HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Nashville-Carolina Proposal (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=142568)

Archijerej 05-10-2005 03:54 AM

Nashville-Carolina Proposal

To Nashville: Josef Vasicek + Carolina 4th round pick
To Carolina: Adam Hall, Kevin Klein + Nashville 2nd round pick

Nashville gets what they want, Vasicek is 25 years old, big two-way center who works hard, skates well, can hit and is capable of 20 goals 45-50 points regularly. He would fit in Nashville very well IMO.
Carolina gets RW Adam Hall who's upside is perhaps the same as Vasicek's but he hasn't scored as many points yet so his value in this trade is lower. Nashville adds a defensive prospect with top four potential and that fills Carolina's need.
Some will say Nashville overpays, others will say that it would be dumb for Carolina to trade Vasicek who is a part of their present and future core. What do You think?

Safir* 05-10-2005 05:01 AM

Not bad not bad. Does Nashville even own their 2nd rounder? I think that they traded two seconds to Chicago for Sullivan.

Archijerej 05-10-2005 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomACE
Not bad not bad. Does Nashville even own their 2nd rounder? I think that they traded two seconds to Chicago for Sullivan.

Yes, in fact they did. 2006 2nd rounder then.

PJ Wiggum 05-10-2005 05:54 AM

I think the deal takes some needs into considration and the value is there, but unless Hall can play left-wing there is no point for Carolina to do this as they already have O'neill, Williams, Vrbata, and Brendl playing on the right side.

Safir* 05-10-2005 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gerf
I think the deal takes some needs into considration and the value is there, but unless Hall can play left-wing there is no point for Carolina to do this as they already have O'neill, Williams, Vrbata, and Brendl playing on the right side.

I think that O'Neill is a LW for the Canes. Williams has also played some LW, but feels more comfortable on RW.

Archijerej 05-10-2005 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gerf

I dunno if he can play LW but I think Carolina could find a place for Hall. O'neill can play center or left wing (can he?) and sorry to say that but it doesn't look that Brendl will have long and succesfull NHL career.

triggrman 05-10-2005 07:37 AM

I like this deal, even though I'm a huge Hall fan....

Titanium 05-10-2005 07:44 AM

One the most sensible proposals I've seen in a long time, trying to address the needs of both teams! Value-wise, I think you could make a case either way, depending on who you think is going to develop best! I personally think it's fairly even, although perhaps a little in Carolina's favour (not much, though)!

triggrman 05-10-2005 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titanium
One the most sensible proposals I've seen in a long time, trying to address the needs of both teams! Value-wise, I think you could make a case either way, depending on who you think is going to develop best! I personally think it's fairly even, although perhaps a little in Carolina's favour (not much, though)!

I was actually going to suggest making the 2nd a 4th and dropping the Carolina pick.

DontCallPlayersStuds 05-10-2005 11:07 AM

i'd do it if kevin klein were dropped from the equation.

if it wasn't enough without him...how about andrew hutchinson? he's a little more "NHL-ready" anyway, though he doesn't have the upside Klein has.

andora 05-10-2005 06:27 PM

:thumbu: from nashville

PredsFan77* 05-10-2005 06:33 PM

I could do it, I'm not too thrilled about losing Klein, but he's expendable. As I live in the Carolinas I see quite a few Canes games, and say that Vasicek is a pretty good player. I didn't think he was that young, but I won't complain.

bleedgreen 05-10-2005 06:39 PM

as a canes fan - i would definitely think about it. it has the one thing i think the canes need - a young defenseman. i think hall is great, but he his kind of in the cole/ladd mold right? he may be redundant. i would be interested in klein or weber to be honest - seems like klein may be closer. as an offer for one of our better players - i like it. not too often you see an offer that hurts both sides a bit. i would almost rather have another dman than hall - but still its a good offer. i like hall.

bleedgreen 05-10-2005 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomorekids
...how about andrew hutchinson? he's a little more "NHL-ready" anyway, though he doesn't have the upside Klein has.

isnt that nhl upside the thing that other teams want when trading nhl experienced players? unless we're just giving vasicek away, of course.

how about vasicek for weber straight up? im curious to hear reactions :sarcasm:

DontCallPlayersStuds 05-10-2005 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bleedgreen
isnt that nhl upside the thing that other teams want when trading nhl experienced players? unless we're just giving vasicek away, of course.

i don't know about the value, but i know that nashville can't afford to trade weber. he represents the one d-man in that mean stay-at-home mold that we have in the system.

