HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Speculation: Who will land N. Backstrom/M. Smith/R. Luongo/J. Bernier THIS SUMMER? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1427243)

KingPuckChoo 05-12-2013 03:58 AM

Who will land N. Backstrom/M. Smith/R. Luongo/J. Bernier THIS SUMMER?
 
I think...

N. Backstrom will go to either EDM or NYI
M. Smith will re-sign with PHX
R. Luongo will go to either EDM or NYI
J. Bernier will go to CGY or NJ

what do you think?

Sharppi 05-12-2013 04:06 AM

Backs will re-sign.
Smith will go to philly after Bryz is bought out, and suck there after receiving a megacontract.

Luongo goes to NJ
Bernier is traded to Calgary

Bure All Day 05-12-2013 04:06 AM

Lu won't be going to Edm, no way he'll waive to go there... NYI is a possibility, at least it's in the same time zone as his wifey

Bure All Day 05-12-2013 04:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sharppi (Post 65862381)
Backs will re-sign.
Smith will go to philly after Bryz is bought out, and suck there after receiving a megacontract.

Luongo goes to NJ
Bernier is traded to Calgary

That could be interesting

To NJ

Luongo + Edler

To Van

Kovalchuk

?yay or nay?

KingPuckChoo 05-12-2013 04:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bure All Day (Post 65862405)
That could be interesting

To NJ

Luongo + Edler

To Van

Kovalchuk

?yay or nay?

new jersey loses their only scoring? no way

it's time for vancouver to really deflate luongo's value because teams know that vancouver is desperate to solve the goaltending issue

KingPuckChoo 05-12-2013 04:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bure All Day (Post 65862385)
Lu won't be going to Edm, no way he'll waive to go there... NYI is a possibility, at least it's in the same time zone as his wifey

he'll waive if it's his only option

KingPuckChoo 05-12-2013 04:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sharppi (Post 65862381)
Backs will re-sign.
Smith will go to philly after Bryz is bought out, and suck there after receiving a megacontract.

Luongo goes to NJ
Bernier is traded to Calgary

Harding/Kuemper playoff performance brought confidence to Minny that they can turn the page on Backstrom?

i thought Philly was to rely on Mason for the upcoming season?

Face Of Bear 05-12-2013 04:12 AM

NJ will press hard for Bernier

No one will press hard for Luongo

Leafs might kick the tires on Backstrom depending on how Reimer finishes the playoffs

Smith will either re-sign or go to the Isles

PAZ 05-12-2013 04:13 AM

Backstrom - Minny
Smith - Phoenix
Loungo - NJ or NYI
Bernier - LA

CBJWennberg41 05-12-2013 05:09 AM

Backstrom - Minny
Smith - Phoenix
Luongo - Florida
Bernier - Jersey

Bure All Day 05-12-2013 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingPuckChoo (Post 65862431)
new jersey loses their only scoring? no way

it's time for vancouver to really deflate luongo's value because teams know that vancouver is desperate to solve the goaltending issue

He's not worthless just because we want to get rid of him...

If a team has a need to fill, they have to pay for it. Not gunna just give Lu away because we don't need him.

SoupyFIN 05-12-2013 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 (Post 65862827)
Backstrom - Minny
Smith - Phoenix
Luongo - Florida
Bernier - Jersey

You're talking about the Florida Everblades, right?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bure All Day (Post 65863057)
He's not worthless just because we want to get rid of him...

If a team has a need to fill, they have to pay for it. Not gunna just give Lu away because we don't need him.

He's worthless because you have to get rid of him, and your miserable GM has failed to see that for the past year or so. Vancouver should just be happy to get rid of that contract without taking anything near as bad back.

JuniorNelson 05-12-2013 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingPuckChoo (Post 65862315)
I think...

N. Backstrom will go to either EDM or NYI
M. Smith will re-sign with PHX
R. Luongo will go to either EDM or NYI
J. Bernier will go to CGY or NJ

what do you think?

Backstrom, Smith re-sign.

Luongo to Florida Panthers. This is a no-brainer. Gillis will have to climb down off his mountain of rhetoric and pay part of the freight.

Bernier to Montreal. Major shocker! Price is going to NJ, I am guessing.

Aceonfire 05-12-2013 05:50 AM

Edmonton should throw a truck of money at Backstrom. If you can't beat them, sign them.

T-Funk 05-12-2013 05:52 AM

Didn't you hear? We beat him once.

SoupyFIN 05-12-2013 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JuniorNelson (Post 65863113)
Backstrom, Smith re-sign.

Luongo to Florida Panthers. This is a no-brainer. Gillis will have to climb down off his mountain of rhetoric and pay part of the freight.

Bernier to Montreal. Major shocker! Price is going to NJ, I am guessing.

Last offseason? Maybe.

