HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   OT: Pleased to meet you (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1430643)

Amazing Kreiderman 05-16-2013 10:53 AM

Pleased to meet you

Hey guys, I was just thinking of something that might be fun to do. We all share our joy and pain when the Rangers play and maybe it's fun to get to know each other a big more. Nothing to personal of course, but trivial things like favorite Rangers moment and what other sports you follow.

I will start:

Name:
Pass art by Brassard (formerly known as Amazing Kreiderman and Ezequiel)

Where are you from:
The Hague, Netherlands. Born and raised.

How old:

Rangers fan since:
Early 90's. My uncle brought me a SNES game from the US back in February 1994: Brett Hull Hockey. I started playing and my first game, the CPU at random picked the Rangers. The game was awesome, I started following the Rangers and never changed. The Stanley Cup play-offs were shown on tv here in Holland, on Eurosport I think, but it could be a different sports channel. I watched many games and the Rangers won the cup only months after I got that game. Despite being only 9 years old, I can remember it very vividly.

First Rangers match you attended:
Not yet unfortunately. I am however, saving up to go next year February or March.

Favorite Ranger:
Well, Brian Leetch was my very first Ranger favorite. After that, I've had a bunch of guys I followed with more interest. Petr Nedved, Alex Kovalev and Pavel Bure being others. In recent years, Artem Anisimov and Mats Zuccarello. This season Brassard really stole my heart. What a passing legend!

Best Ranger moment:
Most would probably say the winning of the Stanley Cup and that is a very special moment. Those who were not old enough to remember, I hope it happens soon. Apart from winning the Cup, the 2012 season is quite special. Topping the conference with the stacked Penguins in the same division was wonderful. Unfortunately, we were not able to finish the season with the Cup, but that season will always be high on my list.

Former Rangers you miss:
There's not really that many former Rangers I would like to see back in the blue, but Lauri Korpikoski is definitely one of them. Not only was he a very talented player. We traded him for Enver Lisin! Artem Anisimov is another one I miss. He was part of the Nash-deal, so I am happy with the trade but seeing Arty go did hurt.

Any non-Rangers you like:
Hate to say it, but John Tavares is my favorite non-Ranger in the NHL. The guy is classy, has skill and never gives up. Isles have a real talent with him on the team.

Any other sports:
Here goes! In the NFL, I support the Seattle Seahawks. This comes from a friend of mine who has been supporting them for years after living in Seattle. In football (soccer) I support my local team Ajax Amsterdam and the national team of Uruguay. This comes from the fact my mom is Uruguayan. I also follow rugby. I lived in South Africa for several years and the Natal Sharks from Durban are my team. I am not that into Basketball and Baseball.

How did you find HF Boards:
Actually, I was looking for a place to talk and especially learn more about the NHL. After trying several websites, HF Boards had something none of the others had. A wide group of members, professional lay-out and activity in every section. When I say Game Day Threads having over 1000 posts, I knew this was a good place to stay.

How do you watch Rangers games:
I have many friends, but none who really support the Rangers. I hardly know any guys in Holland who follow the NHL. More the NFL or NBA. Watching the Rangers for me, comes down to either turning on a stream or watching ESPN (when they eventually show the Rangers once a month). Because it's usually night time (6-hour time difference between NYC and Holland) it's difficult but not impossible. My wive sometimes taunts me by saying that I spend more time watching the Rangers than talking to her. Oh well, she understands and she is very lovely. During game 7 against the Caps, I had woken her up 3 times by cheering so loud, she decided to stay up and watch the game with me. She was very impressed by Zucc's deke (the 5-0).

When I do watch games with friends, it's usually them who the game watch with me. But in exchange, I have to cheer for the Indiana Pacers the next day or support the Chicago Bears.

I have to say, watching the game with the GDT open, makes it really fun. For guys like me in Europe, it gives it that extra dimension of being among fans while being on the other side of the world. I am sure the other Euro's can agree on that.

I hope you enjoyed the read and I hope some of you guys take the time to answer the questions yourself.

Bob Richards 07-13-2013 01:06 PM

Edit: Was asked and its the offseason, so why the hell not? :)

Fitzy 07-13-2013 01:11 PM

No personal attacks/criticism required.

Cresto 07-13-2013 02:33 PM

I don't feel comfortable with this. There are no category for eye color or hair color. I like the one from last year better.

