HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Mock Drafts (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   Hockey Lobby Mock Draft - Most complete mock draft (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1433593)

Jabba11 05-21-2013 07:28 PM

Hockey Lobby Mock Draft - Most complete mock draft

Hey guys!

This is my latest Mock Draft with the standings as of today. I believe strongly this is my most complete mock draft ever...for real. Each player is ranked according to BPA and most possible by the needs of each teams as well. I've put a lot of work and research into it. As always, feel free to comment, whether you hate it or love it.

Enjoy the reading!

http://hockeylobby.blogspot.ca/2013/...ercard_21.html
Quote:

1:avs

Seth Jones (D) – Portland Winterhawks
Colorado picks the most coveted player of the draft. Growing up in Denver, Jones will play for his childhood team. Jones has great athleticism and work ethic, combined with a great talent and vision on ice. Kid’s potential is unlimited. NHL comparison: Alex Pietrangelo + Keith Yandle
2:panthers

Nathan MacKinnon (C) – Halifax Mooseheads
Dale Tallon will be ecstatic to pick MacKinnon, as he will be their go-to-guy with Huberdeau for years to come. He possesses the most explosive first 3 steps of the draft combined with a nose for the net. His defensive play is very well rounded as well. NHL comparison: Taylor Hall + Tyler Seguin
3:bolts

Jonathan Drouin (LW) – Halifax Mooseheads
With Marty St.-Louis not getting younger, Tampa Bay will have the perfect winger for Stamkos to reach the 70 goals plateau in the near future. Basically the prospect with the best hands of this year’s draft and the past previous ones. NHL comparison: Patrick Kane + Martin St.-Louis

boredmale 05-21-2013 07:34 PM

If the Islanders(15) want to draft Fucale, I hope they would look to trade down 4-5 spots first. I could see a team around 19-20 really liking a player and wanting a stab at them first that the Islanders might be able to squeeze out a 2nd rounder

All that being said the Islanders might just be better served to take BPA at 15, and that player could either be used as trade bait sometime down the line or part of our future.

Kritty 05-21-2013 07:37 PM

As much as I like Domi, I just don't see any way the Flames take him that early when Darnell Nurse could be there still. The Flames have two big needs and Domi doesn't fill either. He could be a top line C but his size also limits him against the big centres in the West. If they want Domi, I'd just as well trade down and try to get him and Horvat.

Trae 05-21-2013 07:51 PM

I will be pretty disappointed if the Flames don't walk away from this draft with one of Monahan or Lindholm, unless of course one of the big 4 fall to us.

Chapin Landvogt 05-21-2013 07:51 PM

Would be very surprised to see the Islanders grab a goalie at 15.

They could use an answer in net now, something they'll have to find on the market.

In addition, they have three goaltenders in the system who show some real promise. I doubt Snow has given up on all three not being a number one caliber goalie at some point in the near future.

Vankiller Whale 05-21-2013 07:58 PM

Looks pretty solid. From Vancouver I don't think Gillis will take an undersized player with our 1st pick, and I'd prefer Morrissey at that point over Petan.

My only minor complaint is that in some of your NHL comparisons you have players like Sean Couturier who we have no idea how he good he might end up being, or Morgan Rielly, who has yet to even play in the NHL.

And a minor detail, for Barkov, you said he had unremarkable vision and then compared him to Joe Thornton. I assume you meant simply remarkable vision.

Jabba11 05-21-2013 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale (Post 66393373)
Looks pretty solid. From Vancouver I don't think Gillis will take an undersized player with our 1st pick, and I'd prefer Morrissey at that point over Petan.

My only minor complaint is that in some of your NHL comparisons you have players like Sean Couturier who we have no idea how he good he might end up being, or Morgan Rielly, who has yet to even play in the NHL.

And a minor detail, for Barkov, you said he had unremarkable vision and then compared him to Joe Thornton. I assume you meant simply remarkable vision.

Thanks! My mistake. I'll correct it.

I have to say here are the only picks that I thought would gather some criticism:

- Domi to the Flames
- Fucale to the Isles (because he's a goaltender)
- Ryan Hartman to the Red Wings
- Nic Petan to Vancouver (because of his size)

Mathmew Purrrr Oh 05-21-2013 08:07 PM

I have issues with the #16 pick as Zykov is not a Dman playing for the Knights :)

Nascarfan12 05-21-2013 08:09 PM

What if (After the AVs name Roy as coach). He's seen Fucale and McKinnon for like 2 years and wants to go with someone he knows about ?

