HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   GDT: ECQF #7 - 5/13/2013 | Rangers @ Capitals | 8:00 PM - MSG, NBCSN, TSN (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1427959)

Loffen 05-13-2013 02:32 AM

ECQF #7 - 5/13/2013 | Rangers @ Capitals | 8:00 PM - MSG, NBCSN, TSN
 


THE MATCHUP
2013 EASTERN CONFERENCE QUARTER FINALS
GAME #7 - 5/13/2013



http://cdn.nhl.com/rangers/images/logos/extralarge.png @ http://cdn.nhl.com/capitals/images/logos/extralarge.png
(3) ____________ (3)



TIME 8:00 PM ET
ARENA VERIZON CENTER - WASHINGTON, DC
TV MSG, NBCSN, TSN, RDS2, CSN-DC





ONLINE STREAMS/RADIO
ONLINE STREAMS: FRS - MyP2P - STREAMO - KS.com: 720p (VLC Player required) | RADIO FEED: CLICK HERE




NEWS & NOTES





QUOTES TO NOTE

You don’t always have to end up on the scoresheet. I think I played pretty well, I still think I can do better.
I feel I’ve gotten better and better but that’s to be expected as long as I was injured. I’m just ready for the challenge tomorrow. That’s all I care about.
- Derek Dorsett


We needed it and I can't wait to go to Washington and play another Game 7. There was a lot of desperation out there. We showed a lot of character and we worked really hard.
The last couple shifts, it was that type of game where we paid the price, big blocks and played physical all night. Great win.
- Henrik Lundqvist


The regular-season stuff means nothing, you make your legacy as a player in these type of situations.
A number of our guys last year had a blast playing in these games. Some guys handle it. Some guys don't.
I don't want to use that, this is what you play for, but that's what you play for, is to get yourself into this type of situation and see what type of character you have as a player and as a team.
- John Tortorella






WASHINGTON CAPITALS

http://cdn.nhl.com/img/team/was_comp.gif



TEAM STATS:

GP 6 GF 12
W 3 GA 11
L 3 GF/G 2.00
HOME 3-0 GA/G 1.83
AWAY 0-3 PIM/G 10.3
STREAK L1 PP% 21.4
FO% 49.3 PK% 92.3


TEAM LEADERS:

Goals Mike Green 2
Assists Perreault, Ward 3
Points Green, Perreault, Ward 4
+ / - Karl Alzner +4
Shots Alex Ovechkin 29
Hits Alex Ovechkin 21
Blocks John Carlson 22
PIM Brouwer, Ward 6
FO% Nicklas Backstrom 54.0
TOI/G F: Alex Ovechkin 21:00
TOI/G D: Mike Green 25:34


PROJECTED LINES:

LW C RW
Marcus Johansson Nicklas Backstrom (A) Alex Ovechkin (C)
Eric Fehr Mike Ribeiro Troy Brouwer
Jason Chimera Mathieu Perreault Joel Ward
Matt Hendricks Jay Beagle Tom Wilson

LD RD
Karl Alzner Mike Green (A)
John Erskine John Carlson
Jack Hillen Steven Oleksy

Scratched
Joey Crabb
Philipp Grubauer
Tomas Kundratek
Dmitry Orlov
Cameron Schilling
Nate Schmidt
Aaron Volpatti
Jeff Schultz
Wojtek Wolski


STARTING GOALIE:

http://www2.dailyfaceoff.com/media/h...tbyBraden1.png
Braden Holtby

GPI: 6 W: 3 L: 3
SV% .938 GAA: 1.77 SO: 1


INJURIES / SUSPENSIONS / MISC:

Martin Erat Wrist (DTD)
Tom Poti Back (IR)
Brooks Laich Groin (IR)







NEW YORK RANGERS

http://cdn.nhl.com/img/team/nyr_comp.gif



TEAM STATS:

GP 6 GF 11
W 3 GA 12
L 3 GF/G 1.83
HOME 3-0 GA/G 2.00
AWAY 0-3 PIM/G 6.3
STREAK W1 PP% 7.7
FO% 50.7 PK% 78.6


TEAM LEADERS:

Goals Boyle, Brassard, Step 2
Assists Derick Brassard 5
Points Derick Brassard 7
+ / - Dan Girardi +4
Shots Rick Nash 20
Hits Ryan Callahan 28
Blocks Dan Girardi 21
PIM Callahan, Dorsett 6
FO% Brian Boyle 54.9
TOI/G F: Derek Stepan 23:48
TOI/G D: Dan Girardi 26:54


PROJECTED LINES:

LW C RW
Carl Hagelin Derek Stepan Ryan Callahan (C)
Rick Nash Derick Brassard Mats Zuccarello
Derek Dorsett Brian Boyle Taylor Pyatt
Chris Kreider Brad Richards (A) Arron Asham

LD RD
Ryan McDonagh Dan Girardi (A)
Michael Del Zotto Anton Stralman
John Moore Steve Eminger

Scratched
Matt Gilroy
Roman Hamrlik
Kris Newbury
Micheal Haley
Stu Bickel
Ryan Bourque
Brandon Mashinter
Dylan McIlrath
Jason Missiaen
J.T. Miller
Brandon Segal
Christian Thomas


STARTING GOALIE:

http://www2.dailyfaceoff.com/media/h...istHenrik2.png
Henrik Lundqvist

GPI: 6 W: 3 L: 3
SV% .937 GAA: 1.91 SO: 1


INJURIES / SUSPENSIONS / MISC:

Ryane Clowe Upper body (DTD)
Darroll Powe Upper body (DTD)
Marc Staal Vision issues (DTD)
Mike Sauer Concussion (IR)





http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/2097/banner22nx.png
Heads Up: The GDT is work in progress.


17futurecap 05-13-2013 02:37 AM

For what is hopefully not the last time this season, LETS GO RANGERS!

Lorb 05-13-2013 02:40 AM

So many things to say and think but it's just LGR!

The Lunatic Fridge 05-13-2013 02:42 AM

LGR !
Despite likely injuries, Hopefully Nash taps into some beast mode and seals the series.

PMII 05-13-2013 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCresty (Post 65928979)
So many things to say and think but it's just LGR!

Couldn't have said it better.

LGR.

Callagraves 05-13-2013 02:45 AM

Let's do it Rangers!

I Eat Crow 05-13-2013 02:57 AM

Win.

Holocene 05-13-2013 02:58 AM

I think I'll need to leave the house if it goes to OT. I'm not sure my nervous system would be able to handle it.

5 4 Fighting 05-13-2013 02:58 AM

LGR!

Kind of scary to see MDZ slotted into the top 4...

All I'm asking for is to put the close encounters of the 4th kind (Ribeiro) on his ass. Anything else is gravy, I didn't like that cross check he gave to Stralman.

Watch out for Boyle, and Moore tonight!

PMII 05-13-2013 03:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by First Man In (Post 65929237)
LGR!

Kind of scary to see MDZ slotted into the top 4...

All I'm asking for is to put the close encounters of the 4th kind (Ribeiro) on his ass. Anything else is gravy, I didn't like that cross check he gave to Stralman.

Watch out for Boyle, and Moore tonight!

Eh, DZ had a very solid game six, IMO.

Net Front Presence 05-13-2013 03:02 AM

So nervous. Lets do it.

5 4 Fighting 05-13-2013 03:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian Boyle (Post 65929261)
Eh, DZ had a very solid game six, IMO.

With Michael, it goes beyond individual games, he still seems too timid in his own zone, often shying away from contact when going to retrieve dump ins. I watch his tendencies and they don't seem to show me a confident player. He is very inconsistent, one play he may throw a big hit, the next he may hesitate to play a puck because he knows a check is coming.

His body language does not reflect a poised, confident defenseman, he seems to be very easily rattled by other players, which I hope he outgrows ASAP. He needs to focus on power skating this summer, and sharpen up on his decision making behind his net.

Also, shot accuracy,but that goes without saying. I remember last year, he had a great game 7 against Ottawa and against the Caps. I still remember that beautiful goal, lets hope he can recapture some of that scoring prowess, he seems very shaky to me.

PMII 05-13-2013 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by First Man In (Post 65929349)
With Michael, it goes beyond individual games, he still seems too timid in his own zone, often shying away from contact when going to retrieve dump ins. I watch his tendencies and they don't seem to show me a confident player. He is very inconsistent, one play he may throw a big hit, the next he may hesitate to play a puck because he knows a check is coming.

