HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Canadian Junior Hockey (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   GDT-Saskatoon vs. Halifax-Sunday, May 19 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1432475)

HFX902 05-19-2013 04:53 PM

GDT-Saskatoon vs. Halifax-Sunday, May 19
 
I say Halifax 6-1

Rielly Good 05-19-2013 06:13 PM

Makarov wont be as good as he was against London. 5-2 Halifax

HFX902 05-19-2013 07:22 PM

these refs:shakehead

JB51Hockey 05-19-2013 07:40 PM

Live stream in case you need it: http://leaguelineup.com/miscinfo.asp...&sid=422831168

Libbs 05-19-2013 07:50 PM

Halifax's passing has been absolutely dreadful tonight!

Libbs 05-19-2013 07:55 PM

Halifax defense has yet to adjust, after 2 games, to the pressure from the WHL forwards. They just lolligag with the puck behind the net and are caught off guard and cough the puck up.

hedgeway 05-19-2013 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Libbs (Post 66307911)
Halifax's passing has been absolutely dreadful tonight!

I know, right? How many times have you seen a pass go right into the other guys skates.

Libbs 05-19-2013 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hedgeway (Post 66308787)
I know, right? How many times have you seen a pass go right into the other guys skates.

From this team? Not often.

They aren't in sync tonight for some reason and it shows. Not something they are used to.

Halifax has proven they can score in bunches. 20 minutes left to find their groove.

Alerion 05-19-2013 08:25 PM

Just tuned in. WTF?

Libbs 05-19-2013 08:27 PM

There you go Halifax... just put the puck on net and push Makarov out of the way.

4-0 now... enough of this crap. OFF!

TheTechNoir 05-19-2013 08:48 PM

There we go... Hopefully Duscharme lights a fire under us and the flood gates open.

Alerion 05-19-2013 08:59 PM

A Moose loss doesn't eliminate them, correct? They just need to beat London.

timekeep 05-19-2013 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alerion (Post 66312741)
A Moose loss doesn't eliminate them, correct? They just need to beat London.

they should be fine, it will really be complicated if Portland beats London. Maybe an additional tie breaker game.

Alerion 05-19-2013 09:04 PM

Disappointing showing today nonetheless, especially after having their way with Portland for the final 30 minutes yesterday.

Libbs 05-19-2013 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alerion (Post 66312741)
A Moose loss doesn't eliminate them, correct? They just need to beat London.

They will be guaranteed at least a tie breaker. A win against London will put them into the Semi Finals.

shootscores 05-19-2013 09:33 PM

Halifax and Portland both played a similar game style. No work along the boards and lots of passes in the middle. Saskatoon played a very smart game, very old style. Work hard in all zones, be first to the puck, control the play along the boards and don't allow your man anything inside. Awesome job by the Blades for a total team win. Makarov so far is proving to be the best goalie in the tourney.
Halifax will see the same style game against London only the Knights have a lot more flash than Saskatoon. Watch out for Bo Horvat to be called upon to shut MacInnan's line down and Domi and Griffith to score against your checking line if you have one.(I did not see much defensive play in the first two games by Halifax)
Junior hockey is so unpredictable which makes it exciting.

KingKadri 05-20-2013 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shootscores (Post 66316505)
Halifax and Portland both played a similar game style. No work along the boards and lots of passes in the middle. Saskatoon played a very smart game, very old style. Work hard in all zones, be first to the puck, control the play along the boards and don't allow your man anything inside. Awesome job by the Blades for a total team win. Makarov so far is proving to be the best goalie in the tourney.
Halifax will see the same style game against London only the Knights have a lot more flash than Saskatoon. Watch out for Bo Horvat to be called upon to shut MacInnan's line down and Domi and Griffith to score against your checking line if you have one.(I did not see much defensive play in the first two games by Halifax)
Junior hockey is so unpredictable which makes it exciting.

We did when we played against skilled teams in the Q, but the big physical teams from the other leagues are on another level. London is going to cycle the hell out of the Moose

johnnydrum 05-20-2013 12:39 PM

You have to tip your cap to the performance by Sakatoon Blades.
What a performance last night!

optimus2861 05-20-2013 01:00 PM

Blades did a great job of keeping the tired-looking Moose forwards away from the front of the net, especially in the first two periods, and they pounced on the scoring opportunities they got. I do think the Blades third goal should not have counted as I thought it was blatant goalie interference (sure, the Blades forward with both skates in the blue paint can just shove his stick right through the goalie, that's no problem...) but junior-hockey officiating often isn't the best so there you go.

Rested Blades team + tired Moose team + Moose maybe taking the Blades for granted = upset win. Hopefully the Moose can take advantage of a tired Knights squad tomorrow night.

johnnydrum 05-20-2013 01:42 PM

What goal by Stransky on the breakaway. He looked much better than what I had read....and Makarov too, blimey.
Must say, on the radio, all i could hear was some marauding runs by Pfhul and Dietz.
What a tournament this is.
As special as the Mooseheads clearly are, I honestly love the fact that the considered "lower" team bumped them off.

NTDP 05-20-2013 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnydrum (Post 66339183)
What goal by Stransky on the breakaway. He looked much better than what I had read....and Makarov too, blimey.
Must say, on the radio, all i could hear was some marauding runs by Pfhul and Dietz.
What a tournament this is.
As special as the Mooseheads clearly are, I honestly love the fact that the considered "lower" team bumped them off.

I think it boils down to the fact that Haliax is now playing teams that have the type of style that they haven't really seen throughout the Q playoffs. Yeah there is some good defensemen in the Q, but nothing like the those big western Canadian farm boys who know how to play guys like MacKinnon and Drouin. Moose head coach even said the team was ready to play and the back to back days wouldn't matter. It just shows the lack of strength on the back end plus tough power forwards that Halifax lacks. The London game should be great. I think London beats em though, they'll be in their face all game long, something the Drakkar and Huskies just couldn't do on that level.

sipowicz 05-20-2013 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by optimus2861 (Post 66337759)

Rested Blades team + tired Moose team + Moose maybe taking the Blades for granted = upset win. Hopefully the Moose can take advantage of a tired Knights squad tomorrow night.

Actually: average team in better league (WHL) against top team in weak league (QMJHL), Blades the better team and won.

Sidekick 05-21-2013 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sipowicz (Post 66363721)
Actually: average team in better league (WHL) against top team in weak league (QMJHL), Blades the better team and won.

Blades are better than average. Sure, not the best. But top 5 (maybe top 7), I would say. One series does not undo their regular season success. Also, they were at home, with more rest, and more desperate.

And the Blades might have won the game, but I wouldn't say they were the better team. They had stretches of time when they were, but in my opinion the Mooseheads had more of those stretches.

The "weak" league has won the last 2 Memorial Cups.

Libbs 05-21-2013 02:40 PM

WHL hasn't won since the 2008 Spokane Chiefs.

HFX902 05-21-2013 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cfriss216 (Post 66345851)
I think it boils down to the fact that Haliax is now playing teams that have the type of style that they haven't really seen throughout the Q playoffs. Yeah there is some good defensemen in the Q, but nothing like the those big western Canadian farm boys who know how to play guys like MacKinnon and Drouin. Moose head coach even said the team was ready to play and the back to back days wouldn't matter. It just shows the lack of strength on the back end plus tough power forwards that Halifax lacks. The London game should be great. I think London beats em though, they'll be in their face all game long, something the Drakkar and Huskies just couldn't do on that level.

Disagree :shakehead


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:46 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.