HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Washington Capitals (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   League News: Out of Town Scoreboard (Metrosectional Edition) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1435069)

Langway 05-24-2013 09:02 AM

Out of Town Scoreboard (Metrosectional Edition)
 
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1413343

Langway 05-24-2013 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BTCG (Post 66531665)
The Red Wings have shown us that by selecting a proper coach and choosing the right type of players, a rebuild can be done in a single year.

Disagree. They've been able to reload not rebuild and it's because, yes, they do draft and develop extremely well. That structure has been in place for much longer than one year. Lidstrom is gone but it's not like this is a completely different franchise otherwise. They do what they do and have done for years. It's bad news for the rest of the Eastern Conference as they'll only get better.

Chicago has really not responded well to adversity whatsoever. Credit to Detroit for shutting them down. Even as not a big believer in that team overall I thought their better players would have a little more fight in them.

RandyHolt 05-24-2013 09:40 AM

The thing I see wrong with Torts, is that his best player is Lundy, yet designs his teams play as if he is their worst player. He seems hell bent on nurturing protecting and limiting expose to Lundy, yet is widely accepted to be one of the best. Furh him!

I am not sure they collapse as much as they did in the past, but since they did, he probably stifled the offensive development of all players across the board, at least the younger ones which is critical to developing home grown talent, a key cog in winning a cup

BobRouse 05-24-2013 11:36 AM

RE: TBM

After the Caps board he was on Bumpers Boards for a good amount of time and at least through the 07-08 season and the summer thereafter and we talked a bunch. He was in Colorado at the time. Guy knew his stuff.

RE: Torts

Ughh...Rangers won! Funny how Kreider scores and he sits Richards. It took this long for him to do that? He is a stubborn guy to a fault. I do enjoy his hillarious post game interviews win or lose. Alan May seems to think that is all calculated by him.

RE: Detroit

Impressed by their physical play and commitment to D. They are playing at a very high level. I keep thinking every year that "this is the year they will sink!"..but it never seems to happen...

RE: Ted's Accessibility

Ted is just a flat out good human being. I root for the guy and after many years of introspection I feel bad about how much I ripped on him in the past. I hope his faith in his management style proves to be right and lead us to a cup. I agree that he does care about the fans deeply as well as the team. We could have had a doosh owner like the late Bill Wirtz. More owners are like him than they are like Ted.

Millhaus 05-24-2013 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Langway (Post 66534589)
Disagree. They've been able to reload not rebuild and it's because, yes, they do draft and develop extremely well. That structure has been in place for much longer than one year. Lidstrom is gone but it's not like this is a completely different franchise otherwise. They do what they do and have done for years.

Yeah now way you can describe what Detroit had to do between last year and this as a rebuild. Sure they had a few guys they needed to replace but that was far from a rebuild IMO.

kicksavedave 05-24-2013 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Millhaus (Post 66542849)
Yeah now way you can describe what Detroit had to do between last year and this as a rebuild. Sure they had a few guys they needed to replace but that was far from a rebuild IMO.

Lets not forget, in the final month, Detroit was in slight danger of not making the playoffs at all. I say "slight" because they and most everyone else had confidence that they would, but the fact is they sat in 9th place for at least a few days in the final month of the regular season.

That coupled with the Kings last year just proves that seed and regular season means almost nothing.

brs03 05-24-2013 01:56 PM

Seed may mean almost nothing, but it's not like their regular season performances would tell you those teams would have been out quickly. Wins/Losses/Points maybe, but the fancystats said both DET this year and LAK last year were borderline top-tier teams (basically top-5 in the league or better).

kicksavedave 05-24-2013 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brs03 (Post 66544821)
Seed may mean almost nothing, but it's not like their regular season performances would tell you those teams would have been out quickly. Wins/Losses/Points maybe, but the fancystats said both DET this year and LAK last year were borderline top-tier teams (basically top-5 in the league or better).

Agreed... point is regular season wins/losses don't tell us much. All those "102 points" brags from Ted and GMGM show us they really don't get it.

brs03 05-24-2013 02:06 PM

I don't think it says they don't get it as much as it says they don't feel the need to dig very deep to placate fans. That PR fluff is more important for keeping everyone's attention than substantive discussion about nuts and bolts.

