HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Edmonton Oilers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   GuyF on 930 CJCA (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=14350)

Guy Flaming 09-25-2003 03:43 PM

GuyF on 930 CJCA

I was on this afternoon at 4:30, anybody catch it? Sorry I was out ouf town (party in Jasper) so wasn't able to post advance notice.

Slats432 09-25-2003 04:12 PM

Sorry Guy, you should know....no one listens to 930 CJCA. :teach:

Guy Flaming 09-25-2003 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slats432
Sorry Guy, you should know....no one listens to 930 CJCA. :teach:

That's too bad. John Short and Jason Gregor are good guys and know their stuff. I like all the shows really, Stauffer and Spec are great too (I'll be on next Thursday on that show too by the way) and I like Bryn and Jake in the mornings... (still waiting for them to call... hint! hint!)
Syd is the only radio guy that I haven't actually had a conversation with so far (off air I mean) but I think he's very knowledgeable and I enjoy his show too.

Gee, do I sound like I'm sucking up much? HOOVER!

Nielson81 09-25-2003 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GuyF
I was on this afternoon at 4:30, anybody catch it? Sorry I was out ouf town (party in Jasper) so wasn't able to post advance notice.

Hey Guy,

I will be in the studio running the board, and most likely some air-time with Will Frasier, so if anyone wants to listen to 930 tonight from 11-1 we have Edmonton's only late night sports talk show, phone calls, usually entertaining!!

Just A Game tonight at 11:00 with Will Frasier and D. Nielson

Unbiased Canadian

PS if you guys want to listen to guy you can go to www.anysportanytime.com and check out the archived file of today's show....or you can check out the site next Tuesday when I will have the play-by-play of Grand Prairie and Llyodminster AJHL style.

Guy Flaming 09-25-2003 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unbiased Canadian
if you guys want to listen to guy you can go to www.anysportanytime.com and check out the archived file of today's show....

or you can check out the site next Tuesday when I will have the play-by-play of Grand Prairie and Llyodminster AJHL style.

Archives.... very sweet! Now no ones got an excuse not to listen.

Excellent. and congrats on the gig U.C.

Nielson81 09-25-2003 04:33 PM

Quote:

Archives.... very sweet! Now no ones got an excuse not to listen.

Excellent. and congrats on the gig U.C.

Hey Guy,

Just listened to the archived show, you sounded really good!! Represented HF while.

Unbiased Canadian

Mr Sakich 09-25-2003 05:31 PM

I would be careful about the bryn show. Apparently, matts from oilfans will be on with you and his hockey knowledge is unparalelled.

fulk hogan 09-25-2003 05:54 PM

I Just listened to the archived show and I thought you were great. Nice work on getting Hockey's Future name out there!

hillbillypriest 09-25-2003 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hooty mcboobs
I Just listened to the archived show and I thought you were great. Nice work on getting Hockey's Future name out there!

Listening to the archived show Guy. You're a natural. Great stuff.

Chayos 09-25-2003 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thor dyck
I would be careful about the bryn show. Apparently, matts from oilfans will be on with you and his hockey knowledge is unparalelled.

I think Salo must have Banged Matts old lady or something, because he just doesn't stop slagging Salo on Oilfans.

Guy Flaming 09-25-2003 08:27 PM

hey when I play the archive the interview starts half way through (talking about the magazine was half way through the entire thing). Does that happen with everyone? then if I want to skip ahead in the show, my sound disappears.?? is it me?

Oiler_Fan 09-25-2003 08:35 PM

Quote:

hey when I play the archive the interview starts half way through (talking about the magazine was half way through the entire thing). Does that happen with everyone? then if I want to skip ahead in the show, my sound disappears.?? is it me?

No, me too. Good interview for what you could hear, I would have liked to have listened to the whole thing.

Mr Sakich 09-26-2003 10:32 AM

great interview. It is always interesting putting a voice to someone who posts here. I am glad I listened because when I see your posts, I always assumed your name was pronounced Guy Flaming ( it would rhyme with "My Naming". Boy was I wrong.

