HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   San Jose Sharks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Fire Todd McLellan (Mod: Extended Per Dreger) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1437573)

MarleauApologist 05-28-2013 10:44 PM

Fire Todd McLellan (Mod: Extended Per Dreger)

-Refused to play Demers over Irwin
-wouldn't put Pavs on the third line

Why does he hate Demers so bad?

li0lsh 05-28-2013 10:46 PM

No.

Get rid of Irwin though.

Pavelski... Are you kidding me?

WTFetus 05-28-2013 10:46 PM

Demers better be super injured.

Demers makes 1 mistake: benched for the rest of the post-season.
Irwin makes a ton of mistakes: plays every game.

Irwin better have a great off-season. His breakout passes suck, his defensive reads are terrible, his skating is just as bad as Murray's.

Sharksfan83 05-28-2013 10:49 PM

Playing Irwin over Demers if Demers was healthy, is inexcusable.

0 goals in our 7 game series to our 3rd and 4th lines. Not good enough. Gomez, Sheppard, Wingels, Burish.. All these guys needed to find a way to get the puck in the net.

Hatrick Marleau 05-28-2013 10:50 PM

Not Tmac's fault...but he may get canned anyway. The problem this season again was bottom 6 scoring. I have no complaints with how the Sharks played this series. They gave it there all but just couldn't capitalize on their chances.

SFtoBoston 05-28-2013 10:51 PM

Raffi Torres suspension was bull *****. Havlat is made of glass. Trade him ASAP or buyout.

BrianSmith 05-28-2013 10:51 PM

This thread must be a joke. Fire McLellan? Honestly, I am impressed with this team considering all that has happened.

Ship out a staple in Clowe, an injured Havlat, Burns converted to Forward, Galiardi in our top 6, Torres suspended, Kearns being in our lineup, our bottom six consisting of Kearns, Desi, Shep, Wingels, Gomez, Burish.

We had zero forward depth, we had injured top 6 players, we had a suspended Torres.

I mean, I am really impressed with what the Sharks did with what they had. TMac deserves another year.

Who am I disappointed in during this game? Pavs and Couture - I suppose you could add Marleau in there. That line needs to get more going in the offensive zone.

JayP812 05-28-2013 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Great 88 (Post 66721741)
-Refused to play Demers over Irwin
-wouldn't put Pavs on the third line

Why does he hate Irwin so bad?

Contradicting statements right there.

I was one of TMac's biggest haters, but he turned it around. He was not the reason we lost.

crunchyblack* 05-28-2013 10:52 PM

Thoroghly dissapointed

MarleauApologist 05-28-2013 10:52 PM

It was unlucky that Torres and Havlat were out, but it was his fault that Pavelski was not on line 3. He does not play well on the wing, he needed to be in the bottom 6. Putting him there was what helped the team, he gave us 3 scoring lines (which is what helped us get here)

MarleauApologist 05-28-2013 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayP812 (Post 66722505)
Contradicting statements right there.

I was one of TMac's biggest haters, but he turned it around. He was not the reason we lost.

I'm being dumb, I meant why does he hate Demers so bad?

hockeyball 05-28-2013 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SFtoBoston (Post 66722409)
Raffi Torres suspension was bull *****. Havlat is made of glass. Trade him ASAP or buyout.

Even if that's true, the likelyhood is that he will get suspended again. His reputation is just going to ruin his career, its too late.

FrizzleFry22 05-28-2013 10:55 PM

Irwin was not the problem, besides he is the only Left sided Dman we have that has a good shot and can move the puck. I do wish we saw Demers but where ? Braun and Stuey have been great all Playoffs. We were not out coached this series.

WantonAbandon 05-28-2013 10:56 PM

Some of you have had the same answers since 2011. Demers when given playing time played like a moron and his only really good run with the Sharks was when he was paired with MEV.

You are going to separate Pavs to match him with who? If Kenedy isn't dressed Pavelski is the smallest forward on the team. Sutters strategy in that scenario is "Hey guys beat the **** out of Pavelski. Make sure he plays the game on the ground." So when Pavelski gets leveled he is going to pass the puck to who? Gomez? Wingles? Burish!?! Give me a break. A least with Marleau you can't focus on Pavelski. Oh and Richards and Carter are going to be matched up against who exactly? In 2011 the Canucks were able to break Pavelski; I believe poor Pavs had to get blood transfusions. The Kings would have destroyed him

Brent Burns 05-28-2013 10:57 PM

Don't be stupid. This is not Tmacs fault

WantonAbandon 05-28-2013 10:57 PM

Oh and if your going to fire someone over Demers, it was Robinson that most likely made that decision. But yeah sure you know more than the guy who likely invented "The Swarm"

SC2008 05-28-2013 10:57 PM

Aside from not scoring, bottom 6 played well. They were key to drawing penalties throughout. 4th line is as good as any sharks forth line I've seen.

Leidi J 05-28-2013 10:58 PM

No. This team has/had absolutely no forward depth with Havlat and Torres out. The fact that we had to play Braken freaking Kearns in the last 10 minutes of an elimination game 7 tells you we probably deserved to lose.

WTFetus 05-28-2013 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WantonAbandon (Post 66722901)
Some of you have had the same answers since 2011. Demers when given playing time played like a moron and his only really good run with the Sharks was when he was paired with MEV.

You must've missed the games in the regular season where Stuart-Demers were shutting down top competition.

Lazyking 05-28-2013 10:59 PM

If they missed the playoffs, I would have said yes but they did better then last year with basically the same team. Honestly, I'd only fire him now because the team is most likely to get worse before it gets better. With the cap being lower aging core, it will take a miracle to add better depth..

Brent Burns 05-28-2013 11:00 PM

Things you can always expect after a Sharks loss:

1. Sadness
2. The Great 88 emotionally charged thread

MarleauApologist 05-28-2013 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrizzleFry22 (Post 66722759)
Irwin was not the problem, besides he is the only Left sided Dman we have that has a good shot and can move the puck. I do wish we saw Demers but where ? Braun and Stuey have been great all Playoffs. We were not out coached this series.

Boyle-Stuart
Braun-Vlasic
Demers-Hannan

It is Todd Mclellan's fault the bottom-6 did not play well. The bottom 6 should have had Joe Pavelski on a line with James Sheppard and either Scott Gomez or Tommy Wingels, while either Wingels or Gomez were on line 2.

hockeyball 05-28-2013 11:05 PM

Tmac is not the worst coach in the NHL by a long shot.

But, all other arguments aside, he's had his chance and he has not got the job done. Sharks need a new core and a new system to go along with it. I think we'll hear he's gone within a few days.

WantonAbandon 05-28-2013 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WTFetus (Post 66723107)
You must've missed the games in the regular season where Stuart-Demers were shutting down top competition.

Yeah I must of missed that... So you would pair Boyle with Hannan and play Stuart on the left?

Bizz06 05-28-2013 11:06 PM

Can't pin it all on McLellan but I'm still wondering why he thinks it was a good idea to keep playing dump n chase against the LA Kings.