HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Prospect Info: The Memorial Cup 2013 Thread! (Portland vs Halifax on Sportsnet tonight - 7pm) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1431415)

Habsfan18 05-17-2013 12:18 PM

The Memorial Cup 2013 Thread! (Portland vs Halifax on Sportsnet tonight - 7pm)

Memorial Cup starts tonight. :)

ChoseLa 05-17-2013 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habsfan18 (Post 66208557)
Memorial Cup starts tonight. :)

Wich team?

Lars Mon Amour 05-17-2013 12:21 PM

I guess it's gonna be on TVA ****ing Sports.

gusfring 05-17-2013 12:22 PM

Interesting to see how they respond after a terrible playoff performance - all 4 games of it.

They better be ready, because London will be.

Habsfan18 05-17-2013 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChoseLa (Post 66208685)
Wich team?

VS London, tonight.

overlords 05-17-2013 12:25 PM

Well, they're rested :laugh:

hototogisu 05-17-2013 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gusfring (Post 66208729)
Interesting to see how they respond after a terrible playoff performance - all 4 games of it.

They better be ready, because London will be.

The only advantage they have on London is rest. And even then they've been off for so long it might well be a detriment. Hard to imagine them not getting smoked.

Habsfan18 05-17-2013 12:30 PM

Makarov is either going to stand on his head, or he's going to be hilariously bad. There's no in between with him.

Bronn 05-17-2013 12:30 PM

Those are two of my favorite propect in the system. Apparently Thrower was a bit underwhelwing this year (according to posters here , have only watched him play twice) and Dietz had a great season. Didn't knew they had poor playoffs though :(

I really hope both will make it to the NHL. They both have a combinaison of grit , toughness , mean streak and some offensive potential that i really like. Thrower is not the biggest but can take on some nasty dudes. Dietz is also a pretty decent fighter.

I'll be happy if only one of them make it but both would be great

overlords 05-17-2013 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habsfan18 (Post 66209071)
Makarov is either going to stand on his head, or he's going to be hilariously bad. There's no in between with him.

It makes for really entertaining games, though.

Habs 4 Life 05-17-2013 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hototogisu (Post 66208865)
The only advantage they have on London is rest. And even then they've been off for so long it might well be a detriment. Hard to imagine them not getting smoked.

I know there is the home crowd behind them but I honestly don't see them winning 1 game in the tournament. If they lose to London tonight no chance they beat Halifax and Portland

Habsfan18 05-17-2013 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by overlords (Post 66209113)
It makes for really entertaining games, though.

That it does! :laugh:

montreal 05-17-2013 01:38 PM

If the blades look like they did in the playoffs it should be an ugly tournament for them. At least for Thrower and Dietz they will be up against some very good future NHL talent, so good test/experience for them in the spotlight.

Habsfan18 05-17-2013 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by montreal (Post 66211465)
If the blades look like they did in the playoffs it should be an ugly tournament for them. At least for Thrower and Dietz they will be up against some very good future NHL talent, so good test/experience for them in the spotlight.

And that's the way we have to look at it. Sure, they don't have much of a chance, but strangers things have happened. Plus, like you said, the experience in a high profile setting playing against some of the best prospects in the world, can only be viewed as a positive for their development.

Whitesnake 05-17-2013 02:05 PM

Can wait to see what people think of Dietz who I've been praising for quite some time now. As far as Thrower....unless it's a complete turnaround...don't be so hard on him. It might be more difficult. I guess we will see!

Prairie Habs 05-17-2013 02:06 PM

So are people watching this or the Hens game tonight? Living in Saskatoon I will be watching the Blades game even though I fully expect them to get destroyed.

Habs 4 Life 05-17-2013 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prairie Habs (Post 66212485)
So are people watching this or the Hens game tonight? Living in Saskatoon I will be watching the Blades game even though I fully expect them to get destroyed.

Watching both :nod:

Habsfan18 05-17-2013 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whitesnake (Post 66212439)
Can wait to see what people think of Dietz who I've been praising for quite some time now. As far as Thrower....unless it's a complete turnaround...don't be so hard on him. It might be more difficult. I guess we will see!

Definitely a disappointing year for Thrower, but with Dietz (and Siemens graduating as well) heading to Hamilton next season, it will be interesting to see how Thrower performs as an overager with more responsibility.

It will definitely be a "make or break" type of season in the Habs eyes, IMO.

Frozenice 05-17-2013 02:38 PM

Pouliot looked really good against the Oil Kings, nobody is talking about him but he might be the mvp of the Memorial Cup if Portland wins, which they have a really good chance to.

Habsfan18 05-17-2013 02:46 PM

Most of the talk is on Halifax it seems, but I think Portland has a strong chance of taking this.

Seth Jones
Derrick Pouliot
Ty Rattie
Nic Petan
Brendan Leipsic
Troy Rutkowski
Oliver Bjorkstrand
Tyler Wotherspoon

:amazed::amazed:

And you can't forget about the Knights.

Bo Horvat
Max Domi
Nikita Zadorov
Seth Griffith
Olli Maatta
Scott Harrington
Remi Elie
Chris Tierney
etc..

This is going to be some damn good hockey. :nod:

Habs 4 Life 05-17-2013 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frozenice (Post 66213623)
Pouliot looked really good against the Oil Kings, nobody is talking about him but he might be the mvp of the Memorial Cup if Portland wins, which they have a really good chance to.

Had a great year, but Jones is the big name getting all the attention there

And of course it's the Penguins that have him with Harrington and Maatta:help:

Guilliam 05-17-2013 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habsfan18 (Post 66213907)
Most of the talk is on Halifax it seems, but I think Portland has a strong chance of taking this.

Seth Jones
Derrick Pouliot
Ty Rattie
Nic Petan
Brendan Leipsic
Troy Rutkowski
Oliver Bjorkstrand
Tyler Wotherspoon

Bo Horvat
Max Domi
Nikita Zadorov
Seth Griffith
Olli Maatta
Scott Harrington
Remi Elie
Chris Tierney
etc..

Ouch! seeing those names and then you have Halifax...that tournament's gonna be tough for the Blades...

S Bah 05-17-2013 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habsfan18 (Post 66213907)

Seth Jones
Derrick Pouliot
Ty Rattie
Nic Petan
Brendan Leipsic
Troy Rutkowski
Oliver Bjorkstrand
Tyler Wotherspoon

Bo Horvat
Max Domi
Nikita Zadorov
Seth Griffith
Olli Maatta
Scott Harrington
Remi Elie
Chris Tierney
etc..

These three teams are simply outstanding teams even for the Memorial Cup event. One can only look at Shawinigan from last year's to realize the Saskatoon teams chances of winning. They have certainly got the players to take it all and the rest comes into play as well, the Blades aren't to be ignored or similar results will occur IMHO.:nod:

TinordiandSubban 05-17-2013 04:12 PM

Has there ever been a Memorial Cup with the three top ranked CHL teams all qualifying?

Ridiculous amount of talent on display, should be great!

WeThreeKings 05-17-2013 04:17 PM

Go Moose Go!!