HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Finally Habs seems to have first rebuilding block ready!!!! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=14310)

Habs4ever 09-25-2003 01:40 PM

Finally Habs seems to have first rebuilding block ready!!!!

which is racking up talented prospects, Our organization has turned corner since year 2000, just look back at the future we had back then it was as bleak and hopeless as it gets, but since then we have been blessed with great scouting and some luck, Thank you Mr. Savard you may have made bad signings but you surely gave lot to this organization, I'm saying this because just look at Calgary they've been rebuilding for decade it seems and still they have nothing to show for it, Can you guys imagine the misery calgary fans go through year after year.

Top end talent
Andrei Kostitsyn
Mike Komisarek
Chris Hoggins
Alexander Perzhogin
Ron Hainsey

Mid-level talent
Marcel Hossa
Tomas Plekanec
Duncan Milroy

Late Boomers
Jason Ward
Michael Ryder
Francois Beauchmin

Wild card Talent
Jozef Balez
Corey Locke
Cory Urquhart
Maxime Lapierre
Konstantin Korneev
Jonathan Ferland
Andrew Archer
Joni Puurula
Matt Shasby
Olivier Michaud

Habsaku 09-25-2003 01:50 PM

I have to admit that we have some great young players and we should thank Savard for it. I wonder if its a also a coincidence that Houles draft picks were better during Andre. I heard he was a real hard ass with youngsters in order to make them play hard.

I'm hoping he can stay as efficient under Gainey cause we'd have one hell of a well managed team. Although Bob doesnt do much trading or signing, he's a very smart man who will not jepordize the team to win at all costs.

Dutchy 09-25-2003 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Komisarek
bah that list looks BAD

Agreed... Although if there was an explanation associated with each category it could help us figure out how the ranking was done :rolleyes:

RichardZednik#20 09-25-2003 03:03 PM

Well it's your opinion but I don't think Urquhart, Lapierre, Ferland and Archer should be in the wild card. Lapierre and Urquhart might be too young to mark them. Ferland I think is a sure fire 4th liner with 2nd and 3rd line upside depending how his skills devellope in NHL. He is already better than Milroy so... Archer should becoem a rock solid stay-at-home 6th D-man in maybe 4-5 years. Balej is the best guy for marking a wild card player.

Mike8 09-25-2003 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dutchy
Agreed... Although if there was an explanation associated with each category it could help us figure out how the ranking was done :rolleyes:

I think focusing on the rankings takes away from the actual point of the post.

Dutchy 09-25-2003 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardZednik#20
Balej is the best guy for marking a wild card player.

Yeah, he really impressed me in the pre-season game last year. Oh well, there's always next year! :dunno:

Habs4ever 09-26-2003 02:28 PM

When I say Wild card I!!

mean hard to say considering they aren't guaranteed NHL talent and need to develop in some aspects to make it to the big club, for example guys like Balez, Locke might be the most talented guys from wild card list but they lack size so they have to work more then other prospects to address their size problem, I'm not sure what's hapenning with balez but he could find himself way down in depth chart if he doesn't start producing soon as he is scoring forward. And for the other wild cards I mean guys like Archer, Ferland, Shasby, Michaud aren't top propects and will be fighting for minor role in the organization unless they can take landslide increase in their development. Locke is the biggest wild card in our organization and management is surely following his progress closely.

I tried to include most of our prospect in my list so thats why I might have ended up with bigger wild card list.

Corey 09-26-2003 04:22 PM

Giraffes are tall and run like the wind. They aren't very smart, however. Something is holding Balej back despite his raw talent, and it seems to be mental.

Physical HABuse 09-26-2003 06:06 PM

Sure....and I hear Balej blows fire out of his arse when he skates too!

Team_Spirit 09-26-2003 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Physical HABuse
Sure....and I hear Balej blows fire out of his arse when he skates too!

Hossa will tell you that's quite impressive.

Team_Spirit 09-26-2003 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corey
Giraffes are tall and run like the wind. They aren't very smart, however. Something is holding Balej back despite his raw talent, and it seems to be mental.

it seem to be NO ICE TIME .. last year Hamilton was a powerhouse with Ryder , Gratton and Ward + many foward from EDM and MTL and add to this guys like Czerkawski , Audette and Lindsay .

It was a pure waste of talent , he played like 1 or 2 games in the plauoffs did very well and has cut the next day :dunno: .

Anyways , i'm expecting at least 25G in the A this year if he get decent ice time .

Mike8 09-26-2003 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corey

He's tiny. He may be tall but he's slight. Balej is also a perimeter player. The first time I saw him play, he reminded me of a thinner version of Rucinsky without the defensive conscience (not that Rucinsky had much of one). Since then he hasn't changed my mind.

CrAzYNiNe 09-26-2003 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs4ever
Top end talent
Andrei Kostitsyn

I don't think he is yet, more like a wild card cause he has proved nothing yet. Not saying he is in the same pool as Balej, who is a complete question mark, but since Kast is still young, he is a question mark, just not the same type as Balej

HABitual 09-27-2003 01:01 AM

By the looks of the pre-season record, I don't think anybody is ready ;)

habsfansam 09-27-2003 11:38 AM

i wouldn't consider Balej a complete wildcard... anyone remember how good he was in the presseason the year he was drafted?? Didn't he have a goal per game average over 9 games. He almost made the team in his first camp!

If he's 6foot1 now, then he's grown a bit since when he was drafted (5-10 i believe he was), so i imagine that he's having some coordination issues right now. Give him some time to fill out that frame and he could be dynamite! Jason Ward wasn't the largest guy out there when he was drafted, and it's taken him almost 5 years to find his pro game and some size (and he had injury troubles too, just like Balej last year).

I'd say that Balej is looking for his game now... wait until he fills out some and he'll be good. I imagine he's a bit of a headcase right now; to go from being a scoring machine to a whipping boy is hard mentally. Let's see how he picks himself up for this years AHL season.

It's hard to predict for guys like Uruqart and Kastitsyn, but i'd say that they are both pro material... Kyle Woodlief was HUGE on Kastitsyn up to the draft and playing in Russia will make him better (even if he doesn't get so much icetime... he is playing on one of the better teams in the RSL and that's quite an accomplishment!).

Also, take it easy on Milroy... i've noticed people jump down his throat, but the kid is still young and has shown the ability to dominate in junior (from time to time). He hasn't even had time to develop in a pro league and i've read on other threads that 'he won't amount to anything... waste of a draftpick' and it's FAR too harsh. How many people are a failure by the time they are 21?? Give him at least 2 years in the AHL/ECHL...