HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Ranger Prospect Poll - #14 (TIE-BREAKER) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=143424)

FLYLine24 05-17-2005 04:19 PM

Ranger Prospect Poll - #14 (TIE-BREAKER)

Giroux or Lampman? I think theres a better chance of Lampman being a 4-5 dman then Giroux being a 2nd liner. Its a close call though.

NYRangers 05-17-2005 04:41 PM

I dont see it close at all.

Fletch 05-17-2005 05:03 PM

It is tough...

because I can see both as AHLers easier than NHLers. I went with Giroux. Thought he broke out this year and is at least poised to get a fair look if there is a training camp. Lampman's pretty ordinary and has a lot of competition for the 1-7 defenseman spot. His ordinariness, and in my opinion limitation to upside, gives the nod to Giroux from me.

Balej20* 05-17-2005 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYLine4LIFE
Giroux or Lampman? I think theres a better chance of Lampman being a 4-5 dman then Giroux being a 2nd liner. Its a close call though.

wwoooowww that is a hot Avator

Onion Boy 05-17-2005 06:55 PM

I like Giroux, but my vote goes to Lampman. He's a solid player on the back end and while probably maxing out as a 5-6 defensemen, the chances of him reaching that are higher than Giroux who I see mainly as a career AHLer. If Giroux can put it all together and delevop more consistency, however, there's no reason he can't become a fixture on future 2nd/3rd lines.

Radek27 05-17-2005 08:03 PM

I think Lampman will make the club when the NHL returns.

FLYLine24 05-17-2005 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balej20
wwoooowww that is a hot Avator

Thanks, i try to change it up once and awhile. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYRangers
I dont see it close at all.

It would be better to give an explanation one why that is your opinion...

Balej20* 05-17-2005 10:43 PM

I see it as Giroux having more upside potential...but Lampman being more of a sure bet 5 or 6 guy.

Brooklyn Ranger 05-17-2005 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fletch
because I can see both as AHLers easier than NHLers. I went with Giroux. Thought he broke out this year and is at least poised to get a fair look if there is a training camp. Lampman's pretty ordinary and has a lot of competition for the 1-7 defenseman spot. His ordinariness, and in my opinion limiation to upside, gives the nod to Giroux from me.

I agree--couldn't have said it better.

Kovy274Hart 05-18-2005 01:41 AM

Voted for Giroux cause I feel he has more upside. Lampman at best is a 6th or 7th D. Giroux could be on an energy line.

Ola 05-18-2005 06:04 AM

Like every player have their ups and downs, I guess so does Giroux and I've only caught him in "not so good games". I have yet too see him show anything extra. He is decent all-around and have shown willingness to get into tough areas and put the puck into the net. But he have shown nothing to me in allot of areas, all the small plays are missing IMO. Plays that makes his linemate better, if it is backchecking/passing/smart screens ect. I just don't see him making it to the NHL...

Lampman is a player I love to see in the org. Smart 2-way defensemens like that can be really valueble. He needs to improve even more before he can establish himself in the NHL, but it seems like he is on track atleast....

Sonny Lamateena 05-18-2005 07:10 AM

I took Giroux, this team is going to need some players who can put the puck in the net and only 10 players in the AHL scored more goals then him.

Taz 05-18-2005 10:03 AM

Top scorer for Hartford, resonded when benched that one time, showed up for the play offs and is developing more and more consistancy. Can score, fight, check and create goals

Giroux

I kinda like lampman but he isnt anything special

007 05-18-2005 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sjb3599
I like Giroux, but my vote goes to Lampman. He's a solid player on the back end and while probably maxing out as a 5-6 defensemen, the chances of him reaching that are higher than Giroux who I see mainly as a career AHLer. If Giroux can put it all together and delevop more consistency, however, there's no reason he can't become a fixture on future 2nd/3rd lines.

Agreed.

FLYLine24 05-18-2005 10:42 AM

Wow, 21 votes for each..lets hope it doesnt end in another tie..

FLYLine24 05-18-2005 04:43 PM

Tied.....im giving the tie-breaker to Giroux since he had 1 more extra vote then Lampman on the first #14 poll.

Onion Boy 05-18-2005 06:44 PM

Wow, talk about a tight race.