HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: NYR/EDM blockbuster (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1427295)

Kris Chreider 05-12-2013 09:21 AM

NYR/EDM blockbuster
 
Edmonton gets:

Marc Staal
Chris Kreider
Brian Boyle

New York gets

Jordan Eberle
Jeff Petry
Magnus Paajarvi-Swenson

Eddy gets their top six power forward with speed and the #1 D-man they've been looking for, and an okay 3/4C. Rangers need some more scoring and a little depth, and get a top-4 D to bolster the defense.

Hagelin-Stepan-Callahan
Nash-Brassard-Eberle
Paajarvi-Richards-Zuccarello
Clowe-Miller-Dorsett

McDonagh-Girardi
Del Zotto-Petry
Moore-Stralman

Hall-RNH-Hemsky
Kreider-Gagner-Yakupov
Jones-Horcoff-Lander
Hartikainen-Boyle-Smyth

Staal-Schultz
Schultz-Whitney
Fistric-Potter

(Sorry if Edmonton's lines are off.)

Championship* 05-12-2013 09:42 AM

please....just stop...

JustinCider 05-12-2013 10:05 AM

Not a chance from Edmonton. Staal's a UFA in 2 years, and more than likely will be signing in Carolina with his brothers. Boyle's a third liner, and Kreider is far from proven. Way too much leaving Edmonton.

Kulleroinen* 05-12-2013 10:05 AM

Where is this top 6 power forward?

Trafalgar Law 05-12-2013 10:09 AM

Why would the Oilers do this?

broc 05-12-2013 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kulleroinen (Post 65866033)
Where is this top 6 power forward?

Apparently Chris Kreider is a top 6 power forward, lol

jumptheshark 05-12-2013 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustinCider (Post 65866003)
Not a chance from Edmonton. Staal's a UFA in 2 years, and more than likely will be signing in Carolina with his brothers. Boyle's a third liner, and Kreider is far from proven. Way too much leaving Edmonton.

pretty much this-- That is one reason why the rangers wont be trading away any of the d who actually wants to stay in NY any time soon

I think you could see Staal to the canes at the draft

Lawson624 05-12-2013 12:29 PM

Edmonton thinks about if its mchdonagh and haglin instead of staal and krieder

Spawn 05-12-2013 12:29 PM

Drop out all the other pieces, it all revolves around Staal for Eberle. That trade probably makes the Oilers a better hockey team. Problem is that the Oilers have Eberle locked up for another 6 years where as they would only have Staal for two.

Staal's injuries concern me too. The Oilers have had enough problems over the past few years with guys with injuries. Staal has missed 1/2 the games over the past 2 seasons. That scares me off.

jumptheshark 05-12-2013 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spawn (Post 65870181)
Drop out all the other pieces, it all revolves around Staal for Eberle. That trade probably makes the Oilers a better hockey team. Problem is that the Oilers have Eberle locked up for another 6 years where as they would only have Staal for two.

Staal's injuries concern me too. The Oilers have had enough problems over the past few years with guys with injuries. Staal has missed 1/2 the games over the past 2 seasons. That scares me off.

8 years of Eberle vs 2 years of Staal? that is what scares me

bernmeister 05-12-2013 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kris Chreider (Post 65865165)
Edmonton gets:

Marc Staal
Chris Kreider
Brian Boyle

New York gets

Jordan Eberle
Jeff Petry
Magnus Paajarvi-Swenson

Eddy gets their top six power forward with speed and the #1 D-man they've been looking for, and an okay 3/4C. Rangers need some more scoring and a little depth, and get a top-4 D to bolster the defense.

Hagelin-Stepan-Callahan
Nash-Brassard-Eberle
Paajarvi-Richards-Zuccarello
Clowe-Miller-Dorsett

McDonagh-Girardi
Del Zotto-Petry
Moore-Stralman

Hall-RNH-Hemsky
Kreider-Gagner-Yakupov
Jones-Horcoff-Lander
Hartikainen-Boyle-Smyth

Staal-Schultz
Schultz-Whitney
Fistric-Potter

(Sorry if Edmonton's lines are off.)


No thank you I prefer the guys we have in those 2 groups,

Kershaw 05-12-2013 01:43 PM

Why do we want Eberle again?

lakai17 05-12-2013 01:51 PM

A) Del Zotto + Stepan for Eberle

B) Callahan + Moore for Eberle

lakai17 05-12-2013 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kershaw (Post 65872837)
Why do we want Eberle again?

Offensive production gets you wins.




Roof Daddy 05-12-2013 04:41 PM

What about 7th overall, 2014 1st rder, Marincin for McDonagh?

Trafalgar Law 05-12-2013 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kershaw (Post 65872837)
Why do we want Eberle again?

For what you're giving up, the Rangers would do the OP without blinking.

apice3* 05-12-2013 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kershaw (Post 65872837)
Why do we want Eberle again?

Is this a serious question?

Your team is in the basement of the league in terms of goals scored. Is that a good reason?

lakai17 05-12-2013 06:35 PM

Paajarvi and Petry going under the radar.

Gardner McKay 05-12-2013 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lawson624 (Post 65870177)
Edmonton thinks about if its mchdonagh and haglin instead of staal and krieder

And Sather can't stop laughing.

Trafalgar Law 05-12-2013 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clowe Me Maybe (Post 65899665)
And Sather can't stop laughing.

How so?

Eberle=McDonagh
Paajarvi<Hagelin
Petry>>Boyle

Not that far off value wise.

Djp 05-13-2013 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kris Chreider (Post 65865165)
Edmonton gets:

Marc Staal
Chris Kreider
Brian Boyle

New York gets

Jordan Eberle
Jeff Petry
Magnus Paajarvi-Swenson

Way too much on Edmonton's part.

Staal is going to walk and go to carolina in a few years.

Kreider is a reach in being a top 6 forward.

Boyle is a 3rd liner.

MPS and Eberle are both top 6 potential player.

If Edmonton is oing to move Edmonton for more character guys..I think there are better character guys out there.

lakai17 05-13-2013 12:49 AM

Marc Staal doesn't play with any intensity whatsoever and Brian Boyle is a bottom six player slower than Ryane Clowe.

pld459666 05-13-2013 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apice3 (Post 65886513)
Is this a serious question?

Your team is in the basement of the league in terms of goals scored. Is that a good reason?

If by basement you mean 13th in the league, then yeah, I agree we are a basement scoring team.

That said, I do believe we need more consistent scoring, but please get your fact straight.

pld459666 05-13-2013 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lakai17 (Post 65919811)
Marc Staal doesn't play with any intensity whatsoever and Brian Boyle is a bottom six player slower than Ryane Clowe.

None of the Rangers D plays with the outward showing of emotion or intensity that you may be looking for, yet they are one of the better groups in the league.

I'd rather have a good to great shut-down defenceman than an intense one that is half as good.

but, hey, that's just me.

pld459666 05-13-2013 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lakai17 (Post 65873165)
A) Del Zotto + Stepan for Eberle

B) Callahan + Moore for Eberle

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

you funny guy. You make joke.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:15 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.