HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Henrik Lundqvist; will he stay or go? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1436807)

broadwayblue 05-27-2013 03:17 PM

Henrik Lundqvist; will he stay or go?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guess What (Post 66661151)
I hope he is a lifer for us. 8 years is max under new CBA. But still. Hope he gets a contract similar to this one. And stays.

8 years will bring him right to age 40. I'm sure it will get done.

nsvoyageurs 05-27-2013 03:27 PM

Henrik Lundqvist; will he stay or go?

From Ken Campbell of www.thn.com:

http://www.thehockeynews.com/article...elsewhere.html

Maineice11 05-27-2013 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broadwayblue (Post 66661225)
8 years will bring him right to age 40. I'm sure it will get done.

I agree. For anyone that is thinking Lundqvist's comments of "...we'll see" are him saying he may not sign an extension. It is probably more like his agent told him to play it like that so that he can make more money playing for NYR. Henk LOVE New York, he LOVES the Rangers organization, and he has a wife and a child. He wants to be in New York. He takes a lot of pride in being a Ranger! He wants to be here for as long as he can.

Bob Richards 05-27-2013 03:32 PM

Hank is also a gamer and I'm sure the last thing he wants to talk about as he cleans his locker is his contract.

Maineice11 05-27-2013 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Richards (Post 66661681)
Hank is also a gamer and I'm sure the last thing he wants to talk about as he cleans his locker is his contract.

yeah...and it is not like his contract ends now, he still has a full season left on it.

broadwayblue 05-27-2013 03:37 PM

He's not going anywhere. I'll bet money on that.

Clowes Line 05-27-2013 03:38 PM

Sign Hank to a lifer contract, trade him down the line if the opportunity presents itself and it's what's best for him.

YP44 05-27-2013 03:39 PM

Him and Quick are the best two goalies in the league. You do not let go of them. He will be back. Signed for 8 years.

RangerBlues 05-27-2013 03:40 PM

How much say does he have in Torts staying? Or is it: This is the coach, this is the system, this is the money we will pay you.

Jonimaus 05-27-2013 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RangerBlues (Post 66661965)
How much say does he have in Torts staying? Or is it: This is the coach, this is the system, this is the money we will pay you.

You'd think he'd have a lot to say since if Lundqvist goes then Torts is guaranteed to be fired the year after due to missing playoffs. :laugh:

ThisYearsModel 05-27-2013 03:46 PM

Torts stays......Henrik goes.

NYRKING30 05-27-2013 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ola (Post 66659881)
Hank would get 12m on the open market. Only Sid and Malkin would get more.

If he signs for 7m, that is 5m yearly he gives up.

Some people think you can double the amount of talent we had on the roster this season, it is the opposite. It's very rare that a team can have the depth and top talent.

The diffrence is that other teams find ways to get something from cheaper players, but we don't...

People in NY will look for scapegoats. "It was Nash/Hank/Zuccs fault!"

It's always the same thing in NY. We never try do something better than others. Think succes will be given to us. Despite not having put in the work, when we fail it's one or two or three players fault. JJ was hanged after every season in NY. He carried a worthless team by himself to the POs. What did Nash do? On many nights it was him against the other team...

That is insanely delusional.

Dactyl* 05-27-2013 03:48 PM

if you love something set it free

broadwayblue 05-27-2013 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blooblood (Post 66662197)

If they come back they're yours

Joey Bones 05-27-2013 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clowes Line (Post 66661877)
Sign Hank to a lifer contract, trade him down the line if the opportunity presents itself and it's what's best for him.

-_______- if Hank is a lifer, why trade him?

Hunter Gathers 05-27-2013 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaganomics (Post 66662261)
I'm as big of a Hank homer there is but Ive never understood the "poor Hank" crowd either. Not everyone can play for the Penguins. Lots of great players had to retire without a cup.

Exactly. I don't really see where he would go and make that team a Cup contender, anyway.

Hunter Gathers 05-27-2013 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clowes Line (Post 66661877)

Why the hell should the Rangers do what's best for Hank? They need to only worry about doing what is best for the Rangers.

Jonimaus 05-27-2013 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonathan. (Post 66662311)
Exactly. I don't really see where he would go and make that team a Cup contender, anyway.

He would make a few teams as sure of a bet to win as we've ever seen in recent history though.

Hunter Gathers 05-27-2013 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonimaus (Post 66662435)
He would make a few teams as sure of a bet to win as we've ever seen in recent history though.

Like who? What teams that need a goalie would he make "as sure of a bet to win as we've ever seen?"

Kershaw 05-27-2013 03:59 PM

I don't think it's smart to re-up Henrik for 8 or so years. The Rangers, for the most part of his career besides the 11-12 anomaly, have been a fringe playoff team. He is the reason they are the difference between a lottery caliber and mediocre playoff seeding team. To me, I don't want to see 8 years of constant mediocre seeding teams. I feel the Rangers will need to do a proper rebuild to build a true contender and I can't see that happening with Henrik's sheer dominance to put teams on his back. Preferably, trade him to opposite conferences this upcoming TDD so he'll be enticed to sign with a team outside the conference.

Jonimaus 05-27-2013 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonathan. (Post 66662529)
Like who? What teams that need a goalie would he make "as sure of a bet to win as we've ever seen?"

Not sure if you're trolling now, language barrier and all. :laugh:

Pittsburgh? Or maybe you're of the opinion Vokoun > Lunqvist? Chicago, or maybe you're of the opinion Crawford > Lundqvist? :dunno:

Hunter Gathers 05-27-2013 04:00 PM

Quote:

What is this? I don't even? :facepalm:

The fans that put Henrik above the Rangers are just insane.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThisYearsModel (Post 66662133)
Torts stays......Henrik goes.

Based on what?

Thirty One 05-27-2013 04:01 PM

Quote:

And what would be the loving destination to send him?

He's in a good situation here. There have been two teams who have made it past the first round in each of the past two seasons.

haveandare 05-27-2013 04:02 PM

I'd bet he stays. I know most people disagree with me, but I really don't think he was that lights-out this post season. He was great at times and insanely absent minded at others. It's not like he put on a clinic the entire time and got let down. Also, with the kind of cap hit that he commands, there's likely not room for him on a team that is so deep that a cup is all but guaranteed.

Hunter Gathers 05-27-2013 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonimaus (Post 66662557)
Not sure if you're trolling now, language barrier and all. :laugh:

Pittsburgh? Or maybe you're of the opinion Vokoun > Lunqvist? Chicago, or maybe you're of the opinion Crawford > Lundqvist? :dunno:

Trolling? It's a legitimate question for sure, man. You aren't the first to say it and won't be the last.

How do the Pens need a goalie? They have a big contract goalie in Fleury.

Chicago cannot fit Hank into their team unless they trade off half the team and dismantle what they have. Chicago has loaded up on other players and made goalie a lower priority.