HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Detroit Red Wings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Trying to make sense of next year... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1426817)

Frk It 05-11-2013 12:40 PM

Trying to make sense of next year...

--So as of right now Bertuzzi and Samuelsson are both healthy and playing, and both guys have a year on their contract. Unless they retire (which I doubt), you have to figure they'll be back next year since Holland usually doesn't buy guys out.
--Cleary hasn't played bad in the playoffs, and I will be VERY surprised if he doesn't get extended and come back next year.
--Have to figure Helm will be healthy by next fall with the rest and whatnot he has had.
--Filppula is probably going to walk, unless he drops his asking price substantially.
--With the # of contracts we have, we will again have no room for Tatar.

So what does that leave us with??? (outside of free agency)

Seems like we will have to split zetterberg and franzen unless we sign a free agent center or put Franzen at center.

Franzen-Zetterberg-Brunner
Nyquist-Datsyuk-Abdelkader
Cleary-Helm-Samuelsson
Bertuzzi-Andersson-Tooto
Emmerton
Eaves

Kronwall-Ericsson
Smith-Dekeyser
Kindl-Quincey
CC
Lashoff

Howard
Gustavsson/Mrazek

Yikes... Do we even have the option to go after free agents with the amount of guys we have under contract?

Are we going to be forced to buy some guys out to drop some dead weight???

I really hope all of Cleary/Bertuzzi/Samuelsson are gone next year but I have a funny feeling that will not be the case.

Vladdy84 05-11-2013 01:00 PM

That Malik guy seems to think that Cleary, Flip, Miller, White will all be gone.

I could see the Wings buying out Sammy. Tatar will be on the team next year. Still believe the Wings need to be very active in the offseason in acquiring a goal scoring winger for Pavel.

aar000n 05-11-2013 01:02 PM

I wonder if bertuzzi will be back next year. He's been hurt all year with the back and his age. And we do not need cleary back.

TatarTangle 05-11-2013 01:27 PM

Veteran, injury-prone depth wins you hockey games, not youth - Ken Holland

Kronwalled55 05-11-2013 01:53 PM

What I think we'll see

Franzen - Zetterberg - Filppula
Bertuzzi - Datsyuk - Abdelkader
Nyquist - Helm - Brunner
Emmerton (I know he's a C, but he might move?) - Andersson - Eaves
*Tootoo & Miller

Kronwall - Ericsson
DeKeyser - Quincey
Kindl - Smith
*Colaiacovo

Samuelsson will get bought out, and Holland will let Cleary walk. Kenny will overpay Filppula and re-sign Brunner. I think Miller will get re-signed too, and will alternate spots with Eaves on a regular basis.

TatarTangle 05-11-2013 02:04 PM

If I'm Tatar and I'm not on the team full-time next year I'd be demanding a trade. I don't know what else he has to do.

Shoalzie 05-11-2013 02:05 PM

I think Andersson has unseated Emmerton as the 4th line center...assuming Helm goes back to the third line. Brunner and/or Nyquist need to be on a scoring line and Tatar should either be in the lineup or be traded...dude is crushing in the AHL playoffs right now.

Out of the old guys, Bertuzzi can stay if he can stay healthy but Cleary and Sammy...buhbye!

On defense, I'd want to Quincey the hell out but they won't...I'd rather have Scuderi-like guy paired with Smith.

Frk It 05-11-2013 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kronwalled55 (Post 65829699)

Samuelsson will get bought out, and Holland will let Cleary walk.

We're talking about the same Ken Holland right? The Red Wings GM?

Kronwalled55 05-11-2013 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frk It (Post 65830273)
We're talking about the same Ken Holland right? The Red Wings GM?

Babcock is the one with the Cleary obsession. I'm not sold that Kenny is too.

The Samuelsson situation is hit or miss. He was hurt all season, and he's mediocre right now. The signing seemed desperate at the time, and he got a 2 year deal. I'm not saying he will be gone for sure, but I'm thinking Holland will make the right decision :nod:

Crymson 05-11-2013 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDrake (Post 65828619)
Veteran, injury-prone depth wins you hockey games, not youth - Ken Holland

Feel free to go root for a team that doesn't make the playoffs every season.

