HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   National Hockey League Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Deepest Team At A Position (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=143141)

19 for president 05-15-2005 01:30 AM

Deepest Team At A Position
 
Excluding goalies which team do you think is the deepest at defense, center, left wing, and right wing. Ok for example, I think the Wings are probably deepest team concerning centers in the league with Lang, Zetterberg, Datysuk, Draper, Williams and Yzerman (All are natural centers). Deepest in this case means overall talent that can be spread through four lines at a given position. So lets here what you think. As of right now lets keep it to player's current ability or slightly above.

swflyers8* 05-15-2005 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 19 for president
Excluding goalies which team do you think is the deepest at defense, center, left wing, and right wing. Ok for example, I think the Wings are probably deepest team concerning centers in the league with Lang, Zetterberg, Datysuk, Draper, Williams and Yzerman (All are natural centers). Deepest in this case means overall talent that can be spread through four lines at a given position. So lets here what you think. As of right now lets keep it to player's current ability or slightly above.

Tampa Bay and Colorado

KOVALEV10* 05-15-2005 01:40 AM

Montreal in centers.

Koivu- Incredible playmaker, clutch in the playoffs and leader
Ribeiro- Great stickhandling, vision
Bonk- Great 2 way player
Begin- Another very good young 2 way player.

I may be biased but I think Montreal is definately top 10 in centers.

norrisnick 05-15-2005 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 19 for president
Excluding goalies which team do you think is the deepest at defense, center, left wing, and right wing. Ok for example, I think the Wings are probably deepest team concerning centers in the league with Lang, Zetterberg, Datysuk, Draper, Williams and Yzerman (All are natural centers). Deepest in this case means overall talent that can be spread through four lines at a given position. So lets here what you think. As of right now lets keep it to player's current ability or slightly above.

That's my vote. There are a couple more fringe guys that should see some action (Hudler and Robinson played a couple games last year) next year Hudler, Franzen, and Robinson (If they are signed that is).

RoyIsALegend* 05-15-2005 02:04 AM

Peter Forsberg
Joe Sakic
Chris Gratton
Ian Laperriere/Brett MacLean
Riku Hahl

Evil Speaker 05-15-2005 02:06 AM

Avs are quite deep at center with Sakic, Forsberg, Damphousse and Gratton.

edmontonoilers89 05-15-2005 02:09 AM

I hate to say it but Calgary is pretty deep on D.

Zoo 05-15-2005 02:11 AM

The Av's are pretty strong down the middle too...

Forsberg
Sakic
Damphousse
Gratton
Haul
McCormick
McLean

And other players that have played centre...

Hinote
Laperriere
Konowalchuk

thestonedkoala 05-15-2005 02:17 AM

Minnesota has good depth at defense and center, problem is they don't use some centers as centers...

Pierre-Marc Bouchard
Mikko Koivu
Patrick O'Sullivan
Rickard Wallin
Adam Courchaine

Are the Wild rookies and I think Irmen has had time at that position.

And then Marc Choiunard, Brian Rolston, Wes Walz plus sometimes Richard Park is crazy...

And then Filip Kuba (top 3 defenseman), Andrei Zyuzin, Alex Henry, Willie Mitchell, Nick Schultz, Ray Giorux, Eric Reitz, Clayton Stoner, Ryan Stokes, AJ Thelen, Zybek Michalek, Jean-Michal Bolduc all have potential to be defensemen or already defensemen...

Habsfan 32 05-15-2005 02:32 AM

Flyers are very deep at center. Handzus,Primeau,Carter,Richards,Roenick,Sharp.

Jeffrey 05-15-2005 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KOVALEV10
Montreal in centers.

Koivu- Incredible playmaker, clutch in the playoffs and leader
Ribeiro- Great stickhandling, vision
Bonk- Great 2 way player
Begin- Another very good young 2 way player.

