HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   National Hockey League Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Goldorak strikes back (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=14383)

Blackjack 09-25-2003 05:36 PM

Goldorak strikes back

Quote:

Snow was not appreciative of Brodeur's criticism. "He should be more worried about his personal life," said Snow about Brodeur's pending divorce. "People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones."
http://www.northjersey.com/page.php?...Y3dnFlZUVFeXk2

X8oD 09-25-2003 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackjack

ya there we go.

compare a goalie strapping a piece of ply-wood to his back. To anothers personal life.

i think Garth just backed up Broduers point.

Enoch 09-25-2003 07:38 PM

as good as brodeur is, if he feels the need to constantly criticize other goalies and build himself up, he deserves to be shot back at.

Kudos to Garth. Why should he feel bad for playing under league rules last season????

Wingboy2999 09-25-2003 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by X8oD
ya there we go.

compare a goalie strapping a piece of ply-wood to his back. To anothers personal life.

His point about equipment is backed up......because Snow takes a shot at his personal life? I don't follow AT ALL.

Jones23 09-25-2003 08:04 PM

Quote:

ya there we go.

If your going to dish it out then expect to take it back...If you can't take it then just shut up and say nothing.

Nice comeback Garts!

BCCHL inactive 09-25-2003 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enoch
as good as brodeur is, if he feels the need to constantly criticize other goalies and build himself up, he deserves to be shot back at.

Kudos to Garth. Why should he feel bad for playing under league rules last season????

I agree. Snow shouldn't feel bad about playing by the rules.

That being said, Snow also had no right whatsoever commenting on Brodeur's personal life. Brodeur took a hockey shot at him, Snow should have stuck with a hockey shot in return.

Blackjack 09-25-2003 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigPeca
If your going to dish it out then expect to take it back...If you can't take it then just shut up and say nothing.

Nice comeback Garts!

I tend to feel the same way. Marty had to know something was going to come back to him, especially when he talks about Snow, who is one of the more pugnacious goalies out there.

oilers_guy_eddie 09-25-2003 08:32 PM

I'd be much more impressed if Snow could come up with an explanation or excuse for his retarded equipment instead.

ZadorovNJD* 09-25-2003 08:34 PM

So Snow couldn't just defend his use of monster equiptment...and takes a cheap shot at Brodeur's divorce. Brodeur has hardly been constantly criticizing other goalies. He said it was odd that a loser won the Conn Smythe, and that some goalies are wearing ridiculous equiptment.

guinness 09-25-2003 08:34 PM

Garth Snow and Martin Brodeur shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence. Brodeur has been an all-star for many years and wears less equipment than guys like Snow, he should be allowed to make comments about goalie equipment that the other players wear.

X8oD 09-25-2003 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wingboy2999
His point about equipment is backed up......because Snow takes a shot at his personal life? I don't follow AT ALL.

broduer said that the whining from goalies about the limit on pads is terrible. Thier excuse that it will not sheidl them from as many injuries is unfounded and just that, an excuse.

instead of garth saying he would risk an injury if he removed some equipment, or any other way to discredit Broduers remarks. He takes a shot at his personal life.

he cant at all say what broduer said was not true, he just had to make himself feel like a man by taking a personal shot.

he proved broduers point for him by not even trying to counter what he said.

andora 09-25-2003 09:12 PM

hmm, maybe if martin wasn't so critical, he would still be married and garth wouldn't have had to put all of this humanity in perspective with his comments

Mack 09-25-2003 09:21 PM

Who thinks they are going to go when the Devils and the Isles play each other.

X8oD 09-25-2003 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andora's box
hmm, maybe if martin wasn't so critical, he would still be married and garth wouldn't have had to put all of this humanity in perspective with his comments

or maybe if Garth didnt play hockey with an 8x4 piece of plywood stapled to his body, he wouldnt have to hear every sane hockey fan and fellow players in the world call him out?

Vlad The Impaler 09-25-2003 09:37 PM

Quote:

Some of us don't care whether he should feel bad or not about it, we just want the humongous equipment to go, for very good reasons.

So kudos to Garth indeed, for being able to avoid the question and still get a sample of not too-enlightened hockey fans on his side by throwing pointless drivel that has nothing to do with the current (and important for hockey) debate.

