HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Chicago Blackhawks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Q sending message to Stalberg/Saad (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1426897)

Blackhawkswincup 05-11-2013 02:45 PM

Q sending message to Stalberg/Saad
 
Quote:

Chris Kuc‏@ChrisKuc2h
Appears #Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville sending messages to Brandon Saad and Viktor Stalberg by dropping them off Top 4 practice lines.
https://twitter.com/ChrisKuc

Quote:

Tim Sassone ‏@TimSassone2h
Quenneville said both Saad and Stalberg need to be better, thus the white jerseys today at practice. #blackhawks
https://twitter.com/TimSassone

Saad has had struggles you would expect of a rookie but Stalberg again having a poor playoff

coldsteelonice84 05-11-2013 02:55 PM

Short memory I guess, Vik was huge early on.

Blackhawkswincup 05-11-2013 02:56 PM

^
Stalberg had a good game 1 ,, Since then he has been weakest link and MIA on his line

clydesdale line 05-11-2013 03:28 PM

Kinda sucks for Stalberg because in a way, he'll be compared to Bickell alot this summer, and speaking of him.. is usually very solid in the playoffs where it counts. (also takes less dumb penalties surprisingly, and if he isn't scoring, still impacts the game in the playoffs with his grit)

From 10-13 playoffs his numbers: 16 GP 7 G (2 GW), 3 A, 10 P, 4 PIM
Stalbergs from the same time frame: 18 GP 1 G (0 GW), 3 A, 4 P, 15 PIM

Still though, hesitant to give anyone a contract with motivation issues. And it's still early in the playoffs, so hopefully Stalberg turns it around. But he might be costing himself some $ on his numbers so far (could be a good or bad thing if Hawks wanna keep him or not)

HockeySensible 05-11-2013 03:32 PM

Stalberg's been meh, but I didn't think Saad had a poor 1st round. He was noticeable in games 2 and 3, without scoring, and obviously got on the board with an assist in game 5. Also lifted Suter's stick on a dump-in, which created Hossa's opening goal.

Bubba88 05-11-2013 04:51 PM

Saad hasn't played good and is a reason why that line hasn't scored. It's not only his fault, being on the ice all the time with Suter, Brodin, Parise and Koivu hasn't helped him.

Not sure how the lines will look like game 1 with Bolland back and possible Saad or Stalberg bumped down to 4th line LW.

HockeySensible 05-11-2013 04:58 PM

EDIT: Misread.

Bubba88 05-11-2013 05:00 PM

hoss, it's Q so we never know what he will change ;)

Fortyfives 05-11-2013 05:01 PM

Saad took some games to roll in the regular season maybe he just needs the same with the way the playoffs are played.

He's also a 20 year old rookie and while he will be a great top 6 winger I doubt the hawks can rely too much on him in the playoffs. Either way who the hell else would you put at LW?

HockeySensible 05-11-2013 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fortyfives (Post 65836743)
Saad took some games to roll in the regular season maybe he just needs the same with the way the playoffs are played.

He's also a 20 year old rookie and while he will be a great top 6 winger I doubt the hawks can rely too much on him in the playoffs. Either way who the hell else would you put at LW?

Clearly, Ben Smith.

HawksFan74 05-11-2013 05:25 PM

I like it. Perfect time to send a message. It's not just for these two, its for the entire team.

I still don't break up the 3rd line.

DisgruntledHawkFan 05-11-2013 06:07 PM

Seems a bit harsh. Neither have been good, but unless Toews is centering that line its cherry picking blame.

SLarmer28 05-11-2013 10:26 PM

Saad, Stalberg off Blackhawks' top four lines
Saturday, 05-11-2013 4:09 PM
Stanley Cup Playoffs
By Brian Hedger - NHL.com Correspondent

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=6...d=nhl:topheads

Ilrider 05-11-2013 10:35 PM

Bickell said in the Trib he may see some first line action.

SLarmer28 05-11-2013 10:41 PM

Bolland looking forward to return for Blackhawks
Saturday, 05-11-2013 / 3:58 PM
Stanley Cup Playoffs
By Brian Hedger - NHL.com Correspondent

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=6...d=nhl:topheads

Quote:

Emery likely will start on the bench as Corey Crawford's backup, so Bolland's presence in the forward group will make the biggest initial splash. He's played center on the second line almost exclusively this season -- a break from his previous spot as a shut-down center on the third line -- but at practice Saturday he was back on the third line.

Andrew Shaw, who has been centering that line all season and in the first-round series against the Wild, was shifted to right wing on that line, with Bryan Bickell on the left side. That left Michal Handzus centering the second line, between Patrick Sharp and Patrick Kane.

canucks95 05-11-2013 10:55 PM

Saad is going to be in the lineup though right? :S

Tone King 05-11-2013 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canucks95 (Post 65856885)
Saad is going to be in the lineup though right? :S

I would imagine so. But this is Q and he loves experience and wants the team to play with more of an edge.. But I thought Saad played pretty decent last series.

canucks95 05-11-2013 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swanny (Post 65857099)
I would imagine so. But this is Q and he loves experience and wants the team to play with more of an edge.. But I thought Saad played pretty decent last series.

Okay cool.

I didn't think he played poorly either, both top lines pretty much shut each other down.

CPHawksFan 05-11-2013 11:19 PM

So it looks like:

Saad-Toews-Hossa
Sharp-Handzus-Kane
Bickell-Bolland-Shaw
Stalberg-Kruger-Frolik

Looks even more dangerous to me, assuming Bolland returns to some kind of playoff form.

canucks95 05-11-2013 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CPHawksFan (Post 65857551)
So it looks like:

Saad-Toews-Hossa
Sharp-Handzus-Kane
Bickell-Bolland-Shaw
Stalberg-Kruger-Frolik

Looks even more dangerous to me, assuming Bolland returns to some kind of playoff form.

So deep.

Hoping for you guys and the sens in the finals. Would be some great hockey IMO

Bring Back GLR 05-11-2013 11:54 PM

Well Q in the post game seemed pretty worked up. The Hawks after the game 3 loss win the next two at 8-1 margin and he's talking about guys not getting angry enough. That's good tho keep pushing em.

CPHawksFan 05-11-2013 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canucks95 (Post 65858089)
So deep.

Hoping for you guys and the sens in the finals. Would be some great hockey IMO

I'd love for the Sens to take out the Penguins...the Pens look totally beatable after what I saw in the Pens-Isles series.

CPHawksFan 05-11-2013 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bring Back GLR (Post 65858593)
Well Q in the post game seemed pretty worked up. The Hawks after the game 3 loss win the next two at 8-1 margin and he's talking about guys not getting angry enough. That's good tho keep pushing em.

I totally believe the Hawks will play up to their competition...it seemed they weren't really into the Wild series as players just as we weren't really into it as fans.

Bring Back GLR 05-12-2013 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CPHawksFan (Post 65858645)
I totally believe the Hawks will play up to their competition...it seemed they weren't really into the Wild series as players just as we weren't really into it as fans.

That's true, I guess it's hard for them as well to get totally jacked for a team they could beat in their sleep. It's definitely going to get harder so lets see the A Team show up for the next round.

xX Hot Fuss 05-12-2013 12:13 AM

Thought Sadd was playing well. Guess I was wrong


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:12 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.