HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   St. Louis Blues (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Pie and Shattenkirk contracts (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1432873)

stlweir 05-20-2013 11:50 AM

Pie and Shattenkirk contracts

What do you think it will take to sign these two to 5 year deals?

Vladys Gumption 05-20-2013 12:22 PM

Petro gets around 6. Shatty around 4.

Randall Ritchey 05-20-2013 01:10 PM

I see Petro getting the max term around 6-6.5

Alklha 05-20-2013 01:44 PM

I'd be shocked if Pietrangelo got anything other than the 8 year maximum. That takes him to 31, basically his prime and a good position to sign another full term deal if all goes as expected. As for money, he'll get as much as he wants, if he is willing to really push for it. If he wants $7.5m, then he'll get it. I expect he'll be happy with $6.5m though.

I'd expect Shattenkirk to sign for 6 years at around $4.25m.

I'm more curious about when we'll start getting the deals signed.

Oberyn 05-20-2013 05:14 PM

I see Petro getting $45.5m over 7 years.

Shatty gets $22.5m over 5 years.

Bruv 05-20-2013 05:27 PM

Pietrangelo is a must sign

BlueDream 05-20-2013 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cudi (Post 66346657)

They both are. Do you really think the Blues would not sign them? :laugh:

Pietrangelo at 6.5 for 7-8 years and Shattenkirk at a little over 4 for at least 5 years sounds good to me.

Brez50 05-20-2013 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cudi (Post 66346657)

Shatty is too....I bought his shirt this year!:laugh:

Bruv 05-20-2013 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueDream (Post 66351905)

Pietrangelo at 6.5 for 7-8 years and Shattenkirk at a little over 4 for at least 5 years sounds good to me.

I agree they both are.. but if all else fails and for some reason only one can be signed, Pietrangelo should be the first to be locked up

BlueDream 05-21-2013 04:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cudi (Post 66359847)
I agree they both are.. but if all else fails and for some reason only one can be signed, Pietrangelo should be the first to be locked up

Obviously, but they will both be signed. There is no chance they wouldn't be able to sign one. These two are the two top priorities over all the other RFA's.

stlweir 05-21-2013 01:53 PM

Keep guessing.

BadgersandBlues 05-21-2013 02:04 PM

I think Armstrong works his magic and we lock up AP to an 8 year, 6 million AAV deal.

Shatty takes a 6 year deal worth 4.25 AAV.

nicholas89alex 05-21-2013 03:41 PM

I would be happy with 6.5 for petro and 4.5 for shattenkirk

superblues 05-21-2013 04:49 PM

I heard a rumor that Philly's looking to offer sheet Petro, a la Shea Weber last year. I understand Philly'd have to dump serious money to do so, but is it really out of the question? What about some other team?

I would think Petro's agent understands this and will be looking for big dollars, long term. I wouldn't at all be surprised to be talking ballpark of 7M+ for 6+.

Alklha 05-21-2013 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superblues (Post 66387921)
I heard a rumor that Philly's looking to offer sheet Petro, a la Shea Weber last year. I understand Philly'd have to dump serious money to do so, but is it really out of the question? What about some other team?

I would think Petro's agent understands this and will be looking for big dollars, long term. I wouldn't at all be surprised to be talking ballpark of 7M+ for 6+.

That rumour is all fan talk, Philly urgently need a top quality defenseman and the Blues have had financial issues in the recent past... doesn't mean that they wouldn't jump at the chance, but it isn't even June yet.

As I said earlier, Pietrangelo can basically name his price. I'll give Armstrong plenty of credit if he gets other players on good contracts, but he won't be the factor if we get Pietrangelo on a good deal.

Izzy 05-21-2013 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueDream (Post 66351905)

Petro is obviously the priority to sign though.

bluesman11 05-21-2013 07:48 PM

There's a few things we don't know, how happy is AP playing for this organization and the city, what he thinks of the overall direction and its chances to getting to the next level, does he enjoy playing with this young core, does this even matter because he just wants the money. Without knowing what he desires makes it pretty difficult to guess what will happen.