And, when talking about the fanbase at large, I don't know that they'd be wrong. :dunno:

WetHog 05-25-2013 07:08 PM

Hell yeah. **** the Rags. :handclap:

Liberati0n* 05-25-2013 07:10 PM

The Rangers are such a joke.

Langway 05-25-2013 07:21 PM

WTG, Hamrlik. **** the bed on the eventual GWG and get stapled to the bench for the rest of the game. A hell of a way to go out if that's it.

Robert Theodorson 05-25-2013 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Langway (Post 66596779)
WTG, Hamrlik. **** the bed on the eventual GWG and get stapled to the bench for the rest of the game. A hell of a way to go out if that's it.

Too bad we couldn't have traded him to New York, it would have been some sweet revenge, no matter how small.

I agree, his career is kaput.

In summary, the Rags are King Henrik plus a bunch of spare pieces that don't really work too well together. Amazing we lost to them.

Atlas 05-25-2013 07:44 PM

:bruins

kicksavedave 05-25-2013 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SwedeSpeedBackstrom (Post 66596913)
Too bad we couldn't have traded him to New York, it would have been some sweet revenge, no matter how small.

I agree, his career is kaput.

In summary, the Rags are King Henrik plus a bunch of spare pieces that don't really work too well together. Amazing we lost to them.

Just goes to show haw far away we really are. Ain't no "tinkering" going to get us where we want to be.

SimplySensational 05-25-2013 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kicksavedave (Post 66602907)
Just goes to show haw far away we really are. Ain't no "tinkering" going to get us where we want to be.

:laugh:

Caps-Bruins series would of been a lot more competitive and Bruins fans knew it and were cheering for the Rags to win.

Red Dread 05-25-2013 09:42 PM

I am so freakin' happy the Rangers lost, only because I hate their huge dependence on Lundqvist. I was planning on quoting myself from earlier on the B's/Rags series thread about them only relying on Lundqvist, and that being the reason they'd lose. I didn't do it now because:
a. Want to be somewhat classy.
b. Don't want to get flamed (although no one argued with me when I initially said what I did)
c. I have a feeling it'd anger the mods, as it would shift the discussion (most likely).

tycoonheart 05-25-2013 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SimplySensational (Post 66603347)
:laugh:

Caps-Bruins series would of been a lot more competitive and Bruins fans knew it and were cheering for the Rags to win.

Yep. Its all about match ups and we match up really well against the Bs.

SimplySensational 05-25-2013 10:32 PM

Caps defenseman the past 2 years have had the same fatal flaw against the Rangers.... Predictably trying to get the puck out of the zone using the boards...

I also think Orlov instead of Erskine would of made a big difference... Erskine had a lot of ice time with the top line, so he effectively was a great shutdown D for the Rangers, did a great job shutting down Ovechkin and Carlson.

Brad Tolliver 05-26-2013 12:01 AM

Ted should put up a banner that says "WOULD HAVEOF TAKEN THE BRUINS TO MORE THAN 5 GAMES BUT REALLY WANTED THE MAPLE LEAFS" to replace the division banners he won't get to put up again.

ChibiPooky 05-26-2013 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capsfan12837 (Post 66605107)
I am so freakin' happy the Rangers lost, only because I hate their huge dependence on Lundqvist. I was planning on quoting myself from earlier on the B's/Rags series thread about them only relying on Lundqvist, and that being the reason they'd lose. I didn't do it now because:
a. Want to be somewhat classy.
b. Don't want to get flamed (although no one argued with me when I initially said what I did)
c. I have a feeling it'd anger the mods, as it would shift the discussion (most likely).

At this point you might as well :P

I'm just happy they were exposed. I don't think the Caps would have fared much better against Boston, though. Just a feeling, not really basing it on anything else.

Icetime 05-26-2013 11:37 AM

Yeah the playoffs are all about match ups.

The Caps are so unlucky.

They keep getting matched up against playoff pretenders.

Wait...what the?

PuckBuddy 05-26-2013 11:57 AM

The real issue here is whether Jagr and Iginla can trade teams so that I can root for one without some degree of self-loathing? Go ...sharks? I don't even know anymore....

Liberati0n* 05-26-2013 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PuckBuddy (Post 66619125)
The real issue here is whether Jagr and Iginla can trade teams so that I can root for one without some degree of self-loathing? Go ...sharks? I don't even know anymore....

Go Western Conference.

PuckBuddy 05-26-2013 12:47 PM

Go banana.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:09 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.