HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Edmonton Oilers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   I made it (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=14274)

The New Dynasty 09-25-2003 10:13 AM

I made it

not that it is like an NHL team but I made it onto Junior C in calgary for crowchild. I hadn't played in a year so I was a little worried but I worked hard an made it. Just thought I would let you guys know if you ever wanted to come watch some half decent hockey (its free). If you do come I am the 6'6 defender most likely wearing number 44.

creative giant* 09-25-2003 10:16 AM

what age group is junior again?

Cerebral 09-25-2003 01:07 PM

Craziness.. I'll see you out there New Dynasty! I'm playing Junior C for Westwood.. :) I've played Div1/AA my whole life but I have no time with university etc to commit the time this year.. I'll be looking for #44, I like to hit big guys.. they fall harder ;)

The New Dynasty 09-25-2003 04:40 PM

Junior is the 18-20 year old age group

and Cerebral what is your number going to be just so I don't hurt you to bad.

lol ;) :yo:

LoudmouthHemskyfan#1 09-25-2003 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The New Dynasty
Junior is the 18-20 year old age group

and Cerebral what is your number going to be just so I don't hurt you to bad.

lol ;) :yo:

Isn't it 18-21? I thought it was 4 years.

Cerebral 09-25-2003 05:18 PM

Hehe i'm number 12.. i guarantee your team hates me by the end of the year! I pretty much play like Smyth.. i'm either grinding in the corners or standing in front of the net and tipping in anything shot at me ;)

elphy101 09-25-2003 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The New Dynasty
not that it is like an NHL team but I made it onto Junior C in calgary for crowchild. I hadn't played in a year so I was a little worried but I worked hard an made it. Just thought I would let you guys know if you ever wanted to come watch some half decent hockey (its free). If you do come I am the 6'6 defender most likely wearing number 44.

Congrats man, I wish I lived down south. My junior "B" up north folded last year, so I'm stuck watching instead of playing. Beer leagues just aren't the same unfortunately.

Vyse64 09-25-2003 09:12 PM

isn't Jr league 16-20

last year I played in a rec league that had 18-20 yr olds and we played against a Jr B team in Edmonton we won 6-3 :D

btw congrats man nice to see people make Jr

Cerebral 09-25-2003 09:38 PM

Here in Calgary i believe it is 18-20.. i'm not 100% sure though, the age limits for various divisions have been changing on a yearly basis, i'm just getting confused! I'm just playing to try and get back in decent shape this year.. apparently lifting a beer mug and setting it back down doesn't constitute "exercise" .. alas :(

shazata69 09-26-2003 08:48 AM

Ha

Junior C? hahaha why dont tehy just call it Junior Beer League

Cerebral 09-26-2003 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shazata69

Laugh all you want.. I actually agree, it essentially is a Beer League :D I don't think any of use playing there have any aspirations of going anywhere with hockey.. it's just a fun way to keep in shape and get out a bit of aggression! I would however like to meet you out on the ice.. Junior C is also known as the fight league ;)

Izzy4Real 09-26-2003 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shazata69

And Why don't you shut the **** up if you have nothing worthwhile to say?

He said he worked hard and made the team he was striving to make, if your going to just say something to cut him down, simply don't post!

Theres a reason our board is regarded as one of the higher end ones on HFBoards, and the reason is we don't like insulting people. Pessimistic trolls like you should stay the hell off, or put something intelligent together when you post.