JeffMangum 07-13-2013 02:51 PM

Name:
Steve

Where are you from:
North Jersey. Born in Lyndhurst, raised in Bloomfield, currently live in Nutley.

How old:

Rangers fan since:
07-08 playoffs. That Devils/Rangers series is why I'm sitting here today. Can still remember listening to Korpikoski tie game 5 while driving back from Frost Valley.

Preseason game at the Rock. The one where Gilroy scored that crazy goal. Never been to MSG, though.

Favorite Ranger:
Nash, McDonagh, Stepan, Hagelin. Nash was actually my favorite non-Ranger for awhile, was a dream come true seeing him as a Ranger.

Best Ranger moment:
Richards tying the game with 6.6 seconds left in the third, then Staal scoring less than two minutes into the OT period. Zherdev tying the game against the Pens with 8.8 seconds is also up there.

Former Rangers you miss:
Anisimov, Dubinsky, Jagr, Zherdev, Naslund, Drury, probably Boyle soon (:()

Kris Letang is my favorite non-Ranger. John Tavares, Jeff Carter, Jonathan Toews, will fill in more later.

Any other sports:
lirl other sports

Via another hockey forum.

Sitting on my couch/recliner

Added categories:

Favorite HFers:
Not Bob Richards, Guess What, Jon., BN13, Singn, Crusty, The SS, so many to list. Ton of great posters and nice people, here.

Favorite band/artist:
Pink Floyd and Billy Joel, been getting into Dream Theater lately.

Favorite TV Show:
South Park

Favorite movie:
Toy Story

Bob Richards 07-13-2013 02:58 PM

Name:
Bob Richards (Formerly known as Torey Krug Fan who was formerly known as Bob Richards)

Where are you from:
Jersey

How old:

Rangers fan since:
Since birth really. Mama Richards went into labor during Game 6 and I showed up the next day.

Against the Devils at The Rock back in 08? Drury tied the game in the 3rd at 1-1 and shoot out super hero Nigel Dawes won it in the SO.

Favorite Ranger:
Growing up: Petr Prucha, Jaromir Jagr, Niklas Sundstrom. Currently: Lundqvist, Gaborik :(

Best Ranger moment:
Game 3 vs. Atlanta Thrashers, Richards goal, Malik SO goal, Lundqvist 2011 SO vs. Vancouver

Former Rangers you miss:
Jed Ortmeyer, Freddy Sjostrom, Petr Prucha.

Milan Lucic, Gabe Landeskog, Ilya Kovalchuk (LOL RIP), Alex Ovechkin, Joel Armia

Any other sports:
Huge Giants fan (Almost died during both SB's). Enjoy watching both Mets and Yankees. Follow basketball well enough but no real team in particular.

Google search: NY Rangers Forum.

On my TV with my Dad usually.

Kwayry 07-13-2013 02:59 PM

17? Wow, I never thought you were that young.
Geez man, you can't serve in the military, can't vote, can't drink but can be a mod on HF boards. Congrats.

Edit: Not that there is anything wrong with it :D

Cresto 07-13-2013 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kwayry (Post 69171371)
17? Wow, I never thought you were that young.
Geez man, you can't serve in the military, can't vote, can't drink but can be a mod on HF boards. Congrats.

This place when moderated is at best like McDonald's play place.

JohnC 07-13-2013 03:19 PM

Favorite HFers:
Not BB</3

SouthJerseyRanger 07-13-2013 03:24 PM

Name:
SouthJerseyRanger, or Austin

Where are you from:
Cinnaminson, NJ

How old:

Rangers fan since:
1996-97 playoff run.

March 27, 1997. Lost at New Jersey 4-0 :cry:

Favorite Ranger:
Brian Leetch would have to be my favorite historical Ranger. Ryan Callahan my favorite current Ranger. Adam Graves, Pavel Bure, Wayne Gretzky, and Marian Gaborik are also all way up there.

Best Ranger moment:
Winning the 2012 Eastern Semifinal against Washington. Found out what it was like to have a heart attack that lasted almost 3 hours. I was good and drunk for that one; went absolutely ballistic when the clock hit 0.0. What a series.

Former Rangers you miss:
I really miss Dubinksy and Gaborik. I think with the right coach/approach, they could've been part of a championship team.

Pavel Datsyuk and Claude Giroux.

Any other sports:
MLB - New York Mets
NFL - Philadelphia Eagles, San Diego Chargers, and too a lesser extent the New York Jets and New Orleans Saints.

