HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Panthers Lightning trade (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1428039)

Chacal667 05-13-2013 08:23 AM

Panthers Lightning trade

3rd overall to the panthers for Gudbranson, first in 2014 and second in 2013 + whatever you want...

Do you think a deal could be made between those two teams to reunite Mackinnon and Drouin with the Panthers ?

Prairie Habs 05-13-2013 08:48 AM

If Florida picks Mac (which they should unless Jones magically is available) then they should build around him and Huberdeau up front and keep their young blue chip dmen.

People overrate chemistry in junior. Two high end future NHLers will always dominate junior whether they have chemistry or not just because of the huge difference in skill. This isn't like the Sedins where they have played together their entire lives, it has just been a year or two.

I also don't like trading for prospect because they have chemistry with another prospect as a rule. Most top draft picks will pan out, but what if Mac is a first liner but for whatever reason Drouin is more a 2nd line/ top 9 guy. Prospects are too hard to predict and it would be a huge waste of assets if they don't even play on a line together.

Marchessault Good 05-13-2013 08:57 AM

Kulikov, Shore and 2 2nds?

The Macho Man 05-13-2013 08:57 AM

I just don't see this trade happening within the division from either side. I actually like the value here, but I would not want to trade with the Panthers.

2016cupwinners 05-13-2013 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chacal667 (Post 65933471)
3rd overall to the panthers for Gudbranson, first in 2014 and second in 2013 + whatever you want...

Do you think a deal could be made between those two teams to reunite Mackinnon and Drouin with the Panthers ?

I'm not a fan of Gudbranson. He may turn out fine, but meh. Tampa could use Kulikov and Petrovic, but they don't equal an elite prospect.

Chacal667 05-13-2013 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prairie Habs (Post 65934333)
If Florida picks Mac (which they should unless Jones magically is available) then they should build around him and Huberdeau up front and keep their young blue chip dmen.

People overrate chemistry in junior. Two high end future NHLers will always dominate junior whether they have chemistry or not just because of the huge difference in skill. This isn't like the Sedins where they have played together their entire lives, it has just been a year or two.

I also don't like trading for prospect because they have chemistry with another prospect as a rule. Most top draft picks will pan out, but what if Mac is a first liner but for whatever reason Drouin is more a 2nd line/ top 9 guy. Prospects are too hard to predict and it would be a huge waste of assets if they don't even play on a line together.

it is not about chemistry but just to give the panthers two great and young fowards

CoolburnIsGone 05-13-2013 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chacal667 (Post 65935009)
it is not about chemistry but just to give the panthers two great and young fowards

And they wouldnt already have that with Huberdeau & MacKinnon? You can stick just about anyone with those 2 and that should be a pretty damn good top line in the future. No need to add Drouin as well, especially at the cost that it would take to get him.

pb1300 05-13-2013 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coolburn (Post 65936317)
And they wouldnt already have that with Huberdeau & MacKinnon? You can stick just about anyone with those 2 and that should be a pretty damn good top line in the future. No need to add Drouin as well, especially at the cost that it would take to get him.

For Gudbranson and our 1st next year, Im making that deal. Petrovic can be that physical Dman for us, and while you are right about being able to add anyone to a Mac/Huby tandem, a Drouin-Mac-Huby line would be one of the most lethal lines in the game, eventually.

SoupyFIN 05-13-2013 10:49 AM

Don't think a trade of this caliber would happen between the two teams.

Sparksrus3 05-13-2013 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chacal667 (Post 65933471)

GuDbranson was 3 overall after Taylor and Tyler just 3 years ago. This deal would be a massive overpay by fla.

Aela* 05-13-2013 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparksrus3 (Post 65939769)
GuDbranson was 3 overall after Taylor and Tyler just 3 years ago. This deal would be a massive overpay by fla.

he hasn't really produced though, although he has been pretty good.

Drouin, Mackinnon and Huberdeau would be very good, but I think the Lightning keep him no matter what we offer, because he's a very St. Louis kind of player, and we all know how St. Louis does with Stamkos.

Rschmitz 05-13-2013 12:39 PM

Gudbranson might be the top 4 physical d we are looking for. Massive risk vs massive reward. I like the value here though to look past the risk and I would definitely do this

ShootIt 05-13-2013 12:43 PM

I don't get the fascination of getting Drouin and Mackinnon.

At least at What it would cost

Howboutthempanthers 05-13-2013 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prairie Habs (Post 65934333)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coolburn (Post 65936317)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShootIt (Post 65944839)
I don't get the fascination of getting Drouin and Mackinnon.

At least at What it would cost

All this I agree with. That trade would not be good for the team. That's taking one step forward and 4 steps back. And that's if that line turns out to be anything special at this level. Chances are that line would be temporary just like just about every other line in the NHL. Not to mention the chances of injury to one, two, or all three for an extended period of time. I think the total amount of time that line would stay together potentially could be much lower than a lot of people expected.

More 2004 05-13-2013 01:06 PM

This looks to be one of the best packages we have been offered for the 1st.. I don't think FLA does it though.

Chacal667 05-13-2013 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pb1300 (Post 65938147)
For Gudbranson and our 1st next year, Im making that deal. Petrovic can be that physical Dman for us, and while you are right about being able to add anyone to a Mac/Huby tandem, a Drouin-Mac-Huby line would be one of the most lethal lines in the game, eventually.

I'm a fan of the habs but I think I could become a fan of the panthers too if they could put toghetter a line of Drouin-Mac-Huby

Chacal667 05-18-2013 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparksrus3 (Post 65939769)

Drouin is an awesome prospect and I could bet anything that he have more value than Gudbranson had when he got drafted but I have to admit that the first in 2014 could be to much depending on what the panthers will do the next season.

wunderpanda 05-18-2013 02:37 PM

Wouldn't it be easier if Tampa traded Stamkos to Panthers for the 2nd overall?

Chacal667 05-18-2013 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wunderpanda (Post 66251283)
Wouldn't it be easier if Tampa traded Stamkos to Panthers for the 2nd overall?

LOL nice one, thanks you made me laugh a lil bit here :)

Butchered 05-18-2013 04:57 PM

Were we talking any other team than the Panthers, I'd do this deal in a second. Drouin could be a really elite offensive talent when he matues. Don't want to hand that over to a division team.