SmokeyClause 05-10-2005 07:06 PM

Quote:

I'm not sure how much management would like Weber for Vasicek. I don't think he's untouchable, but he fills a huge need if he ever does pan out. That being said, so does Vasicek. Is he really a center? He played a lot of wing for you guys last year, if I'm not mistaken.

triggrman 05-10-2005 09:38 PM

I wouldn't do it if it involved Weber.

Habsfan 32 05-10-2005 11:17 PM

It's not a bad deal for both teams.

bleedgreen 05-11-2005 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
I'm not sure how much management would like Weber for Vasicek. I don't think he's untouchable, but he fills a huge need if he ever does pan out. That being said, so does Vasicek. Is he really a center? He played a lot of wing for you guys last year, if I'm not mistaken.

canes fans tend to think he is a wing now, due to his success last season. i think he was due regardless of position. it was his first injury free season in a couple of years. it depends what kind of role you want for him. he is excellent on face offs and is great defensively, but tends to not really be quick enough to play great offense at center. at wing, he is free to hang in the zone longer - he is very strong around the net and can certainly score from that position. he has always played center up to last season, and is playing there now in the wc's. i dont know where he will play, but i think the versatility only helps. i wouldnt think weber is available, but id rather get the best player possible in a trade instead of a package. the canes need one good guy in trades, they have more than enough spare parts.

DontCallPlayersStuds 05-11-2005 12:32 AM

Quote:

canes fans tend to think he is a wing now, due to his success last season. i think he was due regardless of position. it was his first injury free season in a couple of years. it depends what kind of role you want for him. he is excellent on face offs and is great defensively, but tends to not really be quick enough to play great offense at center. at wing, he is free to hang in the zone longer - he is very strong around the net and can certainly score from that position. he has always played center up to last season, and is playing there now in the wc's. i dont know where he will play, but i think the versatility only helps. i wouldnt think weber is available, but id rather get the best player possible in a trade instead of a package. the canes need one good guy in trades, they have more than enough spare parts.

to be fair, i don't think kevin klein or adam hall are "spare parts."

hall's value is pretty close to vasicek's as it is...and whatever the difference is shoudl be made by whatever the throw-in is.

bleedgreen 05-11-2005 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomorekids
to be fair, i don't think kevin klein or adam hall are "spare parts."

hall's value is pretty close to vasicek's as it is...and whatever the difference is shoudl be made by whatever the throw-in is.

i dont disagree, i wasnt slighting your players. forget i said that - i really meant to reinforce the whole one player back concept there. i would rather have the best player back possible than a package, though as far as packages go, the original offer was a good one.

MS 05-11-2005 01:14 PM

If I'm Jim Rutherford, hell would freeze before I'd trade Vasicek for Adam Hall+. Hall is a nice player, but Vasicek is the sort of big, young, two-way center every team in the league would kill to have in their organization. I see no incentive at all for Carolina to move him unless there's an absolute stud defender coming back the other way.

dulzhok 05-11-2005 05:32 PM

I think Vasichek is over-rated. Too inconsistent. Ya, he put up 19 goals last year, but he also had more powerplay time than any other Canes forward. He was also second on the Canes in total even-strength time for forwards. He had a huge opportunity last year, and in my opinion, he just got by. Nothing spectacular. While he is big, his physical game is inconsistent.

IMO, he's not that different from Denis Arkhipov (edge to Vasichek on phsysical play, edge to Arkhipov on total skills). Had Denis Arkhipov been given the same situation as Vasichek (tons of PP time, tons of ES time), I think he would've put up similar numbers.

As a Preds fan, I'm not that interested in Vasichek.

PJ Wiggum 05-11-2005 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archijerej
I dunno if he can play LW but I think Carolina could find a place for Hall. O'neill can play center or left wing (can he?) and sorry to say that but it doesn't look that Brendl will have long and succesfull NHL career.

I wasn't against the deal or anything I infact thought it was good. My words came out wrong I guess, I only meant to say they would have to make room for him which wouldn't be too hard.