After this season? Nope. While the numbers suggest FLA goalies struggled, they really didn't. Well, Clemmensen did. But Markstrom sure as hell didn't. The injury riddled team left him out to dry on most nights and didn't score enough to compensate for the brainfarts they made.

Markstrom is the future in FLA and the team doesn't need a 6.7 million backup on a eternity contract.

JuniorNelson 05-12-2013 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingPuckChoo (Post 65862435)
he'll waive if it's his only option

I don't think so. He has leverage. The buyout is thirty million. If he can force that, he should. How? He needs only refuse a few more suggestions from Gillis, that will force the issue.

I think it is entirely possible the Canucks move Schneider at that time, rather than pay for the buyout. Gillis knows this. Tallon knows this. They will figure it out. I expect it to be damn costly for Vancouver.

JuniorNelson 05-12-2013 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoupyFIN (Post 65863149)
Last offseason? Maybe.

After this season? Nope. While the numbers suggest FLA goalies struggled, they really didn't. Well, Clemmensen did. But Markstrom sure as hell didn't. The injury riddled team left him out to dry on most nights and didn't score enough to compensate for the brainfarts they made.

Markstrom is the future in FLA and the team doesn't need a 6.7 million backup on a eternity contract.

I agree with what you say about Florida. They don't need a six point seven million dollar back-up. They should be able to get Luongo for around four, though.

Even then, I agree they aren't gaining a lot. Lu has been a back-up for a year and will be thirty-four.

The real issue here is money. Aquilini will not pay for the buyout. I have doubt that he will even agree to partially pay for salary! I am certain he will find a way to mitigate the thing financially. I imagine the player is going to get screwed, but maybe not. Perhaps they can work out a deal where Florida accepts Lu and some other guy for a bad contract like Upshall?

JJTopper 05-12-2013 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingPuckChoo (Post 65862315)
I think...

N. Backstrom will go to either EDM or NYI
M. Smith will re-sign with PHX
R. Luongo will go to either EDM or NYI
J. Bernier will go to CGY or NJ

what do you think?

I wouldn't want any part of that contract as an EDM fan. Maybe if the Nucks buy him out first. ;)

ck26 05-12-2013 06:21 AM

Smith has made it pretty clear that he wants to get paid and that he's not coming back unless Phoenix sorts out the ownership situation. Basically no Coyotes fans expect to see him back at the Job next year former than two or three games.

Bure All Day 05-12-2013 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoupyFIN (Post 65863149)
Last offseason? Maybe.

After this season? Nope. While the numbers suggest FLA goalies struggled, they really didn't. Well, Clemmensen did. But Markstrom sure as hell didn't. The injury riddled team left him out to dry on most nights and didn't score enough to compensate for the brainfarts they made.

Markstrom is the future in FLA and the team doesn't need a 6.7 million backup on a eternity contract.

5.3, buy him out when he's useless

Derp Kassian 05-12-2013 06:33 AM

N. Backstrom resigns in Minny on a cheaper deal
M. Smith to NJ
R. Luongo NYI or one of the FLA teams
J. Bernier NYI

JJTopper 05-12-2013 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bure All Day (Post 65863375)
5.3, buy him out when he's useless

Riiiight. I'm sure Florida's owner would be thrilled with this plan. Just throw away a boatload of money because your GM can't manage the cap properly. Not to mention you still take a cap hit (albeit a smaller one) when you do buy him out. Have fun with that...

Bure All Day 05-12-2013 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJTopper (Post 65863447)
Riiiight. I'm sure Florida's owner would be thrilled with this plan. Just throw away a boatload of money because your GM can't manage the cap properly. Not to mention you still take a cap hit (albeit a smaller one) when you do buy him out. Have fun with that...

they'll be happy just to meet the cap floor, why not

SoupyFIN 05-12-2013 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JuniorNelson (Post 65863205)
I agree with what you say about Florida. They don't need a six point seven million dollar back-up. They should be able to get Luongo for around four, though.

Even then, I agree they aren't gaining a lot. Lu has been a back-up for a year and will be thirty-four.

The real issue here is money. Aquilini will not pay for the buyout. I have doubt that he will even agree to partially pay for salary! I am certain he will find a way to mitigate the thing financially. I imagine the player is going to get screwed, but maybe not. Perhaps they can work out a deal where Florida accepts Lu and some other guy for a bad contract like Upshall?

IMO at this point, the only way Lu ends up back as a Panther is through a buyout (which won't happen IMO), and even then I'd doubt why he'd sign with FLA when there's teams lining up for his services as a number 1. He'd be in another Schneider situation with Markstrom if he signed there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bure All Day (Post 65863375)
5.3, buy him out when he's useless

Lu gets paid 6.7 until 2018, you should know that by know as a Vancouver fan.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bure All Day (Post 65863579)
they'll be happy just to meet the cap floor, why not

Shows how much you know about the team.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:37 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.