HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Speculation: Would you welcome a Mason/Heeter tandem next year? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1431019)

DeflatedFootball7 05-16-2013 09:17 PM

Would you welcome a Mason/Heeter tandem next year?
 
If Bryz gets bought out obviously.

LegionOfDoom91 05-16-2013 09:19 PM

Are we tanking?

RoDu 05-16-2013 09:32 PM

So Mason is playing, 75+ games next year?

Flyotes 05-16-2013 09:33 PM

How does next year's draft class look? I kid. Or do I?

LegionOfDoom91 05-16-2013 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DownieFaceSoftener (Post 66180185)
How does next year's draft class look? I kid. Or do I?

Well right now it seems to be a down year.

ahthorne 05-16-2013 09:46 PM

Is this a joke?

PALE PWNR 05-16-2013 09:54 PM

Want Mason to get half of Bryz's starts and more if Bryz sucks ass again. Then want buyout and legitimate backup.

sobrien 05-16-2013 09:54 PM

About as much as a Boucher/Leighton tandem.

I'd prefer Mason/Sunshine.

I'd also prefer Quick/Lundqvist but hey, who's counting?

RJ8812* 05-16-2013 09:55 PM

Heeter hasnt even shown he can play at the AHL level consistently

Chances are he won't amount to anymore than a minor league goalie

ILoveStephanieBrown 05-16-2013 10:01 PM

Not at all. I wouldn't even want Heeter as a backup even if we had an allstar, world class goalie like Lundqvist, Rinne or Quick. He doesn't belong in the NHL period.

LegionOfDoom91 05-16-2013 10:05 PM

I would just like to add that the US team felt more comfortable with a 19 year old who never played above the junior level over Heeter.

Bryz sucks but Heeter would be downright scary.

daynus 05-16-2013 10:27 PM

that is a scary option
 
cuz mason is scary good. he looked like a 2009 steve mason. to call him good is an understatement, he is light years better than good. as this young team grows, he is the guy, that gives us the best chance of reaching the promised land. and now onto heeter. basically the exact opposite of mason, scary bad. i can see us going with mason,bryz, and a fairly well rested mason taking us on a long playoff run. bryz then would get amnestied next off season.

Broad Street Elite 05-16-2013 10:29 PM

Honestly, I think that a Bryz pairing with Mason is a recipe for disaster. I predict Bryz struggles, Mason plays, Bryz *****es and becomes a distraction. Frankly, unless we're planning to ride Bryz again (60+ starts), it's better that he's gone now.

Heeter should not be the back-up. We would need to bring in a veteran to pair with Mason. Backstrom, Nabakov, etc. Someone that gets missed on the first round of free agency (a la Vokoun).

Ryker 05-16-2013 10:33 PM

Hell no. Mason and a proven European goalie, though...

LegionOfDoom91 05-16-2013 10:35 PM

I'm not even confident in Mason yet to be honest. I would hope Luongo gets bought out this summer too if we were playing to axe Bryz.

orange is better 05-16-2013 10:38 PM

If Bryz is bought out and so is Luongo, I really wouldn't mind a Mason/Luongo tandem.

What sort of contract are do we think, realistically, Luongo will get if he's bought out?

Clown Baby* 05-16-2013 10:46 PM

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

:cry:

FlyersFan61290 05-16-2013 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryker (Post 66186141)
Hell no. Mason and a proven European goalie, though...

I agree

JustJim 05-16-2013 10:54 PM

Nyet!
 
Bryzgalov will not be bought out during this current off season. The goaltending tandem of Bryz and Mason, behind a revamped defense will improve this whole team by several points in the standings.
I actually like our current tandem.

YuioIklo 05-16-2013 10:54 PM

If Bryz gets bought out, they will find a back-up in the free agents market, there's always many of them. Or they could sign Leighton again. :sarcasm:

LegionOfDoom91 05-16-2013 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orange is better (Post 66186595)
If Bryz is bought out and so is Luongo, I really wouldn't mind a Mason/Luongo tandem.

What sort of contract are do we think, realistically, Luongo will get if he's bought out?

He would be owed a little more than $40M by Vancouver off his old contract. I could see him signing a friendly deal just so he doesn't have to go through that again.

Sniped 05-16-2013 10:57 PM

Heeter isn't even ready to be a NHL back-up let alone be a part of a "tandem."

I'm good with Mason, because I want Bryz out of here. If he can carry the load for the Flyers is the bigger question.

FlyersFan61290 05-16-2013 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daynus (Post 66185829)
cuz mason is scary good. he looked like a 2009 steve mason. to call him good is an understatement, he is light years better than good. as this young team grows, he is the guy, that gives us the best chance of reaching the promised land. and now onto heeter. basically the exact opposite of mason, scary bad. i can see us going with mason,bryz, and a fairly well rested mason taking us on a long playoff run. bryz then would get amnestied next off season.

I'm all for optimism but seriously? You can't tell me from a handful of games that you're convinced Mason's a number one. Maybe it's just me but after seven games I'm not convinced he won't be the hot garbage goalie he was the previous 3.5 seasons.

Heeter is nowhere near NHL caliber so no obviously to the Mason/Heeter tandem

Flyerfan4life 05-16-2013 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Broad Street Elite (Post 66185903)
Honestly, I think that a Bryz pairing with Mason is a recipe for disaster. I predict Bryz struggles, Mason plays, Bryz *****es and becomes a distraction. Frankly, unless we're planning to ride Bryz again (60+ starts), it's better that he's gone now.

Heeter should not be the back-up. We would need to bring in a veteran to pair with Mason. Backstrom, Nabakov, etc. Someone that gets missed on the first round of free agency (a la Vokoun).

^^^x1000^^^..

JDinkalage Morgoone 05-16-2013 11:45 PM

When has Bryzgalov *****ed about anything other than the Philadelphia media?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:00 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.