I may be biased but I think Montreal is definately top 10 in centers.

if you add prospect and player converted from center it look deepest ..
Bulis converted from center
Hossa converted from center
Higgins converted from center
Plekanec center
Chipchura center
locke center
:innocent:

Shareefruck 05-15-2005 05:11 AM

Detroit at D

Lidstrom
Hatcher
Schneider
Chelios
Fischer
Woolley
Dandenault

Kings at center

Allison
Conroy
Stumpel
Belanger
Armstrong
Cammalleri

Canucks at LW

Naslund
( Bertuzzi used to be a natural LW, didn't he? )
Rucinsky
Sanderson
D. Sedin
Cooke
Arvedson ( if it counts )
Keane
May
Ruutu

Ajacied 05-15-2005 05:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2agingmonk
Kings at center

Allison
Conroy
Stumpel
Belanger
Armstrong
Cammalleri


Uuuh, no.. There are several teams deeper down the middle than that.

12# Peter Bondra 05-15-2005 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ott = Snott
Uuuh, no.. There are several teams deeper down the middle than that.

And Allison and Stumpel are UFA's now.

So its really:

Conroy
Belanger
Armstrong
Cammalleri

Reaper45 05-15-2005 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 12# Peter Bondra
And Allison and Stumpel are UFA's now.

So its really:

Conroy
Belanger
Armstrong
Cammalleri

Really if you go by Kings who can play center you have...
Conroy
Straka
Armstrong
Belanger
Pirnes
Avery
Cammalleri

MainFlame 05-15-2005 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2agingmonk
Detroit at D




Canucks at LW

Naslund
( Bertuzzi used to be a natural LW, didn't he? )
Rucinsky
Sanderson

D. Sedin
Cooke
Arvedson ( if it counts )
Keane
May
Ruutu

Sanderson is back with the Jackets. Rucinsky, Arvedson, and Keane were free agents as of July 1, 2004. I think Arvedson either retired from hockey or the NHL.

So it's more like

Naslund
Sedin
Cooke
May
Ruutu

Legionnaire 05-15-2005 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper45
Really if you go by Kings who can play center you have...
Conroy
Straka
Armstrong
Belanger
Pirnes
Avery
Cammalleri

The old adage "quantity does not equal quality" comes to mind. :snide:

DownFromNJ 05-15-2005 08:53 AM

Devils at center


Gomez
Parise
Madden
Hrdina
Brylin
Rasmussen
Kozlov

Zajac
Vrana
Foster
Khomotuv

brucegarrioch 05-15-2005 09:23 AM

Ottawa's right-wing is pretty solid:

Alfredsson
Hossa
Havlat
Bondra*
Varada
Neil

*Suggesting of course that Bondra is still with the organization when the league resumes.

CaputMortuum 05-15-2005 10:06 AM

SJ-D

Scott Hannan
Mike Rathje
Brad Stuart
Kyle McLaren
Tom Preissing
Jim Fahey
Christian Ehrhoff
Rob Davison

Joe T Choker 05-15-2005 11:34 AM

since a couple of posters have used prospects
 
Nashville's D

Kimmo Timonen
Mark Eaton
Dan Hamhuis
Marek Zidlicky
Shane Hnidy
Jamie Allison
Andreas Lilja (probably won't be back), more likely to jail

Ryan Suter - to replace Zidlicky
Shea Weber - to replace and improve over Eaton
Kevin Klein - trade bait
Denis Kulyash
Richard Stehlik
Alexander Sulzer

gars59 05-15-2005 11:48 AM

montreal at center

koivu
ribeiro
bonk
begin
plekaneck
chipchura
locke
Lapierre

and

higgins and hossa are when they are draft center
kostitsyn, lambert,Grabovsky can play center

johnny cool 05-15-2005 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BG
Ottawa's right-wing is pretty solid:

Alfredsson
Hossa
Havlat
Bondra*
Varada
Neil

*Suggesting of course that Bondra is still with the organization when the league resumes.

you are correct, sir

add also: calgary at D
Regehr
Leopold
Lydman
Warrener
Ferrence
Phaneuf
Commodoe
Montador

19 for president 05-15-2005 12:36 PM

RW Ottawa
Alfredsson
Hossa
Havlat
Bondra
Varada
Neil

LW Atlanta or Detroit
Kovalchuck
Mceachern
Kozlov

Shanahan
Holstrom
Zetterberg
Whitney
Maltby

Ronnie Bass 05-15-2005 12:49 PM

Devils D:

Scott Neidermeyer
Scott Stevens
Brian Raflaski
Paul Martin
Richard Matvichuk
Colin White
David Hale


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:49 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.