HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Tampa-Buffalo (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1431309)

tmack224 05-17-2013 09:35 AM

Tampa-Buffalo

If Drouin goes 2nd overall to Florida. Its crazy but just wanted to throw it out there.

To Tampa:
Vanek (with Stamkos and St. Louis would be lethal)
Pysyk (young all around defenseman)
16th overall

To Buffalo:
3rd overall (Mackinnon)
Lecavalier (Buyout by Buffalo and resign with Tampa)(if the buyout rule kicks in this summer)
Connolly

Buffalo does this to get the Franchise Center and possible replacement for Vanek in Connolly. Only possible if Pegula is willing to eat the buyout money from Vinny.

Tampa does this to Keep Vinny on a cap friendly contract after he is bought out by Buffalo and resigned. They get Vanek to play on Stamkos wing and in front of the net on the PP. The play making of St. Louis with Stamkos and Vanek would be the most dangerous line in the NHL. Plus they get much needed help on D with Pysyk who is an all around good defenseman who has the chance to be a great all around Defenseman. The 16th pick will also be a good player.

Rschmitz 05-17-2013 10:04 AM

Is this allowed by the cba? I cant see buffalo doing this, and tantelizing as vanek is, we have a plethora of top 6 guys already. Just a bad move for both teams, but a unique and interesting idea though.

AirBriere48 05-17-2013 10:08 AM

Yes from Buffalo

CraniumCram 05-17-2013 10:15 AM

Interesting idea but I couldn't see it happening. Pegula has money to throw around, but he's not going to throw down $40million to buyout a player just to move up draft spots, never gonna happen.

Buuut, I would strongly consider moving a big package (probably including Myers) if Mac is available at 3, I just don't think he will be.

hfgreg 05-17-2013 10:42 AM

I doubt the CBA would allow for a move like this, although it may be a loophole. If we are giving up Connolly as well as the 3rd we'd want Myers somehow some way.

The Fear Boners 05-17-2013 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmack224 (Post 66201121)
If Drouin goes 2nd overall to Florida. Its crazy but just wanted to throw it out there.

To Tampa:
16th overall

To Buffalo:
3rd overall (Mackinnon)
Lecavalier (Buyout by Buffalo and resign with Tampa)(if the buyout rule kicks in this summer)
Connolly

Buffalo does this to get the Franchise Center and possible replacement for Vanek in Connolly. Only possible if Pegula is willing to eat the buyout money from Vinny.

Tampa does this to Keep Vinny on a cap friendly contract after he is bought out by Buffalo and resigned. They get Vanek to play on Stamkos wing and in front of the net on the PP. The play making of St. Louis with Stamkos and Vanek would be the most dangerous line in the NHL. Plus they get much needed help on D with Pysyk who is an all around good defenseman who has the chance to be a great all around Defenseman. The 16th pick will also be a good player.

You'd want the third, Connolly and Lecavalier to balance salary? No thanks. Little much.

Number1RedWingsFan52 05-17-2013 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmack224 (Post 66201121)

To Tampa:
16th overall

To Buffalo:
3rd overall (Mackinnon)
Connolly

So we trade LeCavalier to Buffalo and Buffalo Buys him out only so Tampa can resign him at a cap friendly hit, LeCavalier is still going to get paid big money and what makes you think that if LeCavalier gets bought out from Buffalo that Tampa Bay would get him. Since Tampa Bay would trade him to Buffalo in the first place Tampa Bay would be on the bottom of being able to resign Vinny and if Vinny did resign back with Tampa how in the world would Tampa be able to afford Vanek who has a $7.5M for 1 more year and Vinny who is going to get paid the exact same amount of money And how does this benefit Buffalo again it looks like we get Vanek and they get our 3rd rd pick. Give me a break there going to want way more then that and what makes you think that Buffalo would trade Vanek to Tampa Bay when there going to be in the same division next season not going to happen.

tmack224 05-17-2013 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Number1RedWingsFan52 (Post 66203435)
So we trade LeCavalier to Buffalo and Buffalo Buys him out only so Tampa can resign him at a cap friendly hit, LeCavalier is still going to get paid big money and what makes you think that if LeCavalier gets bought out from Buffalo that Tampa Bay would get him. Since Tampa Bay would trade him to Buffalo in the first place Tampa Bay would be on the bottom of being able to resign Vinny and if Vinny did resign back with Tampa how in the world would Tampa be able to afford Vanek who has a $7.5M for 1 more year and Vinny who is going to get paid the exact same amount of money And how does this benefit Buffalo again it looks like we get Vanek and they get our 3rd rd pick. Give me a break there going to want way more then that and what makes you think that Buffalo would trade Vanek to Tampa Bay when there going to be in the same division next season not going to happen.