As a fan I hope that it's fair for both sides so they're able to continue to build a strong team around him. In the short term The Blues have some leverage because he's a RFA, but if wants big money I don't see how this organization can afford to give him crazy money down the road. If that's his desire I don't see him signing a long term deal for 6 to 6.5, he would be better off taking the gamble and signing a shorter term deal so he has all the leverage when he's a UFA. Now I'm assuming and I'm pretty sure I can say with all confidence The Blues want him long term, but any long term deal is a gamble for any organization, let's remember he's not at Lidstrom's level yet, but has plenty of time to get there.

I think the length and the amount will give us a better idea about his true feelings.

BlueDream 05-21-2013 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Izzy Mandelbaum (Post 66394191)
Petro is obviously the priority to sign though.

Gee thanks for telling me that our franchise player is the priority, I wasn't aware.

The fact that you guys are making posts about it is what's funny considering there is no chance the Blues would not sign EITHER of them.

Prongo 05-21-2013 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alklha (Post 66388419)
That rumour is all fan talk, Philly urgently need a top quality defenseman and the Blues have had financial issues in the recent past... doesn't mean that they wouldn't jump at the chance, but it isn't even June yet.

As I said earlier, Pietrangelo can basically name his price. I'll give Armstrong plenty of credit if he gets other players on good contracts, but he won't be the factor if we get Pietrangelo on a good deal.

Not necessarily fan talk. Timmy P. our beat writer for Comcast sportsnet reported it could be a possiblilty, and Holmgren has been on record as saying he will do whatever it takes at all cost to improve his team.

Now, of course Piety has to sign that offer sheet if one is extended to him, which is a debate all by itself. Just saying that it just isn't fake internet rumors, but an actual source(if you want to call him that) has been on record saying it could happen.

Alklha 05-21-2013 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prongo (Post 66405793)
Not necessarily fan talk. Timmy P. our beat writer for Comcast sportsnet reported it could be a possiblilty, and Holmgren has been on record as saying he will do whatever it takes at all cost to improve his team.

Now, of course Piety has to sign that offer sheet if one is extended to him, which is a debate all by itself. Just saying that it just isn't fake internet rumors, but an actual source(if you want to call him that) has been on record saying it could happen.

It is basically the same thing, your beat writer doesn't have any inside knowledge on it and is just making the same logical guesses that the majority of fans are. But then, it is extremely unlikely that the Flyers made an offer to Subban... so maybe they don't see offersheets as the way forward.

Either way, I don't think Pietrangelo makes it to RFA for it to become an issue.

BlueDream 05-22-2013 03:25 AM

Well signing Pietrangelo to an offer sheet will do nothing to improve Philadelphia's team.

Izzy 05-22-2013 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueDream (Post 66400999)
Gee thanks for telling me that our franchise player is the priority, I wasn't aware.

The fact that you guys are making posts about it is what's funny considering there is no chance the Blues would not sign EITHER of them.

Hence the obviously.

Fluff Master 05-22-2013 06:58 AM

Guestimating Pietrangelo for 6 years at 6+, and Shattenkirk at 4 years around 4.5+

Prongo 05-22-2013 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueDream (Post 66420987)
Well signing Pietrangelo to an offer sheet will do nothing to improve Philadelphia's team.

Very true. With the new rules in place, it's difficult to make it so ridiculous to have a team think about not matching. I would much rather go the trade route, that is an even longer shot than the offer sheet :laugh:

From an outsiders perspective on contracts. I think pietrangelo will get 7 million per year and shatty gets around 5. All fan bases want home town discounts but that's 3 words an agent never want to hear.

bleedblue1223 05-22-2013 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prongo (Post 66423409)
Very true. With the new rules in place, it's difficult to make it so ridiculous to have a team think about not matching. I would much rather go the trade route, that is an even longer shot than the offer sheet :laugh:

From an outsiders perspective on contracts. I think pietrangelo will get 7 million per year and shatty gets around 5. All fan bases want home town discounts but that's 3 words an agent never want to hear.

Petro could get that, but HF keeps overrating Shatty like none other.