Yay Garth, you're the man! :handclap:

Team_Spirit 09-25-2003 10:37 PM

Brodorora soap part.3http://burns.thefinaldimension.org/cwm/3dlil/lurk.gif

Enoch 09-26-2003 08:59 AM

Brodeur insulted Garth through hockey.

Garth insulted Brodeur through personal relationships.

Same thing just different subject matters. I refuse to feel sorry for Brodeur for the situation he dug himself in. If he does not want insults thrown at him, he shouldn't be throwing it out. So what if Garth used huge equipment last year! Who cares! It was allowed. This year it will not be, and that is fine, but you can't judge a player for utilizing the rules to their advantage.

SopelFan* 09-26-2003 09:09 AM

Stanley Cups:

Garth= 0
Martin= 3

Gold Medals

Garth= 0
Martin= 1

Not to mention that Snow is a backup on an average team, while Brodeur just came off his third Stanley Cup win and is the best goalie in the league... hence the Vezina.

Snow doesn't have much to come back with hockey wise.

Vatican Roulette 09-26-2003 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Van
That being said, Snow also had no right whatsoever commenting on Brodeur's personal life. Brodeur took a hockey shot at him, Snow should have stuck with a hockey shot in return.

Good point.....but, uh, what has he got to shoot at?

X8oD 09-26-2003 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pavel datsyuk
Good point.....but, uh, what has he got to shoot at?

exactly

Anybody else wanna second the Nomination for Garth Snow as the Biggest ****** Bag in the Universe? Hed have John Edwards an competition, but i think he could take him

Vlad The Impaler 09-26-2003 10:20 AM

Quote:

Brodeur insulted Garth through hockey.

Garth insulted Brodeur through personal relationships.

Same thing just different subject matters.

This is hopeless. You're a hockey fan and see this as the same thing? Discerning much?

Quote:

I refuse to feel sorry for Brodeur for the situation he dug himself in. If he does not want insults thrown at him, he shouldn't be throwing it out.

Get it through your head: nobody cares about the hole he dug himself in. As far as I'm concerned the whole league can insult Brodeur if they feel the needless need to do so. However, the issue of goalie equipment is much, much more important for hockey.

This is the heart of the matter. This is the issue that interest those of us who are past the point of 3rd grade comeback lines when a perfectly valid point of contention is raised.

Quote:

So what if Garth used huge equipment last year! Who cares! It was allowed. This year it will not be, and that is fine, but you can't judge a player for utilizing the rules to their advantage.

1-It will still be allowed

2-A lot of hockey fans care and they are damn right

3-You can't condemn a player for utilizing rules to his advantage but you can judge him and the overall goaltending situation. That situation right now is not good with goalies having equipment for puckstopping ability, not security.

If you like it as it is, that's your right to do so. Say it. That's the issue at hand and the fact that despite this having been clarified you continue bringing Brodeur's pathetic personnal life shows you have not understood that yet.

I for one think goaltending equipment should be much more strictly regulated. Garth Snow is indeed a good example of someone abusing the rules.

Stricter rules will probably help scoring and more importantly, it will separate the true talents from the hack AND make things a little more exciting to watch with goalies having to try a little harder at covering the whole net instead of just standing there.

I'm very happy that at least one goalie spoke on the issue. It helps that his record, accomplishments and talent are way above most others too.

Goldark 09-26-2003 10:26 AM

I struck back? what?

:D

andora 09-26-2003 10:39 AM

Quote:

or maybe if Garth didnt play hockey with an 8x4 piece of plywood stapled to his body, he wouldnt have to hear every sane hockey fan and fellow players in the world call him out?

.................................... and.....................................

lux_interior 09-26-2003 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vlad The Impaler
Some of us don't care whether he should feel bad or not about it, we just want the humongous equipment to go, for very good reasons.

So kudos to Garth indeed, for being able to avoid the question and still get a sample of not too-enlightened hockey fans on his side by throwing pointless drivel that has nothing to do with the current (and important for hockey) debate.

Yay Garth, you're the man! :handclap:

I think they're both acting stupid.

I Hate Tie DOMI 09-26-2003 10:58 AM

I haven't heard Brodeur complaining about what other goalies have said about him in any articles I've read about this topic. He made a comment about Snow, and Snow retaliated, he made one about Giguere and Lalime too. I just don't think Brodeur cares what they have to say and has not once complained about what has been said about him, which seems to be the point many of you are trying to make here.