HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Practice (5-22) Lines - Penner up to 2nd -Brown down, cliffy up (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1434049)

deeshamrock 05-22-2013 02:05 PM

Practice (5-22) Lines - Penner up to 2nd -Brown down, cliffy up
 
Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 9m New lines at Kings practice. Brown now with Lewis and King. Clifford with Kopitar/Williams. Penner with Richards/Carter.


The Mayor John Hoven ‏@mayorNHL 3m No changes on D at #LAKings practice.


Good to finally see Penner up on the 2nd. I think that will really help that line.

I hope that that effort in the 3rd last night is something that the team takes to heart. going uip 3-0 last year in every round was an anomaly. You have to put in a full 60 or close to it to win.
They showed in that last period that they can do that, esp the top 2 lines. The Kings need both producing to be effective.

Live in the Now 05-22-2013 02:10 PM

Good. They needed to break that top line up, if they didn't, we'd be riding it all the way out of the playoffs. Dunno if Clifford with Kopi will work though.

CowMix 05-22-2013 02:11 PM

I'm really hoping this is true, why was it removed? Sutter should consider letting Penner cover Thornton cause Richards is just not big enough. I know hes not a center but maybe they can make it work :/ Richards or Carter can still take the draws.

Sydor25 05-22-2013 02:14 PM

I haven't seen anything about the defensive pairs, but here are the lines:

Sutter mixes up lines again. King-Lewis-Brown, Penner-Richards-Carter, Clifford-kopitar-williams, richardson-Fraser-Toffoli

Herby 05-22-2013 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CowMix (Post 66437145)
I'm really hoping this is true, why was it removed? Sutter should consider letting Penner cover Thornton cause Richards is just not big enough. I know hes not a center but maybe they can make it work :/ Richards or Carter can still take the draws.

DS has the last change, pretty sure we will see more of Kopi against JT tomorrow at Staples. Sutter started out game 1 with the Richards line against JT but quickly switched to Kopitar or Stoll.

Kings are much better off matching Richards against Couture

Herby 05-22-2013 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sydor25 (Post 66437265)
I haven't seen anything about the defensive pairs, but here are the lines:

Sutter mixes up lines again. King-Lewis-Brown, Penner-Richards-Carter, Clifford-kopitar-williams, richardson-Fraser-Toffoli

King-Lewis-Brown?

Kopitar with Clifford?

Not sure what to think, I do like Penner back up on MR line

damacles1156 05-22-2013 02:22 PM

Scored a grand total of Four 5 on 5 goals this series, have to do something.

The Kings almost had quadruple that number last year by this time.

Penner/Richards/Carter is the top line.

Everyone has lost their game or playing like garbage.

Sutter may want to keep Browns minutes down even more, keep his energy level up high.

KINGS17 05-22-2013 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Herby (Post 66437475)
King-Lewis-Brown?

Kopitar with Clifford?

Not sure what to think, I do like Penner back up on MR line

I don't see how this helps, but I suppose Sutter has to try something.

The Kings are really feeling the loss of Stoll.

deeshamrock 05-22-2013 02:27 PM

I wonder if King=Lewis _Brown is a muscle line? Maybe DS wants them out on Thorton's line as a shut down line only. Leaving the top 2 lines to not have that unsightly task and maybe have more time in the O zone.

deeshamrock 05-22-2013 02:29 PM

Quote:

The Kings are really feeling the loss of Stoll
.

and how.. HUGE Loss...hopefully the Kings get their act together, take the next 2 and Stoll 's neck injury is healed enough to play by round 3.

Omni Owl 05-22-2013 02:30 PM

Sounds good to me, just PLEASE put Martinez in, please please please, our record speaks for itself with him playing...

YP44 05-22-2013 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deeshamrock (Post 66437885)
I wonder if King=Lewis _Brown is a muscle line? Maybe DS wants them out on Thorton's line as a shut down line only. Leaving the top 2 lines to not have that unsightly task and maybe have more time in the O zone.

As long as it leads to putting the puck in the net before a whistle I will be happy.
Last nights game was such a **** show. Bad call on the ****** second goal, the whistled off goal, than a bunch of make up calls that we could not capitalize on. Just disappointing. If the refs let the players play I like our odds.

Ollie Weeks 05-22-2013 02:44 PM

Some of Kopitar's slumpbusters have been alongside the grinders in years past. There was one shift last night where he was out there in place of Fraser, I thought he looked pretty alive with his new wingmates.

damacles1156 05-22-2013 02:50 PM

At this point does it matter ? Richards/Carter seem to be the only guys able to score

BigBrown 05-22-2013 03:05 PM

Can't hurt, might as well load up with all the firepower on one line. Sucks that our fourth line is such a mess, I remember last year when it was the catalyst for so many good plays by just cycling the puck over and over and punishing d-men.

Ziggy Stardust 05-22-2013 03:07 PM

Brown really has been lousy of late (although is linemates have been no better). If Williams continues to stink and turnover pucks constantly, they should move Toffoli to the top line and demote Williams.

Cruel11 05-22-2013 03:36 PM

@helennothelen
Quote:

Looong team meeting after Kings' practice. Still waiting to hear from Darryl Sutter
Good. Sutter is probably showing them the disastrous first period.

CowMix 05-22-2013 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deeshamrock (Post 66437949)
.

and how.. HUGE Loss...hopefully the Kings get their act together, take the next 2 and Stoll 's neck injury is healed enough to play by round 3.

have they said what stoll's injury is?

Raccoon Jesus 05-22-2013 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cruel11 (Post 66441209)
@helennothelen


Good. Sutter is probably showing them the disastrous first period.

That is awesome.

Yes, I hope he tapes their eyes open and they have to watch it several times.

deeshamrock 05-22-2013 04:07 PM

Quote:

Good. Sutter is probably showing them the disastrous first period.
As well he should on the biggest screen he can find.
That was the worst 20 minutes I've seen them play. If we had to suffer that pain watching, so should they.


Quote:

have they said what stoll's injury is?
No, officially it's 'upper body' I read on in an out of town article a couple days ago that 'sources ' close to the Kings said he was being treated for a neck injury. Of course the 'sources' might not be accurate. But the way he was hit, it could be.

Whatever it is...hopefully he's getting better.

King'sPawn 05-22-2013 04:18 PM

I bet the Kings first too many men on the ice penalty is 12 minutes into the first. Who's calling over/under?

KINGS17 05-22-2013 04:19 PM

Sutter said in a recent interview that Stoll was following the protocol. He has a concussion, obviously.

Captain Mittens* 05-22-2013 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deeshamrock (Post 66442867)




No, officially it's 'upper body' I read on in an out of town article a couple days ago that 'sources ' close to the Kings said he was being treated for a neck injury. Of course the 'sources' might not be accurate. But the way he was hit, it could be.
.

This what I love about this place. You have 20 other Kings fans reading papers and passing on the info you wanna know


Thanks deesham! :clap:


Quote:

Originally Posted by KINGS17 (Post 66443363)
Sutter said in a recent interview that Stoll was following the protocol. He has a concussion, obviously.

Will he be back by Christmas?

KINGS17 05-22-2013 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dingo (Post 66443425)
Will he be back by Christmas?

Along with Allison and Deadmarsh, yes. Allison may be back in time to play in Game 5 and they can really use him in the lineup against Thornton.

MynameisKing 05-22-2013 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KINGS17 (Post 66443563)
Along with Allison and Deadmarsh, yes. Allison may be back in time to play in Game 5 and they can really use him in the lineup against Thornton.

Oh WoW! Allison and Deadmarsh is coming back!! We sure do really need the boost......:p:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:08 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.