His body language does not reflect a poised, confident defenseman, he seems to be very easily rattled by other players, which I hope he outgrows ASAP. He needs to focus on power skating this summer, and sharpen up on his decision making behind his net.

Also, shot accuracy,but that goes without saying. I remember last year, he had a great game 7 against Ottawa and against the Caps. I still remember that beautiful goal, lets hope he can recapture some of that scoring prowess, he seems very shaky to me.

Good post. I agree entirely on his inconsistency, especially his poise one minute he can look like a legitimate top-end puck carrier, and then the next he looks like an average/below-average 2nd pairing D.

That being said, I feel he has limited his mistakes defensively. I'm more worried about him making a dumb decision in the offensive zone at this point like his play against the Hurricanes, on the Tlusty goal. Even then, those are few and far in between, IMO. He's just a "safe" player at this point, he needs to be more of a factor offensively, and he needs to use his peskiness. He did today, nailing Perrault in the first period.

Wraparounds 05-13-2013 03:39 AM

This is it, ladies and gents. Strap in, it's the second round or bust.

SixGoalieSystem 05-13-2013 03:56 AM

Absolutely hate that its an 8 PM start. That said, just win this thing.

Callagraves 05-13-2013 04:25 AM

All they have to do is win a hockey game.

MAYO 05-13-2013 05:13 AM

I would love CK on the third line and drop Pyatt down on to the fourth line. :shakehead

nyr2k2 05-13-2013 05:41 AM

LGR. We got this one.

5 4 Fighting 05-13-2013 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Callagraves (Post 65929999)
All they have to do is win a hockey game.

Took the words right out of Tortorella's mouth. Followed by, "we just have to make a big play"

5 4 Fighting 05-13-2013 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian Boyle (Post 65929453)
Good post. I agree entirely on his inconsistency, especially his poise one minute he can look like a legitimate top-end puck carrier, and then the next he looks like an average/below-average 2nd pairing D.

That being said, I feel he has limited his mistakes defensively. I'm more worried about him making a dumb decision in the offensive zone at this point like his play against the Hurricanes, on the Tlusty goal. Even then, those are few and far in between, IMO. He's just a "safe" player at this point, he needs to be more of a factor offensively, and he needs to use his peskiness. He did today, nailing Perrault in the first period.

Yes, I agree, we need MDZ to get out of that "safe" mentality and strive to take more risks, put up more points, become more physical.

I feel like Sullivan doesn't see this kids full potential, he can be so much more when his game fully blossoms.

The Gloaming 05-13-2013 05:58 AM

I'll be ******** bricks all day. Please score enough goals to win, Rangers. Pleeeeaaase?

Ail 05-13-2013 06:02 AM

Onslaught please. No overtime coronary inducing nailbiters. I can't take anymore of that ****.

Rick Nash, game winner.

Callagraves 05-13-2013 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by First Man In (Post 65930633)
Took the words right out of Tortorella's mouth. Followed by, "we just have to make a big play"

Both are true statements. I don't want them thinking about any of games 1-6. I don't want them thinking about the next round. I don't want them thinking about the post game scrum, or the struggles we've had scoring. Focus on the play at hand, win a hockey game. That's all.

RangerBoy 05-13-2013 06:13 AM

Rangers are 5-5 in game 7's. 5-0 at home. 1991-92 beat the Devils. 1993-94 beat the Devils. 1993-94 beat the Canucks. 2011-12 beat the Senators. 2011-12 beat the Capitals. 0-5 on the road. Lost to Boston(1938-39),Red Wings(1949-50/Cup finals),Black Hawks(1970-71),Flyers(1973-74)and Capitals(2008-09).

The 8pm start gives Henrik some more time to relax. The game ended at 7pm last night. The Leafs-Bruins game ended between 9:30pm-10pm. Their game starts at 7pm tonight. The Rangers were in their hotel rooms by the time the Leafs game ended.

Hire Sather 05-13-2013 06:14 AM

Do things that result in goals.
Do other things that result in stopping goals.
Put them together and win the hockey game.

Prepare for 4-5 WSH PP's. Green. Bombs away.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:37 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.