Easy dont hurt yourself. Its all in fun. The basis would be Vinny knowing this is happening. He could sign a cap friendly contract with TB after Buffalo Buys him out. If he signed a 3.5 a year deal with Tampa he wouldnt be losing anything and still get to stay in Tampa never having to leave.

Im so sick of the "they are gonna be in our division we cant trade with them". If Vanek wants out then we are going to trade him to whatever team offers the most. Period...

Boston Traded Kessel to Toronto. Anyone remember that and how it worked out for Boston? Teams in the same division make trades.

tmack224 05-17-2013 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Still All In (Post 66203217)
You'd want the third, Connolly and Lecavalier to balance salary? No thanks. Little much.

Vinny would be going back to Tampa after being bought out by Buffalo.

Basically Tampa gets Vanek, Pysyk, 16th overall and Vinny at a 3.5 cap hit till he retires. for MacKinnon and Connolly.

Number1RedWingsFan52 05-17-2013 11:07 AM

Ask me Vanek who has a cap hit of $7.5M for 1 more year plus we resign Vinny most likely at a cap hit of $7.5M-$8.0M for 4 years, So how in the world would Tampa Bay have a cap space to do this that's right they dont. And sorry it will take more then Tampa Bays 3rd and Connolly to pry Vanek out of Buffalo especially since starting next season there going to be division rivals.

stokes84 05-17-2013 11:07 AM

Pegula should definitely launder some contracts before they close that loophole.

tmack224 05-17-2013 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Number1RedWingsFan52 (Post 66203847)
Ask me Vanek who has a cap hit of $7.5M for 1 more year plus we resign Vinny most likely at a cap hit of $7.5M-$8.0M for 4 years, So how in the world would Tampa Bay have a cap space to do this that's right they dont. And sorry it will take more then Tampa Bays 3rd and Connolly to pry Vanek out of Buffalo especially since starting next season there going to be division rivals.

OMg read. Vinny wuld get like $40 million from the buy out and sing for 3.5 per year with Tampa not 7 mil again... It would be based on him knowing that this is the plan............ Tampa would save money.

Number1RedWingsFan52 05-17-2013 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmack224 (Post 66203775)
Easy dont hurt yourself. Its all in fun. The basis would be Vinny knowing this is happening. He could sign a cap friendly contract with TB after Buffalo Buys him out. If he signed a 3.5 a year deal with Tampa he wouldnt be losing anything and still get to stay in Tampa never having to leave.

Im so sick of the "they are gonna be in our division we cant trade with them". If Vanek wants out then we are going to trade him to whatever team offers the most. Period...

Boston Traded Kessel to Toronto. Anyone remember that and how it worked out for Boston? Teams in the same division make trades.

Right this Is'nt fantasyland were living In, This Is the real world and your a dreamer If you think that Vinny would agree to sign for only $3.5M a year that will never happen I know It's all for fun first off there Is no way that Steve Yzerman trades Vinny to Buffalo only for Buffalo to buy him out and then Steve Yzerman resign him at a cap friendly hit It's obvious you know nothing about Yzerman first off he would never do this. He's not going to trade a player to another team for him to get bought out by another team only to resign him. And like i said on my previous post what make you think that Tampa Bay would get Vinny back once Tampa Bay trades Vinny to Buffalo they lose any rights to him and FYI Since Buffalo is buying out LeCavalier Buffalo loses there right on him so Buffalo cant trade back Vinny to Tampa. Bottom line is that Vinny will never accept making $3.5M a year i'm sure that he would retire before accepting crap like that from Tampa.

Number1RedWingsFan52 05-17-2013 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmack224 (Post 66204041)
OMg read. Vinny wuld get like $40 million from the buy out and sing for 3.5 per year with Tampa not 7 mil again... It would be based on him knowing that this is the plan............ Tampa would save money.

First off your a Buffalo fan that knows nothing about Vinny there is no way in the World that Vinny will ever accept $3.5M period that would be an insult to him it wil never happen and besides Tampa Bay still does not have the cap space to make this work Tampa Bay would still be taking on $11M in cap space when they only have 2 million in cap space available. Basically Tampa get's Vanek for there 3rd and Connolly as i see it Buffalo can get a way better deal. Still dont see how this benefits Buffalo and I'm a nuetral observer.

Vieille Barbe 05-17-2013 11:27 AM

My suspicion is that TB would like to get out from under Vinny's contract, but they will never say so. They may not want to actually get rid of the player, just the contract, which is a Luongo type of predicament. He would be fine in the $4-5MM / 3 year range.

But that type of "contract laundering" deal in the OP is the kind of thing you just don't do - even it it stands according to the letter of the CBA. The loss of credibility would just blow away any monetary benefit, and any team executive with any sort of walking around sense wouldn't touch it.

