HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Edmonton-Buffalo (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1432441)

Badger Mayhew 05-19-2013 04:41 PM

Edmonton-Buffalo

Note, I'm not a fan of either team. Just thought this might work for both teams.

To Buffalo:
Nail Yakupov

To Edmonton:
Steve Ott
Tyler Myers

Assuming Myers waives his NTC

Thoughts? Maybe some salary needs to be going back to Buffalo to make this a bit more even financially.

Mr Forever 05-19-2013 04:42 PM

Myers has declined every year since his rookie season. No interest.

lakai17 05-19-2013 04:50 PM

I want a better toss-in than Ott.

jumptheshark 05-19-2013 04:50 PM

Yakupov showed in is last ten games the damage he could do

problems I have with the deal is that Ott is a UFA in two season, he has never topped 50pts in a year. As for Myers, 5.5 cap hit for 6 more years and since winning the calder he has slipped a lot IMO

is the answer jesus 05-19-2013 04:51 PM

As a sabres fan I'd do this deal. I don't see why the oilers would though.

Joey Moss 05-19-2013 04:51 PM

Not close at all. Myers' value has clearly dropped and as much as we'd love Ott, we aren't doing it for Yakupov.

Djp 05-19-2013 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lakai17 (Post 66293763)
I want a better toss-in than Ott.

Ott is the type of player your team needs....3rd line character guy.

If you dont want Myers then how about

TO EDM: Ott, Sekera, Stafford, 2013 #8

TO BUf: Yakipov, 2013 #7

Badger Mayhew 05-19-2013 05:03 PM

I feel like the Oilers are never getting out of the basement until they learn to stop overvaluing players that have led them to the longest current playoff drought in the league.

Sorry guys, but it's true.

lakai17 05-19-2013 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Djp (Post 66294311)

Yakupov is franchise material. I want value back. No one has mentioned Hodgson, Hackett, Foligno, Grigorenko, Armia or Larsson yet.

You have to overpay to attempt to pry Yakupov out of Edmonton.

FishManSam 05-19-2013 05:07 PM

What would Sabres fans want from the Leafs for the same package?

struckbyaparkedcar 05-19-2013 05:08 PM

Buffalo says no. They're trading Myers to change the complexion of the defense or add a top young center, Yakupov doesn't have the positional importance to be worth potentially the Sabres' biggest trade chip and best defensive forward.

lakai17 05-19-2013 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Badger Mayhew (Post 66294667)
I feel like the Oilers are never getting out of the basement until they learn to stop overvaluing players that have led them to the longest current playoff drought in the league.

Myers + Ott is unbelievable underpayment.

struckbyaparkedcar 05-19-2013 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lakai17 (Post 66295003)

It's not, but keep dreaming.

CraniumCram 05-19-2013 05:21 PM

Quote:

What? Are you on crack?

I wouldn't even trade Myers straight across for Yakupov, let alone add Ott to the mix.

Value wise, Myers and Yak are in the same vicinity. That being said, I wouldn't trade a franchise potential D-man for a winger anyways, because they're harder to come by.

Aceonfire 05-19-2013 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Badger Mayhew (Post 66294667)

Yakupov had nothing to do with the playoff drought...

How many 1st overalls in the last decade have been traded?

E.J and his return was Shattenkirk and Stewart.

Kovi as a rental brought back 3 players and a 1st as a rental.

Even the Nash return worked out great for Columbus and crippled the Rangers.

You have to give up a lot to get a 1st overall player with Yak's talent.

A fair deal would be along the lines of Myers, Foligno + 1st this year.

It sounds like a lot to give up, but realistically Edmonton has no reason to move Yak. So any team would have to overpay if they wanted him.

Make a proposal for Eberle. He would be much cheaper value wise.

1972 05-19-2013 05:29 PM

Why do people still make proposals involving the Oilers? They all end the same.

