HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Habs' off-season moves (all trades, proposals & free agent talk here) III (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1430087)

Account Terminated 05-15-2013 02:01 PM

Habs' off-season moves (all trades, proposals & free agent talk here) III

Last one reached 1,000.

Continue here.

Dagistitsyn 05-15-2013 02:17 PM

I'd see if I could get AK back for a cheaper / short contract to replace Ryder for some 2nd/3rd line scoring.
Bickell would be nice but probably can't afford him.
Sign Bordeleau or someone who can step in when they should.
Look at Steckel for 4th line / faceoffs. I wanted Lapierre back originally, just because its Lappy.. but apparently he has been bad in Vancouver.
Give Moen a short leash, if he doesn't have his **** together after 10 games or so, make a trade.
Regehr/Murray/Scuderi. Don't care if they're slow, we don't need them for their speed.

Or make a big trade for Bobby Ryan / Chris Stewart / Wayne Simmonds.

Monctonscout 05-15-2013 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrowe21 (Post 66099757)
I'd see if I could get AK back for a cheaper / short contract to replace Ryder for some 2nd/3rd line scoring.
Sign Bordeleau or someone who can step in when they should.
Look at Steckel for 4th line / faceoffs.
Give Moen a short leash, if he doesn't have his **** together after 10 games or so, make a trade.
Regehr/Murray/Scuderi. Don't care if they're slow, we don't need them for their speed.

Or make a big trade for Bobby Ryan / Chris Stewart / Wayne Simmonds.

MB doesn't want to give up good/young/cheap assets by trade. The 3 guys you mentionned would cost some of our best young players.

Draft 05-15-2013 02:21 PM

Who are some players, apart from big name guys, that have the "character" Bergevin is looking for? Any in Free Agency?

Dagistitsyn 05-15-2013 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monctonscout (Post 66099955)
MB doesn't want to give up good/young/cheap assets by trade. The 3 guys you mentionned would cost some of our best young players.

No GM wants to give up good young cheap assets by trade. Unless its a good trade.. Simmonds I agree would cost too much. I think Ryan or Stewart could be had with a good trade.

Analyzer* 05-15-2013 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Draft (Post 66099967)
Who are some players, apart from big name guys, that have the "character" Bergevin is looking for? Any in Free Agency?

Craig Adams
Matt Hendricks
Ryan Jones

Matt Hendricks is a heart and soul guy, but he's also a punching bag.

Bordeleau had the same goals and assists as Armstrong.

Monctonscout 05-15-2013 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrowe21 (Post 66100089)
No GM wants to give up good young cheap assets by trade. Unless its a good trade.. Simmonds I agree would cost too much. I think Ryan or Stewart could be had with a good trade.

Still don't see us going that direction. Those deals are for when you are 1-2 pieces from a (potential)cup. Deals like that are for when Galchenyuk is a #1 center on the squad in 2-3 years.

gillyguzzler 05-15-2013 02:33 PM

I was one of those who really enjoyed watching AK46 play. Yes, he could be frustrating at times but also incredible at others. Michel Therrien often praised him on l'Antichambre.

With the lack of decent UFAs, I'd make him a 1 year 2M offer. If he wants to come back and play within MT's rules and system, he would be a very viable option on the right side.

Galchenyuk-Eller-AK46

Sick hands, sick shots - could be a 75 goal third line!

Et le But 05-15-2013 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Analyzer (Post 66100179)
Bordeleau had the same goals and assists as Armstrong.

Armstrong started 32% of his shifts in the offensive zone, Bordeleau 61%. Bordeleau was one of the most sheltered players in the league.

Listen, if you want Bordeleau to punch faces, fair enough. But don't pretend he has any more value than that.

Draft 05-15-2013 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gillyguzzler (Post 66100557)
I was one of those who really enjoyed watching AK46 play. Yes, he could be frustrating at times but also incredible at others. Michel Therrien often praised him on l'Antichambre.

With the lack of decent UFAs, I'd make him a 1 year 2M offer. If he wants to come back and play within MT's rules and system, he would be a very viable option on the right side.

Galchenyuk-Eller-AK46

MT's rules and system - Much better suited to Kostitsyn than Martin/Cunneyworth's or Trotz's.

Le Tricolore 05-15-2013 02:36 PM

Quote:

Galchenyuk-Eller-AK46

http://imagehaul.com/thehauls/758e2a...5cebc3aea5.png

Analyzer* 05-15-2013 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Et le But (Post 66100621)
Armstrong started 32% of his shifts in the offensive zone, Bordeleau 61%.

Armstrong has 1% of offensive skill left compared to Bordeleau's -10.

You have to take into account everything and can't base it on stats. Armstrong you can kinda trust defensive and pks while Bordeleau gets his 5 minutes a game.

le_sean 05-15-2013 02:37 PM

Remember, there could be a lot more good players available with the compliance buyouts. Guys that can still contribute, but were overpaid.

Monctonscout 05-15-2013 02:39 PM

Quote:

Galchenyuk-Eller-AK46

I wouldn't be against it...but we don't know what MB and staff know about him. Is he trouble in the room, is he a guy to buy in to a team's system?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Et le But (Post 66100621)
Armstrong started 32% of his shifts in the offensive zone, Bordeleau 61%. Bordeleau was one of the most sheltered players in the league.