Number1RedWingsFan52 05-17-2013 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmack224 (Post 66204041)

Like i said your living in Fantasyland if you think that Vinny would ever agree to this crap. It's obvious you dont know LeCavalier or Yzerman so your post is a mute point since neither one of them would ever let this happen.

stokes84 05-17-2013 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Number1RedWingsFan52 (Post 66204647)
Like i said your living in Fantasyland if you think that Vinny would ever agree to this crap. It's obvious you dont know LeCavalier or Yzerman so your post is a mute point since neither one of them would ever let this happen.

Why wouldn't he do it? It's essentially a huge raise. He gets paid the remainder of his contract, plus gets a new one. If I were him, I'd be begging for a deal like this.

tmack224 05-17-2013 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Number1RedWingsFan52 (Post 66204123)
Right this Is'nt fantasyland were living In, This Is the real world and your a dreamer If you think that Vinny would agree to sign for only $3.5M a year that will never happen I know It's all for fun first off there Is no way that Steve Yzerman trades Vinny to Buffalo only for Buffalo to buy him out and then Steve Yzerman resign him at a cap friendly hit It's obvious you know nothing about Yzerman first off he would never do this. He's not going to trade a player to another team for him to get bought out by another team only to resign him. And like i said on my previous post what make you think that Tampa Bay would get Vinny back once Tampa Bay trades Vinny to Buffalo they lose any rights to him and FYI Since Buffalo is buying out LeCavalier Buffalo loses there right on him so Buffalo cant trade back Vinny to Tampa. Bottom line is that Vinny will never accept making $3.5M a year i'm sure that he would retire before accepting crap like that from Tampa.

Sigh....

This is just for fun and right now there is a loop hole where this can happen technically.

Its not that hard to see.

If Vinny loves Tampa and doesnt want to take a pay cut this would be prefect for him. He never has to leave Tampa. He could sign back with Tampa and still make the same amount of money but it would actually be better seeing as he would get a 40 mil check right away.

Follower of Yzlam 05-17-2013 11:58 AM

You can't buy-out a contract you didn't sign. Only Tampa can buy-out Vinny. It's in the CBA.

Number1RedWingsFan52 05-17-2013 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmack224 (Post 66205309)
Sigh....

This is just for fun and right now there is a loop hole where this can happen technically.

If Vinny loves Tampa and doesnt want to take a pay cut this would be prefect for him. He never has to leave Tampa. He could sign back with Tampa and still make the same amount of money but it would actually be better seeing as he would get a 40 mil check right away.

First off if you had any commen sense You would know that Buffalo cant Buyout LeCavalier since they did'nt sign him in the first place only Tampa Bay can Buy him out per CBA before you propose something crazy try checking out the facts just makes you look more credible.

tmack224 05-17-2013 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pronounced Anders (Post 66205603)
You can't buy-out a contract you didn't sign. Only Tampa can buy-out Vinny. It's in the CBA.

Where did you hear that? That has never been in the CBA. Is it new to the new CBA?

Number1RedWingsFan52 05-17-2013 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmack224 (Post 66205309)
Sigh....

Your crazy If Tampa trades Vinny to Buffalo and Buffalo Buys him out in which they cant because Buffalo did'nt sign LeCavalier in the first place only Tampa Bay can buy him out. Then Tampa loses any rights to LeCavalier your clearly not understanding my post If Tampa trades Vinny to Buffalo and Buffalo could buyout Vinny then Vinny is free to sign with any team he so choses and Tampa would not be able to resign him since they gave up any right to Vinny when they traded him to Buffalo. And your wrong when you say that Vinny has to never leave Tampa how in the world does Buffalo buyout Vinny if he's not there property. It's obvious you have no clue in what your talking about.

Number1RedWingsFan52 05-17-2013 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmack224 (Post 66206031)
Where did you hear that? That has never been in the CBA. Is it new to the new CBA?

It's always been that way, Only a team that signs said player to a contract can Buyout that person First off why In the world would Buffalo Buyout LeCavalier and pay him $40 million only for LeCavalier to go back to Tampa on a cheaper deal that would be stupid on Buffalos part I think that Darcy Reiger has more brains then that to do that deal.

tmack224 05-17-2013 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Number1RedWingsFan52 (Post 66206389)
It's always been that way, Only a team that signs said player to a contract can Buyout that person First off why In the world would Buffalo Buyout LeCavalier and pay him $40 million only for LeCavalier to go back to Tampa on a cheaper deal that would be stupid on Buffalos part I think that Darcy Reiger has more brains then that to do that deal.

It has never been that way.

stokes84 05-17-2013 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Number1RedWingsFan52 (Post 66206011)
First off if you had any commen sense You would know that Buffalo cant Buyout LeCavalier since they did'nt sign him in the first place only Tampa Bay can Buy him out per CBA before you propose something crazy try checking out the facts just makes you look more credible.

How is an obscure clause in a 5 month old collective bargaining agreement common sense? I've never heard the rule you are talking about before...