Dickin around on Google, looking for a place to talk Ranger hockey.

Internet + TV packages. Try to get to 3 games a year.

Silence Of The Plams 07-13-2013 03:51 PM

Name:
JOHN

Where are you from:
Buffalo

How old:

Rangers fan since:
I can remember

I can't remember. Been to so many. I remember we lost though...that's it

Favorite Ranger:
Graves. All time it's Graves. Right now it's Girardi.

Best Ranger moment:
When we were down 3-0 against Boston in 2011, and came back to win 5-3... Was there live.Truly amazing.

Former Rangers you miss:
Miss Dubi. Also Arty. But understand that 10/10 times that trade gets made. Liked Prucha too, even after his injury.

Datsyuk, Vanek, Ennis, Miller, most of the Sabres

Any other sports:
MLB - New York Yankees <3
NFL - Buffalo Bills

My friend in our sophomore year of HS told me to go on and post. He doesn't post much anymore.

Streams, TV, going live. Any way I can.

someone stole hank 07-13-2013 03:54 PM

NAME: moore is new mac or jonathan

WHERE YOU FROM: Tulsa, OK :cry: (rest of my family is from brookyln)

RANGER FAN SINCE: since i was 6 years old.. something clicked and now i cant get away from the rangers :yo:

FIRST RANGERS GAME: i forgot the year but it was when the rangers played the blues and jagr scored one of the craziest goals ive ever seen in overtime

FAVORITE RANGER: Jaromir Jagr and currently McD

BEST RANGERS MOMENT: game 5 ECSF last year against caps Richards scoring with 6.6 seconds left

FORMER RANGERS YOU MISS: Jaromir Jagr and AA

NON RANGERS YOU LIKE: Ovechkin and P.K subban

ANY OTHER SPORTS: Mets :cry: Giants :yo:

HOW DID U FIND HF BOARDS: my dad showed me it.. ive been reading everyones posts and finally got a account

HOW DO YOU WATCH RANGER GAMES: direct tv hockey package

Brian Boyle 07-13-2013 03:58 PM

-31-, formerly Jumbo and Flyline24
Canada
Fan since 1995-96.
Watch games on Centre Ice
9.5"
Miss Jagr and Betts
Like Iginla and Couture

Bird Law 07-13-2013 04:04 PM

Name:
Jonathan, obviously.

Where are you from:
Coastal NJ

How old:
27 :(

Rangers fan since:
Since the first season I can remember -- 1991/92. Been watching literally as long as the human memory can recall.

A long time ago. Can't remember the first game, but I was at some of the 93/94 playoff games.

Favorite Ranger:
If I have to pick just one . . .

Jeff Beukeboom.

Best Ranger moment:
Take a wild guess? The Cup.

Former Rangers you miss:
Like current players? Dubi.

My favorite non-Ranger to watch would be Pavel Datsyuk.

Any other sports:
Diehard Giants fan. Unfortunately a big Mets fan. Love to watch F1 and the Aussie Supercar Series. Love to watch NHRA.

The hell if I know.

Now? On the computer :(

silverfish 07-13-2013 04:15 PM

Name:
Adam

Where are you from:
Long Island

How old:

Rangers fan since:
Early 90s. My father isn't from this country, and my mom wasn't a big sports fan growing up. Luckily my older brothers became Rangers fans, and that was the only path I wanted to go down. I think it's kind of cool being a "first-generation" fan of a team. It's something I hope I can pass down to my kids, and start a tradition :laugh:

Oh god. It was anywhere from 1999-2001, a home game against the Red Wings. Rangers lost like 6-0, and by the end of the game everyone was rooting for Detroit :laugh:

Favorite Ranger:
Even though I never saw him play, love Ron Greschner. Loved guys like Jed Ortmeyer, Sandy McCarthy. Dubinsky was always a favorite of mine as well. Stepan, I was following him even before the Rangers drafted him, so that was really exciting.

Best Ranger moment:
Finally lifting the curse and taking out the Caps in last year's playoffs. Also, when Shanahan fought Brashear at center ice that one game. My favorite post-lockout memory.

Former Rangers you miss:
Korpikoski, Dubinsky, Jagr

I like Tavares. Rick Nash was my favorite player in the NHL, so having him is a blast now. I like Steve Ott, too. Oh! And Jack Campbell.

