HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Question about RDS (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=14376)

nechookhab 09-25-2003 05:11 PM

Question about RDS

I have a starchoice sat dish and living in manitoba, will I catch the hab games on rds or will they be blacked out?Thnx in advance.

nechookhab 09-25-2003 05:20 PM

I'll get the channel only if I know for sure it wont get blacked out here. The other day I wanted to get that stupid Leafs channel just to watch the game but its only available in ontario.

nechookhab 09-25-2003 05:22 PM

If any fans in here from M B know whether we can get the games here on the dish please let me know. Thnx.

habs1988 09-25-2003 05:25 PM

RDS will present all the Habs' games. No doubt. It's 100% sure.

CrAzYNiNe 09-25-2003 05:39 PM

Tsn is nation wide, that is why they have blackouts. RDS is just for the Quebec region, and doubt they blackout very many things.

Joe Malone 09-25-2003 05:51 PM

I get RDS in Northern Ontario, and the games are not blocked out. Every game is available.

Habber 09-25-2003 05:58 PM

I live and Saskatchewan and subscribed to RDS on Bell and they never blacked out any games. Pretty sure it will be the same again this year.

Munchausen 09-25-2003 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habber
I live and Saskatchewan and subscribed to RDS on Bell and they never blacked out any games. Pretty sure it will be the same again this year.

Yep. Leafs TV is blacked out outside of Ontario I beleive, but RDS is not. If you pay for the channel, you'll get your 82 games... I mean 98 games since we're going to win the cup without losing one. :rolly: :D

Joe Maximum 09-25-2003 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nechookhab
I have a starchoice sat dish and living in manitoba, will I catch the hab games on rds or will they be blacked out?Thnx in advance.

There is some loophole that allows the habs games on RDS to avoid the blackout laws: its a french channel. So therefore the blackout rules don't apply since RDS is you only francophone hockey source. The blackout rules apply to english channels because what the CRTC is basically saying is '' If you want to watch english commented hockey, don't watch *whichever* team, watch the local one ". The CRTC can't black out your hab games because there is no other francophone alternative to watching hockey.

in short, yes you get all hab games

tritone 09-26-2003 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Maximum
There is some loophole that allows the habs games on RDS to avoid the blackout laws: its a french channel. So therefore the blackout rules don't apply since RDS is you only francophone hockey source. The blackout rules apply to english channels because what the CRTC is basically saying is '' If you want to watch english commented hockey, don't watch *whichever* team, watch the local one ". The CRTC can't black out your hab games because there is no other francophone alternative to watching hockey.

in short, yes you get all hab games

Exactly....

DJyellow 09-26-2003 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Malone
I get RDS in Northern Ontario, and the games are not blocked out. Every game is available.

I live in Kitchener/Ontarion and I tried to ordered RDS last year, but it was blacked out in my area. I'll try again this year

Go Habs Go 09-26-2003 11:26 AM

I live in Montreal and I can get the Leafs channel fine.