Listen, if you want Bordeleau to punch faces, fair enough. But don't pretend he has any more value than that.

I would take Bordeleau/Orr/Mcgrattan etc in Armstron's spot, but I agree it's a downgrade hockey-wise.

hototogisu 05-15-2013 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by le_sean (Post 66100761)
Remember, there could be a lot more good players available with the compliance buyouts. Guys that can still contribute, but were overpaid.

I know this is completely against the direction everyone wants this team to go in, but I'd kick the tires of Briere for sure if the Flyers buy him out (and if he's healthy...and if he's not asking for a lot).

Et le But 05-15-2013 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Analyzer (Post 66100745)
Armstrong has 1% of offensive skill left compared to Bordeleau's -10.

You have to take into account everything and can't base it on stats. Armstrong you can kinda trust defensive and pks while Bordeleau gets his 5 minutes a game.

The point being, Armstrong was a minutes eater on a fairly good team and Bordeleau was sheltered even on an awful team. Comparing them, or even judging them by their point total is a waste of time.

Both can be considered as 13th/14th forwards for under a million, Armstrong to actually eat minutes and Bordeleau to punch faces. It depends what role needs to be filled. Personally I'd let Armstrong walk because Halpern can do more for not that much more money.

As an otherwise useless face puncher, Bordeleau fits the bill because he's relatively young. I'd be pissed if someone that terrible is brought in as an everyday player though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hototogisu (Post 66100931)
I know this is completely against the direction everyone wants this team to go in, but I'd kick the tires of Briere for sure if the Flyers buy him out (and if he's healthy...and if he's not asking for a lot).

We can't have both Briere and Desharnais on the same team.

ForeverTherrien 05-15-2013 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by le_sean (Post 66100761)

Dijon Phanoof, anyone?

Draft 05-15-2013 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hototogisu (Post 66100931)

I'd love a forward, any forward really, that can play both center and wing in a top-6 role. Would make both Galchenyuk's and Eller's development plan, or rather how I'd like to see them develop, a lot smoother. Weiss would be my first choice but Briere is a possibility too.

Bask 05-15-2013 02:47 PM

oh man all these people wanting AK46 back, am I really the only one who wouldnt touch him with a 10 foot pole?

he's the exact opposite of what Bergevin looks for in a player. terrible work ethic, no heart, no soul, doesn't put any effort on the ice, a guy that will destroy any team spirit

add all of this to the fact that his only decent year in the NHL was during that 104pts season in 08 where he scored 26 goal.

i'd take Kaberle as a forward before signing Kostitsyn

overlords 05-15-2013 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Draft (Post 66101155)
I'd love a forward, any forward really, that can play both center and wing in a top-6 role. Would make both Galchenyuk's and Eller's development plan, or rather how I'd like to see them develop, a lot smoother. Weiss would be my first choice but Briere is a possibility too.

There were a lot of rumours about the habs staff liking filppula not too long ago.

overlords 05-15-2013 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bask (Post 66101277)
oh man all these people wanting AK46 back, am I really the only one who wouldnt touch him with a 10 foot pole?

he's the exact opposite of what Bergevin looks for in a player. terrible work ethic, no heart, no soul, doesn't put any effort on the ice, a guy that will destroy any team spirit

add all of this to the fact that his only decent year in the NHL was during that 104pts season in 08 where he scored 26 goal.

I wonder how much of this is from solid, reputable sources, and not just you talking out of your ass?

gillyguzzler 05-15-2013 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monctonscout (Post 66100885)
I wouldn't be against it...but we don't know what MB and staff know about him. Is he trouble in the room, is he a guy to buy in to a team's system?

We're not privy to the clubhouse but if PK bought into the system and became a team player, why couldn't AK. AK wouldn't be asked or paid to be a Top 3 player, but a Top 9 with expectations of 20 goals and 20 assists. If he can contribute that, at 2M a year, it's a bargain. And, other than the 2M for one year, it wouldn't cost us any current assets.

Draft 05-15-2013 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by overlords (Post 66101367)
There were a lot of rumours about the habs staff liking filppula not too long ago.

I'd be okay with that, he's really good defensively as well. I'd rather him than Desharnais, Ryder or Gionta. Gionta only because I'm worried about his age and injury, how he'll come back to play next year. Heard Filppula was asking for big money but, he is only 29 and doesn't really play a high-impact game.

gillyguzzler 05-15-2013 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bask (Post 66101277)

Your hockey acumen is really showing now!

hototogisu 05-15-2013 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Et le But (Post 66100975)
We can't have both Briere and Desharnais on the same team.

After thinking about it some more, we probably just don't have a fit for him altogether, Desharnais or not. We really only have 1 winger spot in our top 9 up for grabs and I'd rather see it go to a guy who could bring some grit (Bickell, Clowe, Clarkson, etc).

Our fourth line is already tight...White (if kept, Dumont if not), Prust, Moen and ideally an enforcer rotating in 3 spots.

We also already have the same top six on D locked in, and that's excluding Tinordi. Ideally I'd like us to sign a Regehr or a Murray, relegate Bouillon to 7th D, and let Tinordi/Beaulieu/etc stay in Hamilton until there's an injury. But I would definitely shop Diaz to see if we can use him as a chip to both open a slot on D and get something decent in return.

There certainly isn't much wiggle room for Bergevin this year, barring a trade.