Any other sports:
NFL - Giants
NBA - Knicks
MLB - None

Team I support the most is obviously the Rangers, followed (after a huge gap) by the G-men, and then the Knicks. ELIte.

I actually have no idea. Maybe Google? Maybe someone mentioned it on another board I posted on? I started my hockey message board career on IGN actually :laugh: maybe someone linked to it there :dunno:

In my kitchen, with whoever in my family cares to join. Hopefully I get a salaried job sometime soon, and I can pick up a mini-season plan or something. In college (at Buffalo) I watched in my bedroom on Center Ice for two years, and on my computer with a Slingbox for two years.

Cool thread idea! I wanted to post first to get that going, so now I'll double back to read all your fine answers.

Florida Ranger 07-13-2013 04:15 PM

Name:
Rob or Florida Ranger... Used to be Ranger de FLA and Lundqvist4Vezina

Where are you from:
Born in Rockville Center, NY. Lived in West Babylon. Raised in Tampa, FL since 1999.

How old:
Turned 21 in May.

Rangers fan since:
As long as I can remember. I don't have a point in my life that I can remember and say I was not a fan.

Either Rangers vs Leafs or Rangers vs Whalers anywhere between 96-97. I think it was Rangers/Whalers.

Favorite Ranger:
Lundqvist and McDonagh

Best Ranger moment:
It's hard for me, for some reason, to remember great things. I usually have to have someone on here say something about it and I'll be like "oh yeah!" The Lundqvist domination in Vancouver in 2011 has to be up there. Any time the Rangers win down here in Tampa when I'm at the game. That always gets me pumped. Definitely watching Jagr break the Rangers goal record. Also, when the Rangers beat the Flyers (?) in a shootout to clinch a playoff spot back in 06.
Yes, and when Richards tied Game 5 of the ECQF in 2012. Oh my god was I flipping out. Even more when Staal won it. Man, I loved the 2011-2012 team.

Former Rangers you miss:
It'll always be Jagr. Being young, I only really knew the Rangers as a crap team, dying for the playoffs and to experience those feelings. Then Jagr does his thing in 05-06 and him and Lundqvist carry the team on their backs to the playoffs. Internet and TV for me was more accessbile that year and I was older so I could remember more and get more into the game. His performances made me a huge fan his. I still have his jersey as a Ranger. I'd never get rid of it.

I also miss Prust and Dubinsky.

Usually don't care. I enjoy watching star players play. I guess Stamkos and Kane are my favorite non-Rangers

Any other sports:
Football and Baseball. Love the Giants and I really like the Rays. I don't mind seeing the Yankees and Mets win. I like NY baseball because of my family. I love college football. Big Oklahoma Sooners fan. That's pretty random.

Was told about it. Looked at it and enjoyed it since the beginning.

On my couch. During the playoffs, generally standing up. lol

Added Categories:

Favorite Band: A Day To Remember is my favorite band. Love Parkway Drive, Architects, As I Lay Dying, Of Mice and Men, most of Bring Me The Horizon and I'm getting into Chunk! No, Captain Chunk!. I love heavy music.

I'm probably the only one here that knows what I'm talking about. lol

Favorite TV Show:
Seinfeld. I could watch their shows all day.

Juban912 07-13-2013 04:21 PM

Hi!

Name:
Juban912 (Jewish father + Cuban mother + birthday = username)

Where are you from:
Born on Staten Island, lived in Somerville, NJ since 1995. Currently residing in New Brunswick, NJ.

How old:

Rangers fan since:
Technically since birth. But I started really watching in 1997.

Rangers v. Devils, Fall 1997. Was a bit restless the first time, but I've loved it ever since.

Favorite Ranger:
My first favorite was Pat LaFontaine. My second or third time attending a game at MSG they were handing out 8 1/2 by 11 posters of LaFontaine upon arrival, so for some reason he became my first favorite. Loved Richter, Beuekboom, Leetch, Graves from the late 90's-00's. Since the lockout I can't name one so, Hank, Cally, McD, Ortmeyer, Avery, and a few others.

Best Ranger moment:
Got to see the 2012 Winter Classic and game 5 against the Caps last year in person. WC was obviously great with the atmosphere and the way NYR won, but game 5 was surreal.

Former Rangers you miss:
Dubi, Avery, Betts, Artie, Tyutin.