SoupNazi 05-11-2013 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kronwalled55 (Post 65830607)

The Samuelsson situation is hit or miss. He was hurt all season, and he's mediocre right now. The signing seemed desperate at the time, and he got a (3) year deal IIRC off the top of my head. I'm not saying he will be gone for sure, but I'm thinking Holland will make the right decision :nod:

Sammy is on a two year deal.

InjuredChoker 05-11-2013 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kronwalled55 (Post 65830607)

The Samuelsson situation is hit or miss. He was hurt all season, and he's mediocre right now. The signing seemed desperate at the time, and he got a (3) year deal IIRC off the top of my head. I'm not saying he will be gone for sure, but I'm thinking Holland will make the right decision :nod:

2yr, gone after next season.

TatarTangle 05-11-2013 02:36 PM

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Abdelkader
Tatar - Bozak* - Franzen
Nyquist - Helm - Brunner
Tootoo - Andersson - Sheahan

*I'm guessing he'll stay in Toronto though

Third line is marshmallow soft

Zetterberg4Captain 05-11-2013 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crymson (Post 65830701)
Feel free to go root for a team that doesn't make the playoffs every season.

yah take that...

Wolverine Wings 05-11-2013 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frk It (Post 65827051)
--So as of right now Bertuzzi and Samuelsson are both healthy and playing, and both guys have a year on their contract. Unless they retire (which I doubt), you have to figure they'll be back next year since Holland usually doesn't buy guys out.
--Cleary hasn't played bad in the playoffs, and I will be VERY surprised if he doesn't get extended and come back next year.
--Have to figure Helm will be healthy by next fall with the rest and whatnot he has had.
--Filppula is probably going to walk, unless he drops his asking price substantially.

Seems like we will have to split zetterberg and franzen unless we sign a free agent center or put Franzen at center.

Cleary-Helm-Samuelsson
Bertuzzi-Andersson-Tooto
Emmerton
Eaves

Kronwall-Ericsson
Smith-Dekeyser
Kindl-Quincey
CC
Lashoff

Howard
Gustavsson/Mrazek

Yikes... Do we even have the option to go after free agents with the amount of guys we have under contract?

I really hope all of Cleary/Bertuzzi/Samuelsson are gone next year but I have a funny feeling that will not be the case.

1. I'm thinkin' those guys are gonna be back too, Bert and Sammy have been decent and on the fourth line it doesn't really matter too much.
2. Cleary and Miller aren't coming back, it simply is time to look in another direction, same with Fil and White. I'd keep Fil if he signs something short-term and preferably cheap, but I think he wants to get paid.
3. Helm should hopefully be back, he's had some bad luck on the injury front and this team really needs him.
4. Tatar will be up full time. He's better than a lot of current Wings and still has room to grow, it simply is time.

ComradeChris 05-11-2013 03:24 PM

Wings make a trade for the Sedins:

:nucks
Howard
Rights to Flippula
Nyquist
Jurco
Sproul
Det 1st
Det 3rd

:wings
Sedin
Sedin
Luongo

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Abdelkader
Sedin-Sedin-Brunner
Tatar-Helm-Samuelsson
Bertuzzi-Andersson-Miller

Kronwall-Ericsson
Smith-Anyone but Quincey
Kindl-Colaiacovo

Luongo
Mrazek

Defenseman free agents I believe are: Visnovsky, Streit, Gonchar, Hainsey, Regher, Scuderi, Murray, Lydman, Roszival

Jurky 05-11-2013 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ComradeChris (Post 65833391)

Howard
Rights to Flippula
Nyquist
Jurco
Sproul
Det 1st
Det 3rd

Sedin
Sedin
Luongo

Sedin-Sedin-Brunner
Tatar-Helm-Samuelsson

Kronwall-Ericsson
Smith-Anyone but Quincey
Kindl-Colaiacovo

Luongo
Mrazek

No thanks to 17.5mil in salary while gutting the farm

PelagicJoe 05-11-2013 03:29 PM

Quote:

Howard
Rights to Flippula
Nyquist
Jurco
Sproul
Det 1st
Det 3rd

Sedin
Sedin
Luongo

Sedin-Sedin-Brunner
Tatar-Helm-Samuelsson

Kronwall-Ericsson
Smith-Anyone but Quincey
Kindl-Colaiacovo

Luongo
Mrazek

Defenseman free agents I believe are: Visnovsky, Streit, Gonchar, Hainsey, Regher, Scuderi, Murray, Lydman, Roszival

That would be a monster lineup (even though I don't like the Sisters.)
That trade wouldn't happen in today's cap-happy NHL either.

TatarTangle 05-11-2013 03:33 PM

Ken Holland would chop off both his testicles before he'd even entertain a trade like that.

It is very intriguing though. Would arguably be the best two lines in hockey.

Townsend Beasley 05-11-2013 03:40 PM

For what its worth, i think the Miller bros end up together in a place not called Detroit.

Hope cleary and to a lesser extent sammy go. Cant really say anything more til after the draft.

The Zetterberg Era 05-11-2013 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dolph Lundgren (Post 65833535)
No thanks to 17.5mil in salary while gutting the farm

Yeah and the downgrade in goal.

Pretty against anything that moves that many players, even if I think the Sedin's are awesome and get a lot of undeserved hate. I don't know if that package gets the Sedin twins anyway. Have no interest in Luongo over Howard, he is older and they really are about the same thing these days anyway.

By the way the Sedin twins would need an Abdelkader type, they wouldn't play with Brunner.

SoupNazi 05-11-2013 04:21 PM

Quote:

Howard
Rights to Flippula
Nyquist
Jurco
Sproul
Det 1st
Det 3rd

Sedin
Sedin
Luongo

:biglaugh:

No.

Capsized 05-11-2013 04:25 PM

Quote:

Howard
Rights to Flippula
Nyquist
Jurco
Sproul
Det 1st
Det 3rd

Sedin
Sedin
Luongo

Sedin-Sedin-Brunner
Tatar-Helm-Samuelsson

Kronwall-Ericsson
Smith-Anyone but Quincey
Kindl-Colaiacovo

Luongo
Mrazek

This will never work. Lydman is damaged goods:D

BinCookin 05-11-2013 05:02 PM

Quote:

Howard
Rights to Flippula
Nyquist
Jurco
Sproul
Det 1st
Det 3rd

Sedin
Sedin
Luongo

Sedin-Sedin-Brunner
Tatar-Helm-Samuelsson

Kronwall-Ericsson
Smith-Anyone but Quincey
Kindl-Colaiacovo

Luongo
Mrazek

Lets pretend Luongo isn't in this... because i just think howard is better.

Z, Pav, Sedin, Sedin? Wow
We are stronger than pittsburgh!!

Still no sniper, but still.

If this was on the table honestly. HONESTLY. Think about it.

D (35)
Z(33)
Sedin (34)
Sedin (34)

Im guessing the ages, but those are close.

I like Tatar and Nyquist alot. But honestly, getting both Sedins would make selling 5 players on the farm worth it.

We would jump to contender instantly.

I would try and keep Kindl and Smith

Honestly though... Vancouver rebuilds completely here. But even though, I don't think our young players are enough. I think the Minnesota Wild could easily trade much more skilled young players than us. I think another team would beat us if the Sedins were on the table.

ThankYouBasedGod 05-11-2013 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frk It (Post 65827051)

Cleary-Helm-Samuelsson
Bertuzzi-Andersson-Tooto
Emmerton
Eaves

Kronwall-Ericsson
Smith-Dekeyser
Kindl-Quincey
CC
Lashoff

Howard
Gustavsson/Mrazek

Where did this Holland doesn't usually buy guys out notion even come from? The only other time you were even allowed too buy out players was after the 2004-05 lockout. Did he not buy out McCarty, Whitney AND Hatcher? Seems like the only opportunity he had too buy out players saw him buying out three of them...