HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Ottawa Senators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Post Game Talk: ECSF Game 2 | May 17 2013 | Caesar Must Die Edition (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1431679)

CanadianHockey 05-17-2013 09:13 PM

ECSF Game 2 | May 17 2013 | Caesar Must Die Edition

Continue here. Link to GDT.

Rhino Reilly 05-17-2013 09:13 PM

Greening was great.

Niv 05-17-2013 09:14 PM

So painfully close.

littleD 05-17-2013 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallet Inspector (Post 66230539)
I ****ing hate losing to this pack of divers and cry babies.

Please come bakc for game 3 Spezza.

So wait...

Cowen misses most the season, struggles.
Karlsson misses most of the season, really struggles.
Spezza misses most of the season... HE'LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE!

Iamok 05-17-2013 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WasTeD (Post 66230621)
Greening was great.

Seriously, where was that guy this year..

YearsintheWilderness 05-17-2013 09:14 PM

What a momentum-destroyer that Conacher penalty was.

DylanSensFan 05-17-2013 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by littleD (Post 66230633)
So wait...

Dude... you need to shut up. You're seriously big downer.

Orr123 05-17-2013 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcnorth (Post 66230419)
I dunno, maybe the way it wasn't a penalty when Geno did it to EK? Maybe that? Could be? Perhaps?

Point is they were BOTH penalties. Give your head a shake.

I personally would rather NOTHING get called on either side.

No PP for the Pens, and No PP for the Sens is the best way to be.

But it is frustrating when Pens can do anything and never get a call, and Sens can do a small thing (on a trip) and get called.

But hey, this is why I say hit freaking hard, and if there are bone crushing on a clean hit... the Pens can go cry to their mommies!

I liked the Sens effort more in the 3rd. And think they can build on it. Proud of the Sens. And they showed tonight, that they don't give up -- but just a little too late tonight.

Wallet Inspector 05-17-2013 09:15 PM

I hate to say, but Andy may have cost us that game by letting in 2 weak goals and another one that was savable.

DuckedUpOnQuack 05-17-2013 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by littleD (Post 66230633)
So wait...

Outside of last game I thought Cowen has been absolutely fantastic.

Kezia 05-17-2013 09:15 PM

Why is TSN and CBC saying Karlsson's reduced ice time is due to an injury when its clearly because hes sucking?

Deku Scrub 05-17-2013 09:15 PM

Everyone on the team had at least 10 minutes of ice time, except for Zibby who only had 7:52.

Why? :dunno:

OmniSens 05-17-2013 09:15 PM

If Hoffman is ready, dress him instead of Michalek.

Spezza returns for game 3, new series. We can do this, still have faith. Lots of hockey left and at home, we'll be a completely different team.

DylanSensFan 05-17-2013 09:16 PM

This series isn't done... we have figured out how to play them tonight. Just need some Lehnsanity.

dingbatz 05-17-2013 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallet Inspector (Post 66230695)
I hate to say, but Andy may have cost us that game by letting in 2 weak goals and another one that was savable.

I would like to see Lehner start game three. Anderson's amazing, no doubt, it just seems the Pens aren't his team.

CR15 05-17-2013 09:16 PM

getting out worked in the final 2 mins hurts :(

Props to Lehner Greening and Pageau for great games + Neil for being the only guy constantly trying to hit and show some sign of hate

Basically every single winger on the Pens will finish a check on our D with something behind it (more then a bump) not so much on the Sens

DG 05-17-2013 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benny FTW (Post 66230713)
Why is TSN and CBC saying Karlsson's reduced ice time is due to an injury when its clearly because hes sucking?

Sarcasm?

Nac Mac Feegle 05-17-2013 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orr123 (Post 66230669)
I personally would rather NOTHING get called on either side.

No PP for the Pens, and No PP for the Sens is the best way to be.

But it is frustrating when Pens can do anything and never get a call, and Sens can do a small thing (on a trip) and get called.

But hey, this is why I say hit freaking hard, and if there are bone crushing on a clean hit... the Pens can go cry to their mommies!

I liked the Sens effort more in the 3rd. And think they can build on it. Proud of the Sens. And they showed tonight, that they don't give up -- but just a little too late tonight.

Agreed.

Call it all or call nothing.

It's time to drop the "starstruck" mode. Just go out there and play a hard, clean, physical game.

We desperately need to get at least one win out of this series.

05 05-17-2013 09:16 PM

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Our downfall will be the lack of shots we DON'T take. The number of shots we try to snipe instead of GETTING IT ON NET. SHOOT THE ****ING PUCK! GET IT ON NET EVERY OPPORTUNITY YOU GET. God dammit man. All our goals are the result of that and that's how the Isles scored their goals. Are the players that dumb?

Also, Silf is either hella lazy or hella gazed because he's playing without any hustle AT ALL. Also also, Michalek SUCKS. Like, he's very very bad. Scratch please, Hoffman in.

Herping Derps* 05-17-2013 09:16 PM

ride Lehner next game

Tundraman 05-17-2013 09:17 PM

Another example of why I don't like NHL referees:

EK got crosschecked / pushed in the numbers down in our corner along the boards just like Malkin with about 90 seconds left but we didn't get the call. That's why I don't find the reffing is done fairly. All I ask is they call it both ways.

Golden 05-17-2013 09:17 PM

Too little too late. Sorry but they didn't deserve to win that game. You have to bring that level of effort and energy from the very beginning. And if they haven't learned that being disciplined is important against the Pens, I don't know what to say.

Lehner was fantastic. Greening had one of his best games in ages. Karlsson, no comment. But man am I ever tired of seeing them glide around in their zone. I'm not used to seeing this team being lazy on the puck and I don't enjoy it even a little bit.

CanadianHockey 05-17-2013 09:17 PM

We did a good job sticking around tonight despite being generally outplayed.

killcrypt 05-17-2013 09:17 PM

2 to 1 PP advantage to Pens. sigh

Novak Djokovic 05-17-2013 09:18 PM

We got more PPs than the Pens last game, so does that mean there's a league conspiracy in our favour?

They are a BETTER team than us, and that's why they are winning.