Kopitar, P. Bergeron, Tavares, Toews

Any other sports:
Watch football every Sunday, NY Giants are the team. I like the Yankees and Knicks, but don't really keep up in general MLB and NBA happenings. Like watching the World Cup and Euro tournaments

Somebody had linked to it years ago in a blog I used to read. Only checked it once in a blue moon because I thought this was the place for hockey conspiracy theorists :sarcasm: Started readily checking it midway through this year and now I'm on every day.

At home, usually just on my couch with beers. Had to switch to my bedroom at one point because they hit a hot streak upon watching a game there. My father's a STH, so he'll take me to four to six games a year, and we try making the trip to Newark (short train ride) or Long Island (90 min. drive).

OTHER QUESTIONS

Favorite band/album/song
Pantera/Colors by Between the Buried and Me/Baba O'Riley by The Who

Favorite restaurant/go-to meal/beverage
Fast food: Chipotle, actual restaurant: Jose Tejas/Turkey Sub/Guinness

Jerseys owned
Home Lundqvist, vintage away sweater (New York instead of Rangers on the front.

Tanner Glass 07-13-2013 04:23 PM

Name:
Nils

Where are you from:
Born in Austria, moved to NY when I was like 8, and have been living all over Queens

How old:
15. yeah.

Rangers fan since:
I moved to New York during the 2005-2006 season

Jan. 3rd 2006, 1-0 OT Loss to the Lightning. Prospal won the game in OT, the shutout was gotten by lifelong scrub, John Grahame

Favorite Ranger:
Staal, Hagelin, Callahan, Biron, Dubinsky (in my heart)

Best Ranger moment:
Dubi beating up Ovechkin
Dubi beating up on Richards a few times
Dubi ******** on Crosby
Winter Classic (+ attending)
Last year's playoffs

Former Rangers you miss:
Zherdev, Shanahan, Jagr, Hossa, Tyutin, Malik

I <3 Patty Kane, Stamkos, Ovechkin, Vanek

Any other sports:
Bigger soccer than hockey fan. Chelsea and VfB Stuttgart
Casual Mets, Giants, and Tennis fan

No idea. Probably searching up hockey news

Half at MSG, Half on TV. Sometimes on streams

Added categories:

Favorite HFers:
lol, not BB

Favorite band/artist:
Imagine Dragons, Billy Joel, Queen, Macklemore, Daft Punk, Mumford and Sons, Muse, Green Day

Favorite TV Show:
Arrow, Breaking Bad, LOST, Monk, Psych

Favorite movie:
Nolan's Batmans, Get Smart (no idea why, but I can just keep watching it), anything written by or starring Seth Rogen, a bunch of movies that are actually amazing, but I'm forgetting

someone stole hank 07-13-2013 04:31 PM

i don't have a rangers sweater.. im hoping they make a new one for this years winter classic and ill probably get that one.. but i do have a production made hockey stick that mess used in the SCF 94' signed by him

EpicDing 07-13-2013 04:35 PM

Name:
Andrew

Where are you from:
Middle Island, New York

How old:
20 (in 3 days but eh)

Rangers fan since:
Started watching during the 05-06 season.

A game with my Dad in 2000 against the Panthers. We lost.

Favorite Ranger:
Nash, Callahan, McDonagh.

Best Ranger moment:
Has to be Gaborik's game winner in the triple OT game against the Caps.

Former Rangers you miss:
Anisimov and Dubinsky. b

I always thought it was weird, but Tavares and Kovalchuk are my top 2 favorite non-Rangers.

Any other sports:
I follow my college teams (Go Seawolves!), and kinda sorta follow the Yankees and the Giants, but I don't watch games all that often.

It was during the Brad Richards free agency craze. I was looking for rumors about it, and stumbled on this site.

I generally watch games at home with my brother or at a friends house, but from time to tim I go to Buffalo Wild Wings to watch after classes.

Although, I gotta say, I love to watch with the GDT open. You guys are extremely entertaining. Especially when you're all in cliff-jump mode :sarcasm:

Other categories

Favorite bands:
Foo Fighters, Queens of the Stone Age, Green Day, Yellowcard.

Favorite TV shows:
Game of Thrones (books or GTFO), Bones, Futurama, trying to get into Shameless, the entire Avatar series
is great, as is Adventure Time.

Favorite Movies:
LOTR trilogy, The Batman trilogy, The Avengers, Thor in particular.

