HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Playoff Scoring (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1435039)

SnowblindNYR 05-24-2013 06:32 AM

Playoff Scoring
 
Can we PLEASE stop having people fly off the handle about how terrible we are because we go on scoring droughts or have a bunch of games where we can't score? The Hawks are top 2 talent-wise in the league and I'd say the Bruins are a better defensive team than the Wings and yet the Hawks scored 2 goals in the last 3 games. That's 0.67 goals per game. Including the empty netter they have scored 1.50 goals per game in this series and excluding it, it's 1.25. The playoffs are a different animal and I'm convinced that the only team that won't struggle to score in the playoffs is Pittsburgh, and even they recently had a game where they scored 1 goal in more than 4 periods. Also shows that in the playoffs if a team scores 2 goals, it's really not crazy to think that you can win.

Amazing Kreiderman 05-24-2013 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR (Post 66531633)
Can we PLEASE stop having people fly off the handle about how terrible we are because we go on scoring droughts or have a bunch of games where we can't score? The Hawks are top 2 talent-wise in the league and I'd say the Bruins are a better defensive team than the Wings and yet the Hawks scored 2 goals in the last 3 games. That's 0.67 goals per game. Including the empty netter they have scored 1.50 goals per game in this series and excluding it, it's 1.25. The playoffs are a different animal and I'm convinced that the only team that won't struggle to score in the playoffs is Pittsburgh, and even they recently had a game where they scored 1 goal in more than 4 periods. Also shows that in the playoffs if a team scores 2 goals, it's really not crazy to think that you can win.

Not necessarily in the East. Our conference allows for a more open game with more space for fast wingers to move, compared to the West where you have more low-scoring and tight games.

nyr2k2 05-24-2013 07:04 AM

Is this like when you called people out for saying Biron should start over Lundqvist, and then someone pointed out you yourself had said the exact same thing like two nights before? Remember? "Oh I was pissed, I forgot I said that."

We had like 7 shots near the end of the second period. It's infuriating. People get pissed off and act emotionally. I don't know that you're necessarily the best person to be preaching to people about keeping things in perspective.

Consistent scoring has been a problem for us for years. If we were a good, consistent offensive team, I might agree with you. We're not though, and haven't been for a long time.

SnowblindNYR 05-24-2013 07:10 AM

Well you see people post that we have a garbage team days after games. I posted that **** about Biron right after the game.

SnowblindNYR 05-24-2013 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pass art by Brassard (Post 66531813)
Not necessarily in the East. Our conference allows for a more open game with more space for fast wingers to move, compared to the West where you have more low-scoring and tight games.

That's on a team by team basis. Boston is one of the best defensive team in the league for example.

nyr2k2 05-24-2013 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR (Post 66532037)
Well you see people post that we have a garbage team days after games. I posted that **** about Biron right after the game.

Again, our inability to score goals on any kind of consistent basis has been our downfall for a few years. If not more. It's something that has been a recurring problem. I think most people understand that it's more difficult to score in the playoffs, and that Boston is a good defensive team. Still, it's a continuation of a longstanding problem with the Rangers. And it's maddening. It's also compounded by the feeble power play.

Some nights, we look like a cohesive unit that's actually capable of providing consistent offensive pressure. Other nights, we look like a mid-pack beer league team. That's probably the worst part of it all--there's tangible evidence to suggest we should be better than we are offensively. At least, we could be better.

A lot of it is hyperbole. I agree. It is what it is though. The team is ****ing bipolar and it's beyond frustrating.

DMPD 05-24-2013 07:34 AM

This team has trouble scoring under any conditions. Chicago is being outplayed. They are a bad example. The Rangers consistently outplay themselves whether or not the other team is shutting them down. The Rangers don't exactly make that a difficult task, especially on the PP.

People have a right to be mad at this offense or lack thereof. People don't really have a right to be mad at Henrik who is the most consistently great thing about this team. Yet people are still bringing up his not-so-great games in the PGT 2 games later. It's sickening.

SnowblindNYR 05-24-2013 07:40 AM

I don't know if people the right or don't have the right for something, lol. It's a free country.

nyr2k2 05-24-2013 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ailurophile (Post 66532385)
This team has trouble scoring under any conditions. Chicago is being outplayed. They are a bad example. The Rangers consistently outplay themselves whether or not the other team is shutting them down. The Rangers don't exactly make that a difficult task, especially on the PP.

People have a right to be mad at this offense or lack thereof. People don't really have a right to be mad at Henrik who is the most consistently great thing about this team. Yet people are still bringing up his not-so-great games in the PGT 2 games later. It's sickening.