Jabba11 05-21-2013 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nascarfan12 (Post 66394199)
What if (After the AVs name Roy as coach). He's seen Fucale and McKinnon for like 2 years and wants to go with someone he knows about ?

I can see him give some tips but not for the 1st overall. Colorado staff probably knows more about Jones than Roy does. But I can see Roy suggest a steal pick with Sorensen or Duclair in the 2nd or later rounds.

DJB 05-21-2013 08:41 PM

Just for the record Bryan Murray has never drafted a kid from the Q in the first round. So don't really see Gauthier going to the Sens...

canucksfan100 05-21-2013 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale (Post 66393373)

0 chance in hell Canucks pick Petan.

Emerica 05-21-2013 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJB (Post 66396213)
Just for the record Bryan Murray has never drafted a kid from the Q in the first round. So don't really see Gauthier going to the Sens...

Doesn't make much sense to me either. Seriously doubt we go C in the 1st round, we need some wingers and/or D before centers imo.

Would much rather pick Hartman, Mantha or even Lazar at that spot.

Morry83 05-21-2013 09:09 PM

No way the Stars take Wennberg over Shinkaruk.

This is an extremely odd mock draft. A lot of questionable and strange placements and selections...

usascout1 05-21-2013 09:19 PM

I would also like to see the Flames walk away from this draft with either one of Monahan or Lindholm.

DJB 05-21-2013 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emerica (Post 66397935)
Doesn't make much sense to me either. Seriously doubt we go C in the 1st round, we need some wingers and/or D before centers imo.

Would much rather pick Hartman, Mantha or even Lazar at that spot.

Granted Huberdeau would have been the first had he fallen. Exceptional player though.

Murray pretty much sticks to OHL, WHL and Sweden. Which is perfect because those are the guys I like.

The only Q player other than McKinnon and Drouin who won't be available I could see the Sens drafting is Erne. Creampuffs like Gauthier and Mantha just doesn't cut it.

Sundinisagod 05-21-2013 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morry83 (Post 66398209)
No way the Stars take Wennberg over Shinkaruk.

This is an extremely odd mock draft. A lot of questionable and strange placements and selections...

How do you know this?

DEVILS ALL THE WAY* 05-21-2013 09:41 PM

Devils select Nichushkin?

Well thank you very much ;)

Sundinisagod 05-21-2013 09:47 PM

I also had Mantha to the Leafs at 21 in my mock.

DeltaSwede 05-21-2013 10:29 PM

Vancouver will likely go big and mean with scoring touch.

Horvat, Rychel, Mantha, Hartman, Lazar, or Erne.

Looking at it realistically I hope the Canucks get one of Rychel, Hartman or Mantha. Would be extremely pleased with any of those picks. If none of them are available, get Hägg, I think he is better than Ristolainen.

Jabba11 05-21-2013 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeltaSwede (Post 66405817)
Vancouver will likely go big and mean with scoring touch.

Horvat, Rychel, Mantha, Hartman, Lazar, or Erne.

Looking at it realistically I hope the Canucks get one of Rychel, Hartman or Mantha. Would be extremely pleased with any of those picks. If none of them are available, get Hägg, I think he is better than Ristolainen.

I like Hägg also. He's in the mix with all the defenseman available: Madison Bowey, Samuel Morin, Josh Morrissey, Shea Theodore, Mirco Mueller.

I can see Petan, Rychel and Hägg being the top 3 choices for Vancouver.

Maitz 05-21-2013 10:54 PM

Mantha will be a Habs by June 30th.

Habs won't pass on him. He really wants to play for Habs. He grew up in my city and there was an article in local newspapers couple of weeks ago about Mantha concern on his draft rank and would do anything to play for Habs.

TriPPinVdUb 05-21-2013 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kritty (Post 66391891)
As much as I like Domi, I just don't see any way the Flames take him that early when Darnell Nurse could be there still. The Flames have two big needs and Domi doesn't fill either. He could be a top line C but his size also limits him against the big centres in the West. If they want Domi, I'd just as well trade down and try to get him and Horvat.

No way in hell they take Domi in the 6th spot, that would immediately mark the end of Feasters run as GM. It's either Lindholm, Monohan or the Rusky depending on how his interview goes.

Emerica 05-21-2013 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maitz (Post 66408099)
Mantha will be a Habs by June 30th.

Habs won't pass on him. He really wants to play for Habs. He grew up in my city and there was an article in local newspapers couple of weeks ago about Mantha concern on his draft rank and would do anything to play for Habs.

To bad he has no say on which team he goes to.

The Podium 05-21-2013 11:00 PM

I would be very disappointed to miss out on Pulock by one pick.