HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Ottawa Senators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   GDT: Game 5 @ The Consol Energy Center | 7:30 O'Clock Puck Drop | White Flag Edition | (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1434989)

The Waffler 05-24-2013 01:20 AM

Game 5 @ The Consol Energy Center | 7:30 O'Clock Puck Drop | White Flag Edition |

http://www.hannahshopeministries.org...white-flag.jpg

So basically this is it. Our last stand against the big bad Penguins. We've put up a hell of a fight, but they have us on our heels. To put it lightly, they've given us quite the beating so far. Everyone is bruised and battered and beat up. Our stars, who have returned from long term injury in the regular season are surely feeling the grind of playoff hockey. This will be no easy task. But if anyone can take down this powerhouse of a Pittsburgh team while being down 3-1 in the series, it's these self-proclaimed "pesky Sens". Pesky. It's truly the identity this team has adopted. These pesky Sens have show time and time again that this team will will not give up and will not surrender until that final buzzer has gone. But again. This will be no easy task. These Sens have been doubted all season. At first, there was no way this team could repeat the success they had last year. This team starts 5-0. Then, Jason Spezza, Erik Karlsson, Milan Michalek and Craig Anderson all fall to injury. There was no way this team could make the playoffs without the top guys. There was now way this team could carry on with a line up that consists of 13 players playing their first career NHL games. There was just no way. But with the emergence of young up and comers like Mika Zibanejad, Jakob Silfverberg, Patrick Weircioch, Eric Gryba and especially Ben Bishop and Robin Lehner, there was a way. They found a way. But let's not discredit our leadership core. Daniel Alfredsson was by far our best skater all season at the age of 40 years old. Sergei Gonchar played the best hockey he's played since he's gotten here. This team brought it all together. They said yes when everybody told them no. That's why I believe this team, of any team, will take down the Pittsbugh Penguins.

And if you want to waive that white flag. I say **** you and your white flag. Go Sens Go.

Here is the line up and as usual, they will likely be completely inaccurate.

Senators:

Michalek - Spezza - Alfredsson
Greening -Turris - Condra
Smith - Zibanejad - Silfverberg
Conachar/Kassian - Pageau - Neil

Methot - Karlsson
Cowen - Gonchar
Benoit - Phillips

Anderson
Lehner

Penguins:

Dupuis - Crosby - Kunitz
Iginla - Malkin - Neal
Morrow - Sutter - Cooke
Glass - Adams - Kennedy

Martin - Orpik
Letang - Niskanen
Murray - Eaton

Vokoun
Fleury

So whether or not we win. We need to rally together as fans and show our boys the support they deserve. Of course coming up short is never what you want, but sometimes there's no control over it. We've had a good season, and whether it ends tonight or not, I'm proud of our boys. They've shown us a glimmer of hope and we know the best is yet to come.

It's all there. We're going to Pittsburgh, and we're going to Play.

HavlatMach9 05-24-2013 01:25 AM

Go Sens GO!!!!

Quo 05-24-2013 01:27 AM

Hell yes Waffles!

Go :sens Go!

Beville 05-24-2013 01:34 AM

Please, if we've got to lose, don't make it a blowout :(

Benjamin 05-24-2013 01:43 AM

Go Sens Go

Possible last game sadface

BonkTastic 05-24-2013 01:58 AM

White white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white

Hale The Villain 05-24-2013 02:37 AM

This team won't go down without a fight.

masterandy 05-24-2013 02:50 AM

Go.....Sens......Go.....

L'Aveuglette 05-24-2013 03:32 AM

Have I personally given up and waved the white flag? Probably not.

TheRobinGoblin 05-24-2013 03:53 AM

Step 05-24-2013 04:17 AM

We'll win this. There I said it.

bacon25 05-24-2013 04:18 AM

Gonna watch this one! Give em hell Sens!

Northern Neighbour 05-24-2013 04:48 AM

I'm going to miss this one due to work travel. But...

Go Sens Go!

Two Line Pass 05-24-2013 05:20 AM

http://sd.keepcalm-o-matic.co.uk/i/k...win-baby-1.png

BK201 05-24-2013 06:25 AM

Go sens go.

Yokai 05-24-2013 06:29 AM

Regardless of the result this has been an awesome year. Go Sens Go! Force those Penguins to march back to Ottawa.

MainDotC 05-24-2013 06:43 AM

Sens will win, just as they did a few years ago on an OT goal by Carkner.

Iamok 05-24-2013 06:55 AM

Let's keep it respectable.

OgieO 05-24-2013 07:12 AM

MacLean said there would be lineup changes. Anyone know who's in and who's out?

Oops, forgot to post that in white.

TheRobinGoblin 05-24-2013 07:29 AM

Wish I could bring some of the fans of Djurgården* in the SEL over to Pittsburgh, to help cheer for Ottawa!
The team is going to need all the help it can get!

*Zibby's old team.

FrankUllah 05-24-2013 07:35 AM

Lol wow sens are actually gonna destroy them tonight I can smell it :0

Nac Mac Feegle 05-24-2013 07:39 AM

Never give up! Never Surrender!

Penny Lane 05-24-2013 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Step (Post 66530773)
We'll win this. There I said it.

I think so too. But I thought we'd win game 4.

playasRus 05-24-2013 08:03 AM

Keep calm and Alfredss on

OgieO 05-24-2013 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Penny Lane (Post 66532883)
I think so too. But I thought we'd win game 4.

I had a bad feeling about game 4. Too many teams have a flat performance after a very emotional win in the playoffs. We have a bit of a history of it too.

But I gotta good feeling tonight. I think Alfie is trying to get us to relax and get the "nothing to lose" mentality throughout the room. I think we finally play a good game (don't think we've played well all series). Not sure we'll win, but if we don't we'll go down punching.