HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Columbus Blue Jackets (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Proposal: Nick Foligno (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1433397)

Riptide 05-21-2013 11:18 AM

Nick Foligno
 
Curious as to what Columbus would want for him?

Would something around him and Matt Niskanen work? He has a cap hit of 2.3m, and will be a UFA next season. He's 26 yrs old. I know Columbus has a strong D core, but I'm not sure what else Pens could realistically offer.

Saad Panda 05-21-2013 11:24 AM

Not only do we have a strong D core, but Fogger is among the core identity of this team and is largely thought of as a key piece. We also have a shortage of forwards with his ability. So ask yourself why on Earth we would trade him for a redundant defenseman?

Riptide 05-21-2013 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ludicrous Speed (Post 66375957)
Not only do we have a strong D core, but Fogger is among the core identity of this team and is largely thought of as a key piece. We also have a shortage of forwards with his ability.

Wasn't aware of that. I don't watch the Jackets unless they're playing the Pens, so I have no clue what their needs are or aren't.

major major 05-21-2013 11:37 AM

I wouldn't trade Foligno for a pile of Niskanen's. I can't even think of a realistic asking price for a deal with Pittsburgh. Maybe Orpik, but he has only one year left on his deal.

Riptide 05-21-2013 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by major major (Post 66376469)
I wouldn't trade Foligno for a pile of Niskanen's. I can't even think of a realistic asking price for a deal with Pittsburgh. Maybe Orpik, but he has only one year left on his deal.

I'd probably do that, however he has a limited NTC. And the fact that he's in the last year of his deal would probably turn JK off.

blahblah 05-21-2013 12:08 PM

Unless he's part of a deal that brings back a 30 goal scorer, I doubt anything is going to happen. So unless you are looking to clear up cap space by trading Neil, as an example, there really isn't anything to talk about. Since you aren't, there isn't. There is no reason to think Bennett would be in play.

I have no idea why someone around here even brought up Orpik.

Overall, nada.

major major 05-21-2013 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blahblah (Post 66377793)
Unless he's part of a deal that brings back a 30 goal scorer, I doubt anything is going to happen. So unless you are looking to clear up cap space by trading Neil, as an example, there really isn't anything to talk about. Since you aren't, there isn't. There is no reason to think Bennett would be in play.

I have no idea why someone around here even brought up Orpik.

Overall, nada.

Yeah, this more closely resembles my position than my earlier post.

SuperGenius 05-21-2013 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riptide (Post 66376071)
Wasn't aware of that. I don't watch the Jackets unless they're playing the Pens, so I have no clue what their needs are or aren't.

Seems like it might be a good idea to look into this before making a proposal. :sarcasm:

Sore Loser 05-21-2013 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperGenius (Post 66379559)
Seems like it might be a good idea to look into this before making a proposal. :sarcasm:

Was going to say the exact same thing.

Riptide 05-21-2013 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperGenius (Post 66379559)
Seems like it might be a good idea to look into this before making a proposal. :sarcasm:

So instead of asking asking what it would take to get a player, and if something around player X would work... I should ask... what exactly?

Fro 05-21-2013 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riptide (Post 66386413)
So instead of asking asking what it would take to get a player, and if something around player X would work... I should ask... what exactly?

have a general knowledge of what team b needs...

major major 05-21-2013 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fro (Post 66386617)
have a general knowledge of what team b needs...

Looks to me like riptide came here to ask us what the needs were. Appropriate in my book.

Timeless Winter 05-21-2013 04:30 PM

Geez, we don't have to attack a guy if he doesn't know the team as well as we do.



Anyway, we shall take Simon Despres. :)

Fro 05-21-2013 04:38 PM

its me spending too much time on the trade board...too many ppl on HF just throwing names out like the second part of his post saying Niskinen...i have no problems coming in to see if there's any value, but the OP wasn't prepared to discuss anything b/c he didn't have any knowledge of the other teams' needs...

SuperGenius 05-21-2013 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riptide (Post 66386413)
So instead of asking asking what it would take to get a player, and if something around player X would work... I should ask... what exactly?

Maybe consider whether the player would really be available then perhaps consider what the needs may be. I generally think most HF trade discussion is a waste of time. It's particularly goofy to me when the proposal involves a player that a team has no reason to move.

For instance, you mention the CBJ's strength in defenseman and then offer ....a defenseman. o_O

I don't mean to sound "harsh", it's nothing personal. I just never get this kind of thing when it's so far from reality. I should probably stay out of these kinds of threads to begin with.

Robert 05-21-2013 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperGenius (Post 66388909)
Maybe consider whether the player would really be available then perhaps consider what the needs may be. I generally think most HF trade discussion is a waste of time. It's particularly goofy to me when the proposal involves a player that a team has no reason to move.

For instance, you mention the CBJ's strength in defenseman and then offer ....a defenseman. o_O

I don't mean to sound "harsh", it's nothing personal. I just never get this kind of thing when it's so far from reality. I should probably stay out of these kinds of threads to begin with.

OT... I lke that new Av... sort of reminds of season one season tickets...

EspenK 05-21-2013 07:34 PM

Personally unless someone comes here and asks about Umberger or Nikitin I think they should save their effort and go play elsewhere. Don't they know all of our guys are untouchables or near untouchables?

Double-Shift Lassť 05-21-2013 07:40 PM

This whole forum is just toxic.

Have no idea whether the FO might want to move Foligno, but I sure don't. We'd have to replace him at forward, so there's that. Not really sure there's a deal to be made there.

Robert 05-21-2013 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť (Post 66396101)
This whole forum is just toxic.

Have no idea whether the FO might want to move Foligno, but I sure don't. We'd have to replace him at forward, so there's that. Not really sure there's a deal to be made there.

Foligno was one of the guys I credited for contributing to our amazing season turn... I won't say trading him is out of the question but if so it better be a good deal, I want to keep Foligno, I like his family NHL pedigree and I like his heart...

major major 05-21-2013 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert (Post 66401635)
Foligno was one of the guys I credited for contributing to our amazing season turn... I won't say trading him is out of the question but if so it better be a good deal, I want to keep Foligno, I like his family NHL pedigree and I like his heart...

Agreed. I love that guy.

db2011 05-22-2013 12:00 AM

I can think of one guy that says nyet


thos 05-22-2013 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riptide (Post 66376071)
Wasn't aware of that. I don't watch the Jackets unless they're playing the Pens, so I have no clue what their needs are or aren't.

I don't watch the Pens unless they're playing the Jackets.

Friedrich 05-22-2013 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidbklyn (Post 66416665)
I can think of one guy that says nyet


Yup. Foligno and Bob seem to have a good friendship, something I noticed from the very first game. Nick is almost always the last guy to go up to him and he lingers with him longer. One of the pictures on NHL.com showed Bob with Nick and even through Bob's mask you can see him having a huge smile.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:21 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.