HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   St. Louis Blues (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   GDT: WCQF // Game 6 // St. Louis Blues @ LA Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1426065)

Blanick 05-10-2013 10:49 AM

WCQF // Game 6 // St. Louis Blues @ LA Kings

:blues vs. :kings

AT
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...22.03.2012.jpg

SERIES WATCH
http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/.../Capture-1.png

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/...5Apr300535.jpg

Brown-Kopitar-Williams
King-Richards-Carter
Penner-Stoll-Lewis
Clifford-Fraser-Toffoli

Regehr-Doughty
Martinez-Voynov
Muzzin-Scuderi

Quick
Bernier

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/...2Apr040616.jpg

Schwartz-Backes-Steen
Perron-Berglund-Oshie
McDonald-Sobotka-Stewart
Cracknell-Porter-Reaves

Bouwmeester-Pietrangelo
Leopold-Shattenkirk
Jackman-Polak

Elliott
Halak

**LINEUPS SUBJECT TO CHANGE**

http://www.bluesnews.com/images/new/bluesLogo.gif
Blues need to start scoring
Elliott ready for game 6
Hitch likes how blues are playing
Jeff Gordon:shakehead
Blues keeping hope alive

Carter finds his scoring this series
Blues on brink
Blues confident they can push to game 7
Blues on brink of elimination
Kings still focused on Blues

http://1.cdn.nhle.com/blues/images/u.../blues_fsn.jpg
http://2.cdn.nhle.com/blues/images/u...mox-blues1.jpg

Linus 05-10-2013 11:37 AM

This series is so completely different from last year's. They've been playing really well, and they've definitely proved me wrong. They can win tonight if they play their game well. Be strong defensively and capitalize on scoring chances. This may be the last game of the season, but I'm not going to watch pessimistically. Go Blues!

trevorftw 05-10-2013 11:45 AM

I want to roll the dice with Halak. I know Elliott has played just fine, but i've got a bad feeling about the pressure getting to hi in this game. I wouldn't feel good about trading halak this offseason like a lot of you are alluding to until we get to see him in some high pressure PO games. If he's on top of his game we can start trading chances with LA if we get really desperate for a goal. The blues seem reluctant to try that with Elliott in net.

Daley Tarasenkshow 05-10-2013 11:47 AM

Must win.

Sushiko 05-10-2013 11:53 AM

I don't think they'll win, but I'm just gonna watch it as a Blues game to enjoy like any other game. Might be the last one of the season, which makes me sad, but it's still a Blues game! So of course I'll try to have fun with it anyway. Go Blues!

trevorftw 05-10-2013 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trevorftw (Post 65760495)
I want to roll the dice with Halak. I know Elliott has played just fine, but i've got a bad feeling about the pressure getting to hi in this game. I wouldn't feel good about trading halak this offseason like a lot of you are alluding to until we get to see him in some high pressure PO games. If he's on top of his game we can start trading chances with LA if we get really desperate for a goal. The blues seem reluctant to try that with Elliott in net.

That said, I can't see this happening.

CarvinSigX 05-10-2013 12:08 PM

Will they lose? Probably, but at least we know this team is almost ready to truly contend. Just wait until Schwartz and Frank take over. Those guys will be much better than McDonald and Stewart's performances this year.

Fluff Master 05-10-2013 12:18 PM

Agree, even if we don't take it to the 7th game I'm happy with the series overall. Same for the season as well, not bad for a lockout year and the grind it caused with condensed games. But it's not over yet and I still hold out hope that we can win the next 2.

Let's Go Blues!

bleedblue1223 05-10-2013 12:29 PM

Wonder what changes will happen. Russell or Tarasenko get in? Does Leopold sit? Does a forward from the top 9 sit? Can't imagine that the CPR line is broken up.

ndgt10 05-10-2013 12:31 PM

Why are you guys already conceding the series? You could very well be up 3-2 with the chance to close it out tonight. I think you guys take this to 7 games.

SunDin 05-10-2013 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trevorftw (Post 65760495)

I agree, I dont wanna end this playoffs with the feeling: "what if we had gave Halak a chance for game 6-7?". He stole a bunch of games for Montreal in the playoffs.
I know Elliot has been great, and I dont want to take anything from him. But our Defence is probably the best in the league over 6 players.

Elliot got his chance on April 1, just when the Blues HAD to start winning games, they were outside top8! And by that said, our team just started to work as a TEAM and play the D we can live up to.. This the biggest reason to why Elliot have a low GAA.

Elliot is good, he doesnt steal games, and havent done this playoff either.. Our 2 wins was a teamwin. Or for the most part, its our D who won the 2 games for us.

Im pretty sure we are gonna need our goaltender to steal one for us tonight on the road vs LA.
That said, there is no way they start Halak tonight..:(

Blanick 05-10-2013 12:39 PM

Damnit so much negativity. Come on we can do this. GET PSYCHED. GET PSYCHED.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!:yo::yo::y o:

Halak Ness Monster 05-10-2013 12:48 PM

Blues win 4-2

No reasoning behind it...they just will.

