylines you can really put up in that format. I was recently on a plane to Ireland watching Family Guy DVDs and was laughing out loud to the point people were looking at me. I'm not getting that with the new episodes.

Balej20* 05-09-2005 12:49 PM

Explain that blood vessel thing with stewies eye...is it a reference im missing, cause i just found that to be weird and im usually very sharp on the references.

Barnaby 05-09-2005 01:51 PM

Chris: Dad, what's the blow-hole for?
Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.

Peter Griffin: Now, I know you're a feminist, and I think that's adorable, but this is grown-up time and I'm the man.

Stewie: Let me guess, you picked out yet another colorful box with a crank that I'm expected to turn and turn until OOP! big shock, a jack pops out and you laugh and the kids laugh and the dog laughs and I die a little inside.

Bluenote13 05-09-2005 02:24 PM

Quote:

Explain that blood vessel thing with stewies eye...is it a reference im missing, cause i just found that to be weird and im usually very sharp on the references.

He strained to fart and it broke his blood vessel. As fart jokes go, it was a pretty good one.

pelts35.com 05-09-2005 02:31 PM

I'm with the majority here that just doesn't find American Dad all that funny.

On the other hand, I think that Family Guy has been good, but not great this season. There are certainly scenes that I find extremely funny and others that I find myself wondering if that was supposed to be funny or not.

I'm still trying to figure out why the baby has a head shaped like a football and the dog can talk and is the most intelligent of the group.

Shadowrunner 05-09-2005 02:53 PM

I honestly think that Family Guy is just as good as it was before. Some of you guys are revering the past a bit too much methinks ala new is always << original. American dad is okay, not nearly as good as FG but better than most other things.

rnyquist 05-09-2005 03:51 PM

Family guy has been great. Honestly its vintage family guy. American Dad however is coming up short, its just not funny. Its kind of like another Simpsons-Futurama thing. Simpsons was funny and Futurama just came up short in comparison. The same goes for FG and AD, AD is way to similar to family guy and its just not funny in comparison.

wantleetchback 05-09-2005 04:57 PM

I think that Family Guy is just as funny as ever. Ive been watching all the old episodes on DVD for the past few months and the new ones are as funny. American dad needs a little more time before i trash it, but so far its not that funny.

RANGER#11 05-09-2005 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonny Lamateena
I've thought the new Family Guy episodes have been alright, but American Dad just doesn't seem funny.

I agree I don't like the American dad . Boring.

JoeyBrash 05-09-2005 06:21 PM

Quote:

The originals are definately better, but its still got that awesome special humor we love.

Levitate 05-09-2005 07:03 PM

Quote:

Simpsons was funny and Futurama just came up short in comparison.
i always liked futurama a lot...it was zanier than the simpsons and just had some random stuff in it that was great. how can you not like bender?

RedLightDistrict 05-09-2005 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Levitate
i always liked futurama a lot...it was zanier than the simpsons and just had some random stuff in it that was great. how can you not like bender?

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNO-TOAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nikkowar 05-09-2005 07:30 PM

Quote:

It's kinda weird,I found myself not laughing as much....

noodlemike 05-10-2005 08:34 AM

The one major thing ive noticed about these episodes so far from the other ones was that what happened to quagmire, joe, and clevand (his neighbors)???? i thought those characters made the show alot funnier, i find the 2 episodes to be average, not bad, some moments, which is what everyone said...and i just ahut the tv off when american dad starts

Skroob* 05-10-2005 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noodlemike
what happened to quagmire, joe, and clevand

It would appear Joes legs now work, and got his own show, "American Dad"

Levitate 05-10-2005 11:17 AM

Quote:

The one major thing ive noticed about these episodes so far from the other ones was that what happened to quagmire, joe, and clevand (his neighbors)???? i thought those characters made the show alot funnier, i find the 2 episodes to be average, not bad, some moments, which is what everyone said...and i just ahut the tv off when american dad starts
i assume one of two things...first that later episodes will have peter's friends in them (i don't know if they were always in every episode in the originals, were they?)

or second, that the actors who voiced some of them didn't come back on...though maybe seth mcfarlain voiced them, i'm not sure without checking and i'm too lazy to check right now