CraniumCram 05-19-2013 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceonfire (Post 66296463)

Make a proposal for Eberle. He would be much cheaper value wise.

McNabb, Stafford, 16th overall for Eberle.

jumptheshark 05-19-2013 05:32 PM

Sorry, for those of you who are saying you wouldn;t trade Myers straight for Yak--if you are here in three years I will post this thread and see how your view has changed

Aceonfire 05-19-2013 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cramdizzl (Post 66296895)
McNabb, Stafford, 16th overall for Eberle.

Done.

Not sure if the Oil brass would because of Eberle's popularity.

But the Oil need to get bigger.

Good offer.

struckbyaparkedcar 05-19-2013 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jumptheshark (Post 66297093)
Sorry, for those of you who are saying you wouldn;t trade Myers straight for Yak--if you are here in three years I will post this thread and see how your view has changed

And I'm sure you weren't trading Eberle or RNH for Crosby last season.

Unless Yakupov is basically a perennial Hart candidate (or Myers' struggles had nothing to do with Lindy Ruff asking him to change both his physical composition and style of play while shoveling a ludicrous amount of responsibility for any developing defenseman on his plate and he's just in a perpetual free fall) by then, that opinion is still defensible. Elite offensive wingers don't have much value to teams with the holes at center and defense Buffalo does, especially when they make the situation at those more important positions more dire.

Double Dion 05-19-2013 05:53 PM

Quote:

Seriously?! You do realize that Yakupov is probably not going to be any better than Kessel right? The entire organization and it's fanbase only takes offense into account when evaluating players. They love them some Eberle and Yakupov and hate Horcoff and Jones. Winning teams have two-way forwards in case you haven't seen Boston, LA, Chicago and the other top teams lately. The Oilers will suck perpetually until they learn this.

Jame 05-19-2013 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Djp (Post 66294311)

:laugh:
stop embarrassing the Sabres fans

lakai17 05-19-2013 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Double Dion (Post 66298695)
Seriously?! You do realize that Yakupov is probably not going to be any better than Kessel right? The entire organization and it's fanbase only takes offense into account when evaluating players. They love them some Eberle and Yakupov and hate Horcoff and Jones. Winning teams have two-way forwards in case you haven't seen Boston, LA, Chicago and the other top teams lately. The Oilers will suck perpetually until they learn this.

:laugh:

Why continue reading?? :dunno:

Djp 05-19-2013 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lakai17 (Post 66294853)
Yakupov is franchise material. I want value back. No one has mentioned Hodgson, Hackett, Foligno, Grigorenko, Armia or Larsson yet.

You have to overpay to attempt to pry Yakupov out of Edmonton.

No...we just dnt make the deal.

Buffalo is not tradng grigorenko or hodgson unless they draft a center( Barkov, lindholm, MacKinnon) or they were gettng a center back as part of the deal.

I'll trade Foligbo for Yakipov...one for one....

What Edmonton needs are character player, leaders and better secondary parts. Edmonton picking a forward at 7 does nothing to help them.

Edmonton needs to move Yakipov or Eberle smikar to the Nash trade where the add accessory parts.

Habsawce 05-19-2013 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by struckbyaparkedcar (Post 66294953)
Buffalo says no. They're trading Myers to change the complexion of the defense or add a top young center, Yakupov doesn't have the positional importance to be worth potentially the Sabres' biggest trade chip and best defensive forward.

Why would Buffalo trade for a centre if they have Hodgson, Grigorenko and Girgensons when they're rebuilding?

They just traded away Pominville, one of their top wingers and need to find offense if they're going to be competitive. While the defense does need work, trading Myers and Ott for Yakupov would seem like a no brainer for Buffalo.

Honestly I think this trade could work for both teams. You take some risk from Edmonton's viewpoint but Myers can be that #1 they are looking for and would look real good with Schultz, and Ott is a character guy who is physical and has been successful in the West.

Overall, I like this trade for both teams.