Megustaelhockey 07-13-2013 04:45 PM

Name:
Dave

Where are you from:
Born in Vancouver, moved to NYC when I was 3. College in Montreal, now back in Manhattan.

How old:
31. Ugh.

Rangers fan since:
1987-88 season

Don't remember. First hockey game ever was PHI at NJD in 87-88. I vomited. Good times.

Favorite Ranger:
Current: Lundqvist, Hagelin. Former: Leetch, Richter.

Best Ranger moment:
In person: Matteau, Matteau, Matteau! Overall: The Cup win.

Former Rangers you miss:
Leetch, Richter, many others

Plenty - feel free to ask

Any other sports:
Soccer, tennis, baseball - all casual

Google.

From my seats in sec. 109 or on TV at home with something delicious I have cooked.

Added categories:

Favorite HFers:
nyr2k2 is a good man - don't know the rest of you, though. Feel free to be friends with me because I have season tickets and track detailed NYR team stats like the huge nerd that I am.

Favorite band/artist:
Um, all of them?

Favorite TV Show:
Really don't watch that much TV. Only hockey.

Favorite movie:
Lots, a bunch of foreign stuff. A bunch more I really would like to see.

Calad 07-13-2013 04:50 PM

This seems like fun, a nice community building exercise.

Name:
Tom

Where are you from:
Long Island, NY!

How old:

Rangers fan since:
Since I was a little kid, was raised a fan by my Dad who is also a very big fan.

I probably went with my dad in the mid 90s (i suppose when I was deemed old enough) and I was hooked ever since.

Favorite Ranger:
Mike Richter was mine growing up, I always loved the goalies and whenever I would play street hockey with my friends I would play in net. Also a big fan of Leetch. As far as current Rangers, hands down Hank is my guy, Stepan is the runner up.

Best Ranger moment:
For Christmas of 2003 my Dad got us tickets to Mike Richter's number retirement ceremony. As soon as I opened up the tickets I was so pumped up and almost started to cry out of excitement. The next 2 months of anticipating the game was crazy, and once the day finally came it lived up to all the expectations I had built up in my head for it. The atmosphere was crazy, and even though they dropped the game to Minnesota I couldn't care less.

Former Rangers you miss:
I miss Prust and the energy he brought to the team, once he left last year the team really lacked an identity and it hurt them big time.

Lidstrom was such a cerebral player, I'm sad he retired

Any other sports:
I'm a Giants fan, I would not say I'm very knowledgeable about football but I watch basically every game. Cant stand basketball, I used to be a baseball fan but after becoming a really big hockey fan the pace is way too slow for me to stay interested, plus being a mets fan sucks any enjoyment out of the game.

I first heard about it through a friend but never really paid much mind too it, then a few years back I wanted to find out more about draft prospects and the like and someone mentioned this site over on Carp's blog so I lurked here for a year or so then finally signed up roughly 2 years ago now.

So when my dad got Mike Richter's number retirement ceremony, the only way he was able to do so is to purchase a ticket package of 8 games. So as you know after that season the lockout hit, and once the new CBA deal was struck the ticket office started calling around to get people to buy tickets since so many people bailed because of the lockout. My dad ended up picking up a set of season tickets in section 422 and we went to like 30 something games that year, and we loved it. We've gone to every single playoff game since the lockout and gone to at least half of the regular season games. Otherwise we catch the game at home or occasionally I will go out to the bar with some friends to watch.

Machinehead 07-13-2013 05:23 PM

Name:
John

Where are you from:
Queens, New York. Born, raised, residing. Often found in Manhattan, New York, my favorite place in the world and adopted home away from home.

How old:
22 (when did this happen? :shakehead)

Rangers fan since:
I'm in diapers. Their first game after I was born was 1991-92, opening night. I watched. Pictures to prove it.

I went to one when I was a baby against Vancouver. First one I remeber was 27 January, 2004 vs the Panthers. Messier, Leetch, and Jagr were all on the team and they all scored. Jagr's was his first at MSG as a Ranger. We won 5-2. It was the only game we won in a stretch in which we lost 9 out of 10.

Favorite Ranger:
Ever and current: Ryan Callahan. He was my favorite player when he was some scrappy kid on the 4th line. Watching him rise to a top 6 player and team captain has facilitated a bond with a player I've never had before. It was like watching an offspring grow up.

Best Ranger moment:
Matteau. It was 2 weeks before my 3rd birthday and it's pretty much the earliest thing I remember. The recollection of my life was born with a Rangers moment.