Guy Flaming 09-26-2003 10:40 AM

Quote:

great interview. It is always interesting putting a voice to someone who posts here. I am glad I listened because when I see your posts, I always assumed your name was pronounced Guy Flaming ( it would rhyme with "My Naming". Boy was I wrong.

yeah my name is mispronounced all the time. It's actually Jean-Guy but I dropped the first part out of frustration of being called "Jean (like blue jeans) Guy (not a gal but a...)".

So I just go by Guy (like Lafleur) which is how I always said it to people but then there are those who don't seem to know who Guy LaFleur is.

Flaming is tough sometimes. It is Flaming as in "The flaming embers in the camp fire...". Jason Gregor was pronouncing it as though it rymes with slamming but it doesn't. It rymes with taming.

And yes I have heard all the flaming this and flaming that jokes. I guess it's like the people who's last name is "Dick" or "Balls"... you get used to the jokes. It's dutch and it's not like I chose it or anything.

lol, Bob Stauffer thought it was my "stage name".

Oiler-Kiwi 09-26-2003 01:07 PM

If you took time to read his posts on the thread....

Quote:

regarding his slot on the Bryn show you might just change your opinion.

Guy Flaming 09-26-2003 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oiler-Kiwi
regarding his slot on the Bryn show you might just change your opinion.

what does that mean?

And did you have any luck with your search for Oiler tickets for this March? Did you have any luck with the Oilers?

Mr Sakich 09-26-2003 04:13 PM

i was being fecitious. Matts has never had an informed opinion, ever. Compare his criticisms to igor's ot lowetide's analysis and he looks ridiculous.

The problem with oilfans can be described as "resticted gene pool" You have a bunch of really good guys who like the oilers but there is no dissenting opinion. At HF, all teams are represented. The moment I say "the sedin sisters will be Burke's dowfall", a good poster like Mizral will come here and unsuccessfully try to prove me wrong. It makes for good debate.

On oilfans, anyone who doesn't share the opinion is a troll. Guys like matts who never say anything positive are regarded as being balanced. It is a badge of honor to call lowe a liar or salo a peice of shot, or the org "bush league". In reality, you need fans from every team to keep us honest, not trolls.

momentai 09-26-2003 04:26 PM

I think you're being a little unfair to Matts. Sure, he is a little overzealous at times... but everyone has different extremes to which they are willing to "feel" and vent. Haha.. what you dig out of all the Salo bashing is that Salo had a very subpar year. I know it's taken to the extremes.. but I think the underlying point is the same. :)

Matts is entertaining and is as passionate as they come no matter where he directs his passions at... :p I think we can all give Matts that at least. (I'm pretty much grounded in the middle myself which I'm sure a lot of posters feel is a little boring.)

Mr Sakich 09-26-2003 05:41 PM

i have never had a problem with someone saying salo had a poor year. The problem I have is when he calls lowe a liar or when he calls the org bush league. I have met lowe several times and I will stick up for his charactor. Yo can debate his moves but to question his charactor is truly unfair.

hockeyaddict101 09-26-2003 09:03 PM

It is all perspective

Quote:

i was being fecitious. Matts has never had an informed opinion, ever. Compare his criticisms to igor's ot lowetide's analysis and he looks ridiculous.

The problem with oilfans can be described as "resticted gene pool" You have a bunch of really good guys who like the oilers but there is no dissenting opinion. At HF, all teams are represented. The moment I say "the sedin sisters will be Burke's dowfall", a good poster like Mizral will come here and unsuccessfully try to prove me wrong. It makes for good debate.

On oilfans, anyone who doesn't share the opinion is a troll. Guys like matts who never say anything positive are regarded as being balanced. It is a badge of honor to call lowe a liar or salo a peice of shot, or the org "bush league". In reality, you need fans from every team to keep us honest, not trolls.

I don't post at Oilfans because I don't want to read through all the "your a idiot posts" to get to the meat. Of course there are some good posters there but I find all the name calling juvenile.

Also I get bored of the "Salo Sucks" and Matts being upset if it's not mentioned in the Journal and the Sun everyday. It has been mentioned that he struggled at least three times by every beat writer. How often do they have to say it??

But on Oilfans they find us boring because we don't insult each other etc.

To each their own.