The season, this series can't end tonight.

Thallis 05-10-2013 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ndgt10 (Post 65763051)
Why are you guys already conceding the series? You could very well be up 3-2 with the chance to close it out tonight. I think you guys take this to 7 games.

SirPaste 05-10-2013 01:01 PM

3-2 OT Win, goal by The Schwartz. You heard it here first

JustOneB4IDie 05-10-2013 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blanick (Post 65763481)
Damnit so much negativity. Come on we can do this. GET PSYCHED. GET PSYCHED.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!:yo::yo::y o:

This.

I predicted the Kings in 6. Prove me wrong Blues. Time for hitch to create a line of Sobotka, Stewart, Steen IMO.

Don't let it end this way. Otherwise, it's 46 years and counting and 5 months of HF's GM trade proposals.

Let's Go Blues! :bb:

Oberyn 05-10-2013 01:23 PM

It's all or nothing tonight. If McDonald and Stewart don't show up tonight in the most important game of the year, then they can go **** themselves. Stewart especially, at least McDonald can blame his awfulness partly on him aging, what's your excuse Stewart? I'm expecting a huge game from Schwartz tonight, amazing how a 20 year old can already be seen as a role model for players on the ice. LGB!

Randall Ritchey 05-10-2013 01:30 PM

Same line and D combos as game five.
If we lose, the blame should go on Hitch.

ExJbeck 05-10-2013 01:32 PM

Nah we wont win. The team as a whole didn't look like they wanted last game bad enough. Even if we play good, we just have too many players that don't have the drive to put the team on their back. Stewart, Perron, Amac, Backes, Shattenkirk, Leopold, Berglund, Elliott, HALAK. Thanks for really digging deep to help find how you can still do more and play better. You sure know when to step you game up. Watching all season and right now you can see all of these players haven't done enough. Plain and Simple. We're losing and it's because they aren't reciprocating the same level of intensity and buy-in for one another. Some are closer than others, but the bottom line is that if someone isn't giving their all and playing to the best of their ability for their ice time, then it still isn't enough and the outcome is the same. It will be really good for this team when some of cancer is gone.

Like I expected, the series was going to come down to whichever team has more people doing what they are suppose to and it's the Kings. This entire serious people here have been saying Quick isn't playing like himself, which may be true. But acknowledge he is battling through it and put the team on his back even when he isn't playing his best. Oh yea and we still can't put the puck in the net. We've been outworked, outplayed, out-coached for 2 straight seasons to the same team, where is the desire?.......Need I say more.

Axl Rhoadz* 05-10-2013 01:34 PM

Kings fan here...I must say, after that 1st game, I'm surprised the Kings now have the lead in the series.

I have been thoroughly impressed with the forecheck and the tenacity of the Blues in this series....kudos to them. If the Blues get out of this series, I wouldn't be surprised to see them challenging for a spot in the Cup final. Good luck.

Alklha 05-10-2013 01:46 PM

Win tonight, and I'm going to make sure that I'm in St. Louis for Game 7. My flight will be leaving just over 3 hours after regulation is scheduled to end, so we had better get the job done in 60 minutes tonight.

Twisted Blue 05-10-2013 02:10 PM

Sticking with the "Breaking Bad" theme...Blues pull it off even though things look bad and beat the Kings tonight to bring on game 7.

Skew06 05-10-2013 02:15 PM

We need to play a full 60 minutes. This means taking our momentum from period to period. We didnt do that in game 5... We came out of the first period playing strong, started off the second period by letting them score in the first minute of the period. We came back with a steen snipe, momentum blues, finished the period strong....Just for Carter to score another goal on a horrible horrible defensive blunder within the first minute of the period again. We finish the third period with a lucky (but clutch) goal in the last minute.

Then comes the overtime goal which still haunts me in my sleep watching that puck go through Elliott's legs.

Hey Hitch....Mcdonald can't play in a physical playoff series like this. Hes totally out of his element. Put in someone who wants to be there and will contribute ten fold to the lineup by replacing him with Tarasenko. Its not October, its a 7 game playoff series. Quit waiting for Mcdonald to magically get hot because it's not going to happen. Theres more to hockey than just winning a faceoff.

BlueDream 05-10-2013 02:21 PM

I think we can win this.

This team has played too good this series to lose 4 in a row. They don't deserve that. Now I realize the Blues franchise is cursed and we never get good luck but maybe just maybe this one time we will... :help:

Skew06 05-10-2013 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueDream (Post 65769431)
I think we can win this.

This team has played too good this series to lose 4 in a row. They don't deserve that. Now I realize the Blues franchise is cursed and we never get good luck but maybe just maybe this one time we will... :help:

Do you mean the Scotty Bowman curse?

http://answers.bettor.com/images/Art...ates-75949.jpg

We're *****ed.