Former Rangers you miss:
Well the '94 group obviously. There's not a guy on that team I don't miss, except Keenan. Especially the guys like Graves, Mess, Leetch, Beuk, Richter, Tikkanen; the guys who stayed for some years after the Cup because I remember them better. Also miss Gretzky, Jagr, Straka, Kevin Weekes (was only here a short time but that's my boy), Prusty, Savard.

Gee whiz, too many to list. I'm not just a Rangers fan, I'm a hockey fan and I follow the sport as a whole. Just some: Duncan Keith, Rob Scuderi, Steven Stamkos, Nathan Horton, PK Subban, Dustin Brown, Daniel Alfredsson, Patrick Wiercioch, Corey Perry, Brendan Smith, used to be Kovalchuk but he can suck an ass now, the Nashville Predators (yeah the whole team)

Any other sports:
Love all sports. I even like curling. The Olympics are a two week holiday in my house. Lacrosse is my second favorite sport. I'm a Syracuse Orange fan in that sport, and I am a sociopath when it comes to my Orange. Also getting into the New York Lizards pro lacrosse squad. They have 23 year-old rookie phenom Rob Pannell who for my money is the best lacrosse player in the world (see avatar and title) That's followed by baseball and football, and the Yankees and the Giants. Love those guys. Mariano Rivera and Eli Manning are gods to me. Between the Orange, Yankees, and Giants, the 3 teams total 46 league championships. The Rangers have 4. And everyone wonders why I'm angry :laugh:

I was on Hockeysfuture.com and I clicked the link :dunno:

http://www.gq.com/images/entertainme...mmando_628.jpg

Jabroni 07-13-2013 05:26 PM

Name:
Jabroni, real name is Zach

Where are you from:
New Jersey

How old:

Rangers fan since:
2005-2006 season. My parents and grandparents were fans for a long time, but I didn't get into it until that year. My dad had a game on and I became hooked.

It was a Rangers/Devils game in 2006-2007 I believe. I think they lost 2-1 in regulation.

Favorite Rangers:
Earlier: Jagr, Prucha Currently: Gaborik, Brassard

Best Ranger moment:
Too many. Zherdev's tying goal, Gaborik's first season here, Kreider's 2012 playoffs, Gaborik's triple OT winner, Richards-Staal in Game 5.

Former Rangers you miss:
Jagr, Prucha, Gaborik

Datsyuk, Hossa. I'm sure there are more.

Any other sports:
Some international soccer. USA in the Gold Cup and World Cup right now.

Google. Searched NHL rumors and New York Rangers rumors.

On TV.

Added categories:

Favorite HFers:
No one goes 1-on-1 with The Great One. :sarcasm:

Favorite band/artist:
Iron Maiden, Dream Theater, Queensryche, Megadeth, Metallica, Helloween, Black Sabbath, Dio, Judas Priest, Led Zeppelin, etc.

Favorite TV Show:
House, Breaking Bad, LOST

Favorite movie:
I like Classics. Terminator 1/2, Karate Kid, Back To The Future 1/2. Also, Clue is hilarious. A really underrated movie.

The Perfect Paradox 07-13-2013 05:56 PM

Name:
Ryan

Where are you from:
Long Island

How old:

Rangers fan since:
2005-2006 season was the first season I watched religiously. I had watched games on and off since birth.

Against Colorado in '97. I was 4, but actually have some pretty distinct memories of the game.

Favorite Rangers:
Currently: Marc Staal and Derek Stepan.

Best Ranger moment:
Too many to mention. The two that stand out to be most was Zherdev's tying goal vs the Penguins back in '08 or Richards' tying goal during Game 5 against the Capitals.

Former Rangers you miss:
Prucha, Tyutin, Anisimov and Gaborik.

Way too many to list. A few are: Evander Kane, Erik Karlsson, Jakub Voracek and T.J. Oshie.

Any other sports:
NFL football. I'm a pretty big Giants fan but pretty much spend my whole Sunday watching football.

Was concerned about the Rangers re-signing Lundqvist after the '06-'07 season. I was searching for articles on the matter and got re-directed to HF.

On T.V.

Added categories:

Favorite band/artist:
Megadeth, Metallica, Five Finger Death Punch, Machine Head, Iron Maiden, Motorhead and Atreyu.

Favorite TV Show:
House M.D., Simpsons and South Park.