Yeah, people need to learn to prioritize their outrage.

Kris Chreider 05-24-2013 08:40 AM

It's not scoring goals themselves that is the problem. It the fact that we are completely inept about creating offense. The dump and chase isn't working. Look at Brassard's line. They're skating it in, and they're so successful.

Bleed Ranger Blue 05-24-2013 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR (Post 66531633)
Can we PLEASE stop having people fly off the handle about how terrible we are because we go on scoring droughts or have a bunch of games where we can't score? The Hawks are top 2 talent-wise in the league and I'd say the Bruins are a better defensive team than the Wings and yet the Hawks scored 2 goals in the last 3 games. That's 0.67 goals per game. Including the empty netter they have scored 1.50 goals per game in this series and excluding it, it's 1.25. The playoffs are a different animal and I'm convinced that the only team that won't struggle to score in the playoffs is Pittsburgh, and even they recently had a game where they scored 1 goal in more than 4 periods. Also shows that in the playoffs if a team scores 2 goals, it's really not crazy to think that you can win.

Hmmm, seems like this post is being used to supplement your ridiculous anti-Lundqvist stuff.

Last night was the Rangers 11th playoff game, and only the 4 time they've scored over 2 goals. You should try to make up a stat on that like you did about Hank not being "consistently great"

nyranger61494 05-24-2013 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue (Post 66534311)
Hmmm, seems like this post is being used to supplement your ridiculous anti-Lundqvist stuff.

Last night was the Rangers 11th playoff game, and only the 4 time they've scored over 2 goals. You should try to make up a stat on that like you did about Hank not being "consistently great"

And we've won all four!

SnowblindNYR 05-24-2013 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue (Post 66534311)
Hmmm, seems like this post is being used to supplement your ridiculous anti-Lundqvist stuff.

Last night was the Rangers 11th playoff game, and only the 4 time they've scored over 2 goals. You should try to make up a stat on that like you did about Hank not being "consistently great"

Nope, it was just an additional comment.

I LOVE how you keep saying that I made up a stat when I was just illustrating a point and not claiming it was a stat, and I even mentioned that, yet you're harping on the same point. I just said if he's playing at a 10 and 6 level, the stats will be the same as if he plays at an 8 level consistently. It wasn't a stat, never claimed it to be. I was illustrating a point by using numbers rather than just saying he's inconsistent. I also went back to 07 and took some time to write out a post about his great games and bad games, so I wasn't just making up stats, I actually took time to mention these games that happened.

Bleed Ranger Blue 05-24-2013 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR (Post 66534877)
Nope, it was just an additional comment.

I LOVE how you keep saying that I made up a stat when I was just illustrating a point and not claiming it was a stat, and I even mentioned that, yet you're harping on the same point. I just said if he's playing at a 10 and 6 level, the stats will be the same as if he plays at an 8 level consistently. It wasn't a stat, never claimed it to be. I was illustrating a point by using numbers rather than just saying he's inconsistent. I also went back to 07 and took some time to write out a post about his great games and bad games, so I wasn't just making up stats, I actually took time to mention these games that happened.

What youre talking about is completely arbitrary. Oh, he was a 6 today. Based on what?! How you feel today?

SnowblindNYR 05-24-2013 09:25 AM

Oh and for the record, yesterday was the 11th game and the 5th that Lundqvist gave up 3 goals in regulation. In other words, almost half the time in 11 games the Rangers had to score 4 goals to win. From the teams that DON'T have 2 first ballot HOFers in their prime in the lineup, Ottawa has the best GFA. They have scored 4 goals or more a grand total of THREE times in NINE games. 33%. But continue with the stats about how much our offense sucks.

SnowblindNYR 05-24-2013 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue (Post 66535171)
Whats youre talking about is completely arbitrary. Oh, he was a 6 today. Based on what?! How you feel today?

I didn't watch the game to say if he was a 6, a 10, or a 100. It's subjective, but not arbitrary. I have a good memory for his play since 2007 (I have repressed 2006 though). In my subjective opinion, backed up partially by the amount of 5 goal games he's had in his playoff career following great games, he's been very inconsistent.

SnowblindNYR 05-24-2013 09:51 AM

BTW, the GREAT LA Kings who are super contenders have scored 0.18 goals per game less than the awful Rangers who the poor Lundqvist is carrying. They are however allowing 0.73 fewer goals per game. A lot of that is on the defense but 0.73 is a pretty big difference when you're talking